Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
neuend1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 99

Alamo - What other Mid SUVs than Ford Escape?

I have a ressie for Alamo in December for a Mid size SUV. What other SUV's do they offer than the Ford Escape? I will be bringing a walker or a handicapped scooter and am looking for a SUV with the widest area in back. I am use to having a Toyota Rav4 and they are ideal for my needs.

So does anyone remember what other SUV's Alamo offers?
neuend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuend1 View Post
I have a ressie for Alamo in December for a Mid size SUV. What other SUV's do they offer than the Ford Escape? I will be bringing a walker or a handicapped scooter and am looking for a SUV with the widest area in back. I am use to having a Toyota Rav4 and they are ideal for my needs.

So does anyone remember what other SUV's Alamo offers?
Jeep Patriot, Jeep Liberty, toyota Rav 4, to name a few. If you don't see what you want, ask, if it is available they will get it for you.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
neuend1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 99

Mid Size SUVs at Alamo

I just called Alamo at MCO and asked what mid-sized SUVs they MIGHT have available at the garage. The operator said they DO NOT carry the Toyota RAV4. However, they might have the Ford Escape, KIA Sportage, Nissan Rogue, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, and Jeep Liberty available.

I was sorry to hear that they don't have the Toyota Rav 4 as I have rented this car many times and know it fits my walker/scooter needs perfectly. So now I am going to have to research the cargo space of the other SUVs mentioned to see what their dimensions are in the cargo hold.

Has anyone had any experience with these SUVs as far as putting an electric scooter in the back?
neuend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
Disney st8 of mind
Mouseketeer
 
Disney st8 of mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: mid michigan
Posts: 251

I think we had a Chevy Captiva?
__________________
Disney st8 of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
neuend1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 99

Other SUVs

After having read how Alamo/National/Enterprise trade cars, this SUV is very possible. The Chevy Captiva was the replacement SUV that we got from Enterprise after the first car died on the first day with a bad battery. We loved the Chevy Captiva and it had plenty of room for my handicapped equipment.
neuend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuend1 View Post
I just called Alamo at MCO and asked what mid-sized SUVs they MIGHT have available at the garage. The operator said they DO NOT carry the Toyota RAV4. However, they might have the Ford Escape, KIA Sportage, Nissan Rogue, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, and Jeep Liberty available.

I was sorry to hear that they don't have the Toyota Rav 4 as I have rented this car many times and know it fits my walker/scooter needs perfectly. So now I am going to have to research the cargo space of the other SUVs mentioned to see what their dimensions are in the cargo hold.

Has anyone had any experience with these SUVs as far as putting an electric scooter in the back?
They most definitely have Rav4's. You spoke with someone who NEVER goes into the garage, I worked 5 days a week for months in that garage, both sides and I do have a pretty good idea what is there.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuend1 View Post
After having read how Alamo/National/Enterprise trade cars, this SUV is very possible. The Chevy Captiva was the replacement SUV that we got from Enterprise after the first car died on the first day with a bad battery. We loved the Chevy Captiva and it had plenty of room for my handicapped equipment.
They don't trade cars, they share cars. I believe the Captiva is a midsize crossover, not a midsize SUV.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
neuend1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 99

Alamo Cars at MCO

I really hope they have a Toyota RAV4. It was my ideal car.

Sorry about using "trade" I should have used "share." I really don't know the difference between a crossover and an SUV. I just figured it was an SUV since it looked like one.
neuend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuend1 View Post
I really hope they have a Toyota RAV4. It was my ideal car.

Sorry about using "trade" I should have used "share." I really don't know the difference between a crossover and an SUV. I just figured it was an SUV since it looked like one.
You an always ask and no problem about "trade" vs "share", I have just learned to be very very specific about info here. To be honest, I don't really know the diff. between a SUV and Crossover, with the exception of the really big SUVs, they all look the same to me. With the 2013 models coming in now, you never know what they will have and what they may have shipped out for sale, so, as I said, ask if you don't see something that fits your needs.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran
 
PatMcDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,833

We got a Dodge Nitro from Alamo last year. I took it because it was a little weird looking, lol.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
We got a Dodge Nitro from Alamo last year. I took it because it was a little weird looking, lol.
Sort of looks like the Chevy HHR. Nitro's are compact SUVs.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.