Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
MagicMommy816
Earning My Ears

UT Park Tickets Upgrade ?

Hello! I have been reading up on the bridging of the undercover tourist tickets (specifically the 8 day ph no exp. ticket) to an AP. It seems like a hit or miss kind of thing to find a cm that knows how to bridge the tickets correctly and can be a hassle? Is this true? Is it worth the little discount to try doing the upgrade when I arrive in December, or just buy it now from disney and be able to login to the ap site with my voucher before I arrive? I'm all about penny pinching but I really don't want to run the risk of the ticket not being bridged easily and wasting time or annoying the other members of my family! Thank you to anyone who has any input!
MagicMommy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Well our ticket discount from UT wasnt 'little' add into that the price increase that happened after we got ours, yes it's worth it.. I have a feeling that either the reps just dont want to deal with it, so they tell you it cant be done, havent paid attention to how to do it, or just dont know how to do it. Most important thing is, see how much your ticket is worth now, add 6.5% tax to it, figure out how much the ticket you want will be, price plus tax.. Subtract those numbers, and within a penny or two, that should be the difference.. Any difference then that, ask for someone else, or go to another location. Until there is anything 'official' that they dont do the bridging thing, be a proactive consumer and know what you should be paying.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

For the 8-day PH NE, the UT discount (w/o Mousesavers link) is $37 per ticket. So, that is how much you should save per ticket (that includes tax) by bridging with your UT ticket. Yes, there is a slight chance that you might get a CM who will not know how to bridge or who will tell you that it can't be done. In that case, just say "sorry" and try it with another CM, later in the day or at another ticket office. It can be done, and it will save you money. It's up to you whether the hassle and the risk of having to try it with another CM is worth the savings of $37.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
MagicMommy816
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your replies. This is the only ticket I have left to purchase as I bought our other two before the ticket increase(would have bought all three if I had known about the price bridge before). The thing is, part of the reason we are getting one AP is so we can save on the parking (we are staying off site and drive our own car). If I don't have the AP upgrade the first day at the parks we will have to pay the $14 for parking. So in theory saving $23.. Just wanted to see what others opinions were and how difficult it could be to try this! I tend to be overly anxious about things and feel like I'm trying to do something sneaky! lol
MagicMommy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMommy816 View Post
Thanks for your replies. This is the only ticket I have left to purchase as I bought our other two before the ticket increase(would have bought all three if I had known about the price bridge before). The thing is, part of the reason we are getting one AP is so we can save on the parking (we are staying off site and drive our own car). If I don't have the AP upgrade the first day at the parks we will have to pay the $14 for parking. So in theory saving $23.. Just wanted to see what others opinions were and how difficult it could be to try this! I tend to be overly anxious about things and feel like I'm trying to do something sneaky! lol
You could first drive to DTD, park for free, and get the AP upgrade at GR there. Then, you could drive to a theme park and park for free with your AP. That would take time from your day, though, and I am not sure when GR at DTD opens.

ETA: Nevermind.

Last edited by ghtx; 10-06-2012 at 11:25 AM.
ghtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
You could first drive to DTD, park for free, and get the AP upgrade at GR there. Then, you could drive to a theme park and park for free with your AP. That would take time from your day, though, and I am not sure when GR at DTD opens.
Don't upgrade at DTD unless you have first used the ticket. You have to use the ticket first then bridge it then upgrade to the AP.

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
MagicMommy816
Earning My Ears

I have to use the ticket one time first before upgrading it though to get the bridge price, right? I'm wondering if I go to one of the monorail resorts for dinner on our first night, can I take the monorail to mk and use the ticket then go to GR and upgrade? We originally were not going to the parks our first night, but if it would get this out of the way then it wouldn't be wasting time. Do they charge parking at the resorts if your only coming for the restaurants?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:

1- I have to use the ticket one time first before upgrading it though to get the bridge price, right?

2- I'm wondering if I go to one of the monorail resorts for dinner on our first night, can I take the monorail to mk and use the ticket then go to GR and upgrade?

3- Do they charge parking at the resorts if your only coming for the restaurants?
Quote:
4- If I don't have the AP upgrade the first day at the parks we will have to pay the $14 for parking.
1- Yes.
2- Yes
3- No.
They don't charge to park at a Disney-owned resort at all, unless you are valet parking without
a TIW card.

4- If you just save your parking receipt, Guest Relations at the park will refund your parking
fee when you do the AP upgrade.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
MagicMommy816
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
1- Yes.
2- Yes
3- No.
They don't charge to park at a Disney-owned resort at all, unless you are valet parking without
a TIW card.

4- If you just save your parking receipt, Guest Relations at the park will refund your parking
fee when you do the AP upgrade.
Thats great, Thank you! Im going to go ahead and get the UT ticket and do the upgrade. Thanks for all your knowledge! <3 this board!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: