Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #16
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

On a Mac to capture the full screen use COMMAND + SHIFT + 3, if you only want a portion of the screen COMMAND + SHIFT + 4. Your screen shot is saved to your desktop with the time/date. As an earlier poster mentioned. Easiest thing ever. My experience with Sears has been that they have always honored a web offer for me, even if I didn't have the screen shot.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #17
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco View Post

I also was ordering over $12k of flooring from a store. I called first to verify it was indeed in stock (which it was). When I went to checkout finally, the price had increased almost $3000. I called them back and they said yeah, when you called we noticed the price was wrong so we changed it. They wouldn't honor it either. They were the only carrier of this floor so I had no other option and needed it to match the rooms that were already done . If I had just not called first....
Any chance I get, I will tell people not to use them. I'd like to think that cost them the extra $3k.
Business make mistakes in pricing all the time. They don't have to honor these prices, although they sometimes do.
lost*in*cyberspace is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Wow! That is so wrong of them not to honor their sale! It isn't like they wouldn't know they ran it!
Quote:
I would print out what was posted here about their sale.
Id go to sears with the promo and the item you bought intending to get the promo.
Id ask for a mgr and ask him/her WHY you were told that they are not honoring their own sale.
Before everyone starts vilifying Sears (not saying it's not deserved in some cases)...
The OP wasn't told the offer isn't being honored, just that the people she's spoken with aren't aware of it and could she provide some proof of its existence.
The offer was valid on purchases made between 9/16 and 9/30.
The OP made her purchase on or after 9/24 - so at least 2/3 of the way into the offer period.
According to the fatwallet discussion, all award cards will be sent via e-mail by October 25, 2012 - so we're only about 1/3 of the way between the purchase date and the fulfillment deadline.

Does the OP's e-mail receipt include any information about an award card? That would help a lot toward proving existence of the offer and her eligibility in the event she still doesn't have the award card by 10/25.
Is the OP sure she entered her e-mail address correctly (most likely, especially if she has any kind of proof of purchase related to this issue).
Has the OP checked her spam, junk, and trash mail folders? It's possible it came but her mail server didn't recognize the sender so diverted the e-mail; or that she didn't recognize the source and put it in the trash folder without opening.
Was the OP aware of all the conditions up front, including the timeline?

Yeah, Sears screws up - anybody remember the really, really cheap princess televisions a few tears ago, but after you paid online and went to pick it up, they didn't have any? But in this case, Sears isn't ripping off anyone.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #19
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012 View Post
On a Mac to capture the full screen use COMMAND + SHIFT + 3, if you only want a portion of the screen COMMAND + SHIFT + 4. Your screen shot is saved to your desktop with the time/date. As an earlier poster mentioned. Easiest thing ever. My experience with Sears has been that they have always honored a web offer for me, even if I didn't have the screen shot.
Wow, thanks so much! I did it and it worked! And the image saved on my desk top just like you said it would! It even made a little camera snapping noise. Gotta love a MAC!....sorry to hijack the thread.
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
seasheller
seasheller

Sears no more

We used to shop Sears all the time. Then about five years ago they had a great rebate deal on several items. I bought them all (mostly tools). I got about half the rebates back. I called and wrote several times, and they always agreed that I should get the rebates, just keep watching the mail for them. After three months of nothing, I cancelled my Sears credit card and haven't shopped there since. Never did get them. Just hope my appliances hold up for awhile because they all came from Sears ten years ago.
seasheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #21
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Living in a small town we have a Sears Catalog Store. So when we want to purchase things from Sears we have them shipped to the Catalog Store. I've never had any issues with them standing behind any offer or purchase. We also now have a JC Penny Catalog Store. Love them.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Wow, you guys are the GREATEST!

Thank you, Dizneefun and Lost*in*cyberspace for that info. I've sent it to them and hope that they will resolve it.

I remembered the original offer said something about receiving the card by late October, but after I placed the order, there was no email, no notice on the invoice, no notification at all that I would be receiving it. So when I emailed them and they said, "We have no idea what you're talking about," I was a bit concerned.

I'll let you know how it turns out! Thank you again!! (It is also nice to know I'm not going crazy and didn't imagine the offer!!)
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #23
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

When you placed the order did you get an email confirmation of what you ordered?
Minnesota! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #24
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
When you placed the order did you get an email confirmation of what you ordered?
Yes, but there was no mention at all of the free gift card. There was no mention of it at all after I placed the order, which concerned me.

Just wanted to say that they emailed me and told me that they're sending me the gift card. I am not sure they would have, had I not provided the information Dizneefun and Lost*in*cyberspace gave me. Thank you again!

(I hope they follow through on their promise this time!)
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

I quit purchasing anything with a rebate a couple years back for this exact same reason. I will only purchase such items IN-STORE where they hand you a gift card right away.
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: