Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
ducky2u
Earning My Ears

Latest time you can disembark

What is the Latest time you can disembark?
ducky2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
MKRuns 26
Mouseketeer

9 am
Disney Magic- X 4

WDW- More times then I can count
DL- Soon
MKRuns 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky2u View Post
What is the Latest time you can disembark?
Latest time to disembark is 9:00am, but they want you out of your room no later then 8:00am. If you are still in your room at that point, they will start knocking on your door, even if you have the Do Not Disturb sign out.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
scootch
DIS Veteran

Cabanas shuts the food down at 830 sharp... as long as you have your food though you can eat up there until 9ish... saying 9ish as the line was still so long when we went to leave at 9... that we went back for another 15 min, only to come down to still a really long line but we got in it and it moved fairly well.

ALSO... if you have early breakfast... be sure to tell your stateroom host you are NOT going to early breakfast. On our 1st cruise, I did not do this. He did knock, but by the time i got up to see who it was, he was thru the door and I standing there in my lovely big tshirt. Ho hum...
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

All as above--they ask that you be out of your cabin (including all personal items, carry on luggage, etc.) by 8:00. The pool deck buffets stop serving at 8:30. You are asked to be off the ship by 9 and about 9:10 they start gently but firmly directing any remaining guests toward the door.

If you are using DCL transportation, DO NOT get on the last bus. It is NOT a pleasant experience. We've had the "joy" when going to both WDW and MCO.....NO, never again.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
If you are using DCL transportation, DO NOT get on the last bus. It is NOT a pleasant experience. We've had the "joy" when going to both WDW and MCO.....NO, never again.
I can imagine, but I wonder why specifically you say that.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
queenofeverything
Mouseketeer

We were just off the Magic this morning and our actual breakfast time was 8:45. We were some of the last off the ship and it was about 9:30. We did have to be out of the cabin at 8:00, so we just waited in the Rockin Bar D until breakfast time.
queenofeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything View Post
We were just off the Magic this morning and our actual breakfast time was 8:45. We were some of the last off the ship and it was about 9:30. We did have to be out of the cabin at 8:00, so we just waited in the Rockin Bar D until breakfast time.
Yup. Out of the cabin by 8. They want you off the ship by 9, but Disney can't always get everyone off by 9 am. They will expect you to be in line to get off by 9 am though. We waited 45 minutes in line to get off on our Disney cruise. I know this systemless disembarkation set up is popular on Disney, but the 8 other cruises I took, with a system, I was able to walk right off at my appointed time.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything View Post
This must be a change for Galveston. In the Caribbean the last breakfast time was 8:15 and was then changed to 8:00.

Things DO differ among the ports based on how the port handles disembarkation.

TV guy has previously reported a bad experience with disembarkation many years ago; I don't know whether he has any current experience or any experience at a port other than Canaveral. At PC, we've had 3 late Customs clearances....but lots of on time, good experiences as well.

Why to avoid the last bus.
OK--to MCO. We were initially sent to one bus and our friend on another airline to a different bus (they said one bus to each terminal.) After we sat for a while, they moved all the people from the other bus and their luggage to our bus, and ultimately we left for the airport. We sat there waiting till they were sure everyone was off the ship, and didn't depart for the airport till after 9:30.

To AKL (December, 2011). I should have known there would be trouble when the CM at the podium remarked that AKL was near Wilderness Lodge--it is not and the only similarity is that they both have "lodge" in their names. We were out of the terminal by about 8:45 and were sent to this bus. It ultimately had people on it for 6 resorts (their rule is supposed to be 3 and the driver was complaining).We drove all over WDW and had the joy of being the last drop off about 3 hours after we departed PC. We got to the resort about 12:30; I know because I had to ask the concierge at AKL to contact the restaurant where we had ADRs to advise them that we would be late. It was the most disorganized trip we've ever had. At the very least, they should have dropped off guests at resorts in the same area sequentially....for example, all EPCOT area resorts, all WDW area resorts, all AK area resorts rather than criss-crossing WDW several times.

If you are not on the last WDW bus, they are supposed to go to a max of 3 resorts, so even if they are not well coordinated resorts at least you won't ride for 3 hours.

I had another bad experience going to WDW as well, but not THIS bad.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
TV guy has previously reported a bad experience with disembarkation many years ago; I don't know whether he has any current experience or any experience at a port other than Canaveral. At PC, we've had 3 late Customs clearances....but lots of on time, good experiences as well.

Well, if you have a travel agent, have them check the American Society of Travel Agents notes on Disney Cruises out of Port Canaveral. Lack of an disembarkation system and the resulting slower disembarkation are in the notes, so I must not be the only person who cruised Disney who felt that way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: