Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Home day

Sad to be leaving, but also have to admit that towards the end of this holiday certain things started to really irritate me!!

I've noticed a huge lack of respect for your fellow park goers in these past 2 weeks and a huge number of people who walk around with a sense of entitlement. Last night is a great example, DBF and I had got the Illuminations time wrong so ended up just sitting in our 'spot' for another hour. It started to rain and we put up umbrellas, but they bloked the view of people behind us so we offered to swap places, the people were thankful etc etc. About 2 mins before the show started a small child pushed his way through past me and stood on the bench right in front of me, no excuse me or anything. I should say that I overheard his mother telling him to 'get that spot on the bench there, in front of that group'. So I moved him, much to the displeasure of his equally rude mother. It may be Disney but rudeness just shouldn't be tolerated!!

In a positive note, our last day yesterday was filled with magic. I 'managed' to pull the sword from the stone :-), saw the talking trash can, met the princesses and had a lovely glass of prosecco whilst watching illuminations!

Now it's time to lock up room 8084 and head to MCO for the final destination Glasgow. It's 13months until we return to the World.
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Sorry you encountered rudeness, but it sounds like you had an awesome last day. How cool that you pulled the sword out? and I love Push the talking trash can, he's so funny.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and I wish you safe travels on your way home xx
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
queendisney
DIS Veteran

glad you had a great time.

We encountered rudeness a lot more this time as well. Our main one was in MK. We got there early to watch the fireworks (still totally packed though) and ended up by the ice cream parlour but around the corner from it. We sat on the wall near the loo's. When the fireworks began all of us on that wall stood on it, not blocking anybodies view as there was a wall behind us. Along came an English family who promptly said out loud 'you'd think somebody on that wall would let a 7 year old stand on it' Err no....get yourself here early like the rest of us did if you want little Johnny to have a better view!!! I paid for my ticket just like they had...on your bike mate...no special favours for you. I will let kids stand in front of me ie at Epcot around the water but I am NOT inviting their whole family!!!!!! Rant over..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Disbabe
DIS Veteran

I completely agree. To have sat for what seems an eternity to get a great viewing spot, to have someone push in at the last minute is exasperating to say the least. Kids are often used by families (as if this makes it any better) and then you end up with the whole family. Why do people think its a god given right to have their child stand at the front? Do like the rest of us and wait!! These people certainly know how to ruin the moment!
That's my rant over

P.S. Safe Journey Home xx
DLRP April 2000 , Wynfield Inn (village premier) May 2001, Quality Inn International Drive May 2002, 4 Bedroomed Villa Clear Creek May 2003, DLRP October 2003 , DLRP August 2004 , Fairfield Inn Marriott Village May 2005, DLRP December 2007 , Cypress Pointe Resort (Grand Villas) March 2008, Cypress Pointe Resort (Grand Villas) July 2009, Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa July 2010, Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, Anaheim & Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites, Westwood July 2011, Cypress Pointe Resort/Disney's Beach Club Resort July 2013 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa August 2014

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Disbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Hope the rest of your trip was magical!!

We encountered many rude people too... They stick out in sharp contrast to the wonderful, happy, helpful, CM's who spread pixie dust!
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
martinrmn
DIS Veteran

What we found last time was the number of ignorant people on mobile phones not looking where they were going. Have to be careful then in case they bump into our son. If they did I would simply "bump" back. Don't get me wrong I am not looking for trouble but please pay attention. I always give way to scooters, wheelchairs, ladies and the elderly. No excuse for rudeness.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
saddler andy
Mouseketeer

During the fireworks at MK the amount of people who walked infront of my nan, in her wheelchair, was unbelieveable.

In the end she rode into the last person to do it and they whimpered and walked off.
2005 - Embassy Suites
2009 - Emerald Island
2011 - Windsor Hills
2013 - ?

UK SPENDING GAME NUMBER 22
saddler andy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: