Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Trip in 2weeks?!!

Ok...so I am considering taking a last minute trip in 2 weeks ( I'm an OCD planner,and this is totally out of the box for me!!). How would I get all my info incl magical express info before the trip? Does this sound nuts ?! I don't need to worry about ADR's bc I'm going with family friends who have already made their ADR's and I can be included. It'd only be for 3 nights/4days. Should I take the plunge and go?! All suggestions welcomed!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Whether or not to go is too personal a decision and involves too many variables so I won't weigh in on that one. I assume from your comment about ADRs that your friends have already changed their ADRs to include you. You can't just assume that you can show up and be included on their ADR, especially if it would involve needing a bigger table.

Your information package and DME package might not get there in time; in which case you would get our vacation package info when you check into the resort (just bring your confirmation email with you). As for DME- if you don't get the tags in time then you just go to the DME counter with your DME email confirmation and give them your luggage tags. (or if you prefer, pick up your own luggage and bring it with you). They'll take care of things from there.

Are you staying with your friends in their room, or will you need to try to find a room of your own at the same resort?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

You can call Magical Express at (866) 599-0951.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
thehowells
Mouseketeer

If you do dme, they likely won't?have time o send you passes, no problem just check in at the desk

thehowells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

I know not to assume I could just show up and be added onto an ADR, that is taken care of, but thank you for the thought, i appreciate it. I won't be staying with them in their room, i will have my own (still available), so thats not an issue. And by some stroke of luck, theres a decent deal on airefare from here (NY) even considering the short notice (which was a surprise to me!!). Thank you for your thoughts, they are appreciated! I need all the help i can get!! Ive never planned a trip this close to the dates!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Whether or not to go is too personal a decision and involves too many variables so I won't weigh in on that one. I assume from your comment about ADRs that your friends have already changed their ADRs to include you. You can't just assume that you can show up and be included on their ADR, especially if it would involve needing a bigger table.

Your information package and DME package might not get there in time; in which case you would get our vacation package info when you check into the resort (just bring your confirmation email with you). As for DME- if you don't get the tags in time then you just go to the DME counter with your DME email confirmation and give them your luggage tags. (or if you prefer, pick up your own luggage and bring it with you). They'll take care of things from there.

Are you staying with your friends in their room, or will you need to try to find a room of your own at the same resort?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowells View Post
If you do dme, they likely won't?have time o send you passes, no problem just check in at the desk
Thank you! I didn't even realize this was a possibility! (I will be using DME)!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

If you can swing it, go and have fun. You only live once, make the best of it..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: