Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Buying Refillable Mug (no Disney Dining Plan)

Are Refillable Mugs offered for purchase to guests NOT using Disney Dining Plan?

Approximately, how much do they cost?

And other than the Coca-Cola store, I'm not sure I recall filling my own soda at any Quick Service food court in the Parks.

Really, there are self-serve soda fountains at Disney Parks or do you hand your mug to Cast members to be refilled?

ABC Commisary (2.5-stars*-food), Akershus (3.0*; 5* princess interaction), Artist Point (3.5*), blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Casey's (4* - Qwik Serve Overstuffed Pulled Pork & Slaw w/ Hot Dog), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (3.0* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flame Tree BBQ (3.0* + .5* for taking TiW), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.0* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4.0*), Jiko (3.5*), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (4* - French pastry), Marrakesh (3* - Best Value 1-Credit/bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4* - View of Animals on Savannah), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Spice Road Table (3.5*), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (2.5*), Yak & Yeti (2*)
-- Items in BOLD are personal favorites.

2015 ADR's: blueZoo, Il Mulino, Brown Derby (Fantasmic), Coral Reef, Be Our Guest (dinner), Sci-Fi Theater (child's first time), Tusker House (family first time), and 1900 Park Fare (family first time). On 'to dine' list: Monsieur Paul, Ohana, Yachtman's Steakhouse.
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

You may buy them at your resort. They were around $13 if I remember correctly. They can only be filled at your resort.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
You may buy them at your resort. They were around $13 if I remember correctly. They can only be filled at your resort.
This. I don't think even the DDP mugs can be used in the parks.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
matysgrandma
Mouseketeer

The price of the mugs are now $15.49. You cannot use them at the parks.

matysgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
delmar411
DIS Veteran

They can be purchased by anyone who wants them (on or off site). They are only good at resorts and cannot be used in the park.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

The two water parks have refillable mugs but not the others. I'm not sure why the water parks have it and the others don't. I wish they would.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

you do not need to purchase the dining plan. we have brought ours into the parks, and some you hand the cup to, others not.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcterry
you do not need to purchase the dining plan. we have brought ours into the parks, and some you hand the cup to, others not.
You can't use the mugs at the parks, so I don't know what you are referring to.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZCubed View Post
Are Refillable Mugs offered for purchase to guests NOT using Disney Dining Plan?

And other than the Coca-Cola store, I'm not sure I recall filling my own soda at any Quick Service food court in the Parks.

Really, there are self-serve soda fountains at Disney Parks or do you hand your mug to Cast members to be refilled?
Yes, anyone can buy the refillable mugs.

They are around $15.

You can not use the refillable mugs at any of the parks, only the resorts.

Yes, there are self-serve soda fountains at the parks (Electric Umbrella at Epcot comes immediately to mind), but you can't use the refillable mug there, only at resorts.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZCubed

We bought them off DDP last visit - although we were there for 2 weeks so certainly got our money's worth with juice, hot chocolate and tea in the morning for breakfast, at night before bed, plus a few refills during mid-day breaks. Like PPs have said tho - u can't use them in the parks, or at other resorts. They also make gr8 souvenirs 2 bring home - we're still using ours from 4 years ago, and even have 1 going from our first trip 11 years ago ;-)

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZCubed View Post
As others have posted yes, but its only been recently that they were included with the plans. In fact I think this is the first year the regular plan got them.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
The two water parks have refillable mugs but not the others. I'm not sure why the water parks have it and the others don't. I wish they would.
I'm thinking people at water parks don't carry their mugs with them onto the attractions - they leave the mugs at their seating site. If I want to go onto Twilight Zone and have liquid in a mug, what am I going to do? Slurp it down before I go on the ride? How many people would attempt to ride with the liquid still in the mug? Mugs are much different from a screw on top of a soda or water bottle. Mugs have lids than can easily come off. And drinking holes that can easily open.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: