Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
bookluvingbabe
Mouseketeer

We did it! Booked Orlando tickets for a trip right before Christmas. Now to plan!

Ack!

Jetblue dropped airfare down below $200 each roundtrip. I had been toying with a quick pre-Christmas trip for just me and DS (5) but when I broached it with DH, he went all Eeyore on me. While my budget could easily handle the two of us it was a stretch but all 3 of us are going!

We leave on 12/19 and get in to MCO around 3. We come home on the 24th around 1 pm. We have made a very serious vow to each other that all the Christmas stuff will be done and ready before we leave. In fact, we will like send to DS to school for a few hours on the 19th and pick him up on the way to the airport so we can so all the last minute stuff.

We're staying off-site at one of the Marriotts. DH did not like Pop Century when we stayed there but staying off site with a rental car is still cheaper than staying on site at a moderate.

We have booked the Christmas Party for the 21st , with the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party.

Now for the place where I need help. I had originally thought we do 4 day park hoppers but I checked and 5 day MYW tickets are cheaper.

So option 1, 5 day tickets:

19th--arrive, check in to hotel. Grab a quick dinner. Head to DHS for the Osborne Lights.
20th--MK
21st--MK with Christmas party
22nd--Epcot (slow start to the day since we'll be up late the night before. I'd like to have breakfast at Kona or Captain Cooke's for the Tonga Toast that morning...); no ideas on lunch or dinner.
23rd--AK, breakfast at Tusker, lunch Yak and Yeti, dinner at Artists Point

Or option 2, 4 day park hopper tickets

19th--arrive, check in, DTD
20th--MK until about four then DHS
21st--maybe epcot for a few hours in the AM then MK in after noon, plus Christmas Party
22nd--Epcot
23rd--AK

Part of the problem is that nothing at DHS appeals to be other than the Osborne lights. DS really, really, really, wants to go to all 4 parks. So far we've only been to MK and he loved it. That's why I want to spend most of our time there.

I need to fit in a Crystal Palace breakfast and a Tony's lunch. I really wanted to a 1900 Park breakfast on the 24th before we leave but DH was more interested in getting an early flight. But I really want to spend some time at the GF.

We have a Touring Plans subscription so we will use that once we figure out which parks when.

The other idea I'm toying with is buying Annual Passes. We have a free place to stay in Daytona Beach most of the year. But I think the AP is a pipe dream.

Would love ideas, suggestions, warnings, etc. This is the 3rd trip for me and DS, and the second for DH.

Thanks!
bookluvingbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
hookedonears
Louisianan

I would plan on doing everything as early as possible. It's going to be unbelievably crowded at the parks. This may be a year when the fire marshal closes the MK during a few days, considering that the New Fantasyland expansion will be open. Good luck.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
bookluvingbabe
Mouseketeer

Will it really be that bad the week before Christmas? Most schools don't get out until the 21st. We're planning to do to MK over two days and both on Party days so we're hoping that will help with the crowd issues.

Fortunately we tend to be early morning people anyway.

Thanks!
bookluvingbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

lol...oooooohhhh yes. the week of christmas is the most crowded of the year! Have fun!

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Charles92fam
Earning My Ears

Now I am a bit scared with talk of it being that crowded we also just booked 12/16-12/22. I thought I would miss the huge crowds.
I know it will be busy but I thought with most people their vacations don't start until the next week it wouldn't be to bad.
Charles92fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
JessM
We all have a dream

I personally would make time to hop over to DHS for the Osborne lights, I think you will find the lights alone worth the cost to upgrade to the park hopper. The lights are amazing and will really get you into the Christmas spirit. I think your DS would like them too! Depending on how long you want to stay at Epcot, you could easily hop over to DHS from there, they are so close if you exit through the international gateway. I might try to go to Epcot in the morning, leave for an afternoon break. Then hit Osborne lights and then take the boat over to Epcot for Illuminations.

Have a great trip! I have been to Disney in December at least 10 times, I always try to go then if I can fit it into my budget and schedule!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: