Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #16
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

It's really not a bad place. The quality if their stuff seems good. Their "big" pizzas (comparable to the Walmart deli pizza) are really really good. I grabbed one of those last year around Christmas, because I was in the store and it looked good, it was a big hit.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #17
AmericangirlinFrance
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennicksmom View Post
I give two thumbs up on their fresh fruits and vegies. The green beans are always delicious. The fruit snacks are great. Milk is priced great-better than Sam's or Costco. We get their brand of Gatorade-my kids say it tastes exactly the same. The premade pizza crusts are good too. They have tubs of freshly grated parmasian cheese that is good. The only thing I swore to never get there again is lunch meat. I needed something quick and I think starving was a better choice! I just bought their coffee and I have to admit it is good too. My husband is a Foldgers drinker and could not tell the difference.
Oh yeah! I forgot about lunch meat. I got some last week from Aldi and we didn't think it was very good. I'm not a big lunch meat eater but my husband likes a sandwich sometimes.

Also I got a carton of grape tomatoes that weren't so hot, but I've gotten them in the past and they were fine, so I'm chalking it up to a bad batch.

We can usually get our coffee (we drink Eight O'Clock) cheaper at Publix when it's Buy One Get one Free with coupons.

Florida residents!
AmericangirlinFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #18
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

where do you get aldi's coupons? OP?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
threecrazykids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
where do you get aldi's coupons? OP?
I was going to ask the exact same thing...it's one of their known "things"...they don't accept nor produce coupons. I know they don't accept coupons on the name brand stuff they sell as overstock, but I've asked the manager of my store before if they ever have "Aldi coupons" and he said never.

We have had several in our area open in the last few years and I have NEVER seen a coupon for Aldi's. Maybe this is a new thing????
threecrazykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
pixiedustfairy
Mouseketeer

OP here.Thanks everyone for your help. I am actually writing my grocery list and popped back in here. The coupons I have are on the circular on the front. They are for $5 off a $20 purchase/only excludes alcohol. Maybe they just have them in my area because there is a lot of competition. I've noticed them the past few weeks so I thought I would give the store a try this week. Will be heading out shortly. Wish me luck.
CBR 2000
POLY 2003
VB/CBR 2008

pixiedustfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

The peanut butter was good, jelly, crackers, cereal, butter.....I would never buy meat, cold cuts or produce there. And their pizza rolls were just horrible!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
DisneyCrazyX5
Do you know any cats?
But I can't find the clippie

We like their natural peanut butter best. They will refund you for anything you do not like. I bought 6 bottles of molasses one year and found out I like the dark molasses better for cookies and took 5 bottles back with no problems.
DisneyCrazyX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

We love aldi! Some things we have tried and we have decided not to buy them again though. But there is a lot we like and it saves our budget! The things we buy are, toilet paper, paper towel, freezer bags, water softening salt, sugar, granola bars, chips, canned goods, real butter, fresh vegtables (if they look good), taco seasoning, chili seasoning, burrito wrappers, case of water, spagetti sauce, noodles, feta cheese, and I like to try the seasonal food items too! So, did I list the whole store? lol! No, there are things we have tried at aldi and haven't liked it. I haven't tried the meat and don't know if I ever will. We have bought the lunch meat but wasn't totally thrilled with it.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
The things we buy are, water softening salt,!
What the heck is water softening salt????
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #25
Kellydelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
What the heck is water softening salt????
It goes in a water softening unit, for people with hard/well water.
Kellydelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

I buy my dairy & produce at Aldis.
I usually will not buy fresh strawberries there though-unless they are Driscoll & look really fresh.Another thing I won't buy there anymore are the bananas-we throw out as many as we eat.Several times the green bunch I brought home would turn brown(skipped the yellow) stage.
We like the frozen boneless,skinless chicken breasts & the tater tots.
We really like the seasonal items-esp. the bavarian mustard,the pretzel chips,cheese spaetzel mixes,etc.
At Christmas we like the German chocolates & other specialty stuff.
Just this fall we have received 2 coupons in the mail for a store in a neighboring town that opened in a new location.Otherwise, you may find a coupon in their flyer here 1x per year-if lucky.
We visited an Aldis store while in Germany.It offered a wider selection of meats & cheeses.I was intrigued by the recycling machines that you could feed your empty plastic bottles into & get money back.

Last edited by gardengalB4; 10-07-2012 at 10:02 PM.
gardengalB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #27
butterflygirl3
Mouseketeer

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Aldi's!!!! I can usually feed our family of five with two hundred bucks a month and Aldi's TOTALLY helps make that happen (coupons too )!!! With the quarter thing, I have forgotten before and at our store you can borrow a quarter if you forget. I didn't know this until I mentioned to the cashier about my hugely overflowing box and she said, "oh, if that ever happens again where you forget a quarter just ask a cashier, you can borrow a quarter!" Nice to know cause sometimes I make an unexpected Aldi's stop And, this has never happened to me, but a friend of mine has returned bad fruit to them with no problem.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #28
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl3 View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Aldi's!!!! I can usually feed our family of five with two hundred bucks a month and Aldi's TOTALLY helps make that happen (coupons too )!!! With the quarter thing, I have forgotten before and at our store you can borrow a quarter if you forget. I didn't know this until I mentioned to the cashier about my hugely overflowing box and she said, "oh, if that ever happens again where you forget a quarter just ask a cashier, you can borrow a quarter!" Nice to know cause sometimes I make an unexpected Aldi's stop And, this has never happened to me, but a friend of mine has returned bad fruit to them with no problem.
Coupons, at Aldi???? Not here! Will not buy there dairy again, or any meats. Mostly only buy produce (no bananas) and a few grocery/snack items - that's it. Everything else is cheaper with Q's at other groceries.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #29
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

No one has mentioned SALD DRESSING - both Fit & Active and Tuscan Garden brands are really good. I get french, Balsamic Vinegarette, ranch and ceasar.

I get all our salad stuff there... dressing, croutons, bacon bits (from real bacon), bagged salad. I actually like their bagged salad better than Dole brand - and it's only 99¢! I also get their spaghetti sauce, and it's every bit as good as name brand. I get the pickles and artichoke hearts there too. (artichoke hearts for when we make home made pizza - yum!) I also get cheese there when it's not on sale at my regular grocery, and hummus and fresh salsa. Oh, and their Mercer brand animal crackers are yummy! They taste like McDonald land cookies used to taste when I was growing up, when they came in a little box with Grimace (the purple McDonalds character) on them.

In the frozen section, I get their green beans. They are the skinny ones that are sweeter, and at the grocery, that kind is really expensive. I also get their stir fry veggie mix from the frozen section. Add some meat or shrimp, and a little stir fry sauce, and then make rice on the side, and it's a quick meal!

From the Produce section - they carry Cuties (tangerines) for cheaper than the normal grocery, and Honey Crisp apples too. I'm stopping by on my way home today to get some of those because they are almost $4/lb at my gorcery, and they are less than $5 for a 3 lb bag at Aldi.

Also - FRESH FLOWERS! They are always cheap at Aldi. Make sure you pick the fresh, not wilty ones. I think they only come in once or twice a week, but they are only like $3.50, I think. I was getting those once a week for a while, but then we started going out of town all the time, so I felt like it was a waste since we weren't home to enjoy them. I'll have to pick some up again next time I'm there. I miss having flowers in the house.

Hm... thinking about all of this - now I'll have to stop at Aldi on the way home!!!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #30
leight
Making out in the halls in high school was a necessity

I have two ALDI's near me and one I really like the other I only go to if I am at that shopping center for another store. That one's produce stinks.

I like ALDI's produce. The prices are much better than my publix- although I do find they don't last as long. Strawberries have to be eaten within a day or two-I usually get them when we're doing fondue or strawberry shortcake. I get oranges in a 5lb bag there usually for under $3 and I bring them to dd's soccer team for the games(dh is coach) on the weekend. Not as pretty as the ones you by individually at publix but since I cut them up to be eaten during half time the girls don't seem to care.

I like their wine- the winking owl merlot is tasty for $2.69 (best with an aerator) and their Memoir Red is lovely.
Their Reislings are almost always good.

I get baking items, their crescents and cinammon rolls (think like pillsbury) shredded cheeses, hummus is great. They bring in a lot of nice cheeses taht are fun to try. I do find their Crackers are good and some of the chips- dd loves the salt & vinegar, dh the barbecue but the reg and sour cream and onion taste super salty.

Pancake mix is great. I try new things when I can and sometimes like it sometimes don't. But when you don't like something they will refund your money. Most of the mamma cozzi pizzas are good (we like the bake & rise).Not a huge fan of their meats or cold cuts- will occaissonally try something in the freezer section that they have seasonally.

never seen coupons here either- would love that! I do not do a majority of my shopping there but will go a few times a month.

dhmedd13dd 112.59
leight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: