Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #1231
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,595

Merry Christmas day Animal kingdom lovers! Hope you are all having fun :-)
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #1232
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle
 
tiggrbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,746

To all Jamborinis and Kidanites:

__________________


DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #1233
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,238

Merry Christmas everybody

Alison those pictures are just too cute!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #1234
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 88,062

....could it get any worse? My DSis and her family visited my house on Christmas Eve, my DBro and his wife, along with their twin DS and DD, and of course, my brother, who was in the hospital for 60 days, accompanied by his DD. They travelled from down the shore in her Jeep. A good time was had by all, and it was wonderful to get the family together. My brother was leaving soon, so he offered my niece a ride to my [sick] brother's wife's relatives house nearby, while the plan was to leave the Jeep behind, so that my brother could drive home the next day [since he'd been hospitalized for such a lengthy stay, I felt safer knowing that he would be driving home during the day, as opposed to later in the evening, in the dark].

After some visiting by friends and other [extended] family members on Christmas Day, my brother headed back down the shore around 3:30. I reminded him to call me when he reached home so that I would know that he had safely arrived, but by 5:30 I still hadn't heard from him. Now two hours later, I frantically called his cell, with no answer, so I decided to call his daughter [they weren't at home, but were at a friends' home, 15-20 min away]. My niece said that she'd try to contact him and call me back. Well, she did, around 10 minutes later, and had also called another friend to stop by their house to see if her car was in the driveway, but of course, it wasn't. I tried several times, to no avail, when my niece called be back, hysterically crying; they'd called the State Troopers - he'd been cut off in the center lane on the Parkway and, to avoid hitting the jerk, he stepped on the brake and swerved, flipping over 4 times! Other cars that had seen it, pulled over and called 911; he was rushed to the hospital. Ironically, it was the one that he'd just spent 60 days at, but it's also a trauma center. I told her that I'd meet her there, and off my DH and I dashed. However, moments before we were getting onto the NJTurnpike, my brother called me. He was at X-Ray and was also getting a CAT-SCAN, so he didn't call me, but assured me that he wasn't too bad (THANK GOD FOR SEATBELTS!), but was in some pain and that he thought that maybe he had a broken rib of two. Well, he assured us that the hospital was keeping him overnight for observation, so hat we didn't have to go all the way down the shore, and my niece and her mom had just arrived at the emergency room. I really felt bad for my niece for, not only being scared out of her wits, but she paid for that car all by herself, with her hard-earned money [they had to cut off the roof to extract my brother]. The happy ending is that he is alive, but really, how much more bad luck can he take? I sure hope that 2013 is a wonderful year for him....
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #1235
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,493

Oh. My. God. Kim. I don't even know what to say. Thank god, he is still alive, but you're right how much more can one individual endure? He has suffered enough! Let's hope 2013 is MUCH MUCH better!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #1236
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,518

Kim, I am so sorry. It really looks like he can't catch a break. Fortunately he has lived to tell the tale and I hope that he makes a swift recovery. Let's hope that next year will be a better year.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #1237
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,595

Sorry to hear about your shocking news Kim. Like others have offered thank goodness he is still with us!


Lets hope 2013 is better.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #1238
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,495

Kim, I am so happy he is alive and is going to recovery. Prayers coming for the whole family. Hope that 2013 is a much better year.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #1239
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)
 
wendypooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Baton Rouge ~ GEAUX TIGERS!!
Posts: 8,021

OH my goodness Kim............. WOW - how horrible!!! I feel so bad for your brother and the entire family - when it rains it pours, huh!!! HUGS to all of you and prayers for his speedy recovery and a much much better new year!!!
__________________
wendypooh is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #1240
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle
 
tiggrbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....could it get any worse? My DSis and her family visited my house on Christmas Eve, my DBro and his wife, along with their twin DS and DD, and of course, my brother, who was in the hospital for 60 days, accompanied by his DD. They travelled from down the shore in her Jeep. A good time was had by all, and it was wonderful to get the family together. My brother was leaving soon, so he offered my niece a ride to my [sick] brother's wife's relatives house nearby, while the plan was to leave the Jeep behind, so that my brother could drive home the next day [since he'd been hospitalized for such a lengthy stay, I felt safer knowing that he would be driving home during the day, as opposed to later in the evening, in the dark].

After some visiting by friends and other [extended] family members on Christmas Day, my brother headed back down the shore around 3:30. I reminded him to call me when he reached home so that I would know that he had safely arrived, but by 5:30 I still hadn't heard from him. Now two hours later, I frantically called his cell, with no answer, so I decided to call his daughter [they weren't at home, but were at a friends' home, 15-20 min away]. My niece said that she'd try to contact him and call me back. Well, she did, around 10 minutes later, and had also called another friend to stop by their house to see if her car was in the driveway, but of course, it wasn't. I tried several times, to no avail, when my niece called be back, hysterically crying; they'd called the State Troopers - he'd been cut off in the center lane on the Parkway and, to avoid hitting the jerk, he stepped on the brake and swerved, flipping over 4 times! Other cars that had seen it, pulled over and called 911; he was rushed to the hospital. Ironically, it was the one that he'd just spent 60 days at, but it's also a trauma center. I told her that I'd meet her there, and off my DH and I dashed. However, moments before we were getting onto the NJTurnpike, my brother called me. He was at X-Ray and was also getting a CAT-SCAN, so he didn't call me, but assured me that he wasn't too bad (THANK GOD FOR SEATBELTS!), but was in some pain and that he thought that maybe he had a broken rib of two. Well, he assured us that the hospital was keeping him overnight for observation, so hat we didn't have to go all the way down the shore, and my niece and her mom had just arrived at the emergency room. I really felt bad for my niece for, not only being scared out of her wits, but she paid for that car all by herself, with her hard-earned money [they had to cut off the roof to extract my brother]. The happy ending is that he is alive, but really, how much more bad luck can he take? I sure hope that 2013 is a wonderful year for him....
Prayers for your brother!
__________________


DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #1241
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 88,062

....I talked to him on the phone yesterday. His knee is pretty messed up, but strangely enough, he didn't hit his head on ANYTHING, or did he get a bump or scratch on it....he may need surgery on his knee though....he also said that a lot of cars stopped and pulled over right away; the first one at the Jeep was an EMT person, who had grabbed a blanket. He told my brother that he was gonna put it over him so that no one would see him [read between the lines] and couldn't believe that my brother was alive! That seat belt surely saved his life.
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #1242
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,238

Kim, I don't know what to say other than I'm so glad it wasn't worse. Prayers for your whole family.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #1243
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 88,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Kim, I don't know what to say other than I'm so glad it wasn't worse...
....it was so scary, because we had no idea of his condition. Not until he called me on his cell and I got to hear his voice, could I not imagine the WORSE...and you must remember, even seemingly 'not life-threatening' injuries are ALWAYS amplified when the patient/victim has diabetes...
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #1244
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,347

Hi, everyone! We are back from a wonderful family Christmas at WDW!!

Kimmar - I am so sorry to hear about the crash. I am so glad to hear your brother wasn't severely injured. Thank God he was wearing his seatbelt.

I think if we all think positive thoughts (and send a few prayers his way! ), your brother's luck will change and 2013 will be a GREAT year for him!

So here's too a happy & healthy 2013 for Kimmar's bro -- Here's some pixie dust to get it started:

__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #1245
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 88,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Hi, everyone! We are back from a wonderful family Christmas at WDW!!

Kimmar - I am so sorry to hear about the crash. I am so glad to hear your brother wasn't severely injured. Thank God he was wearing his seatbelt.

I think if we all think positive thoughts (and send a few prayers his way! ), your brother's luck will change and 2013 will be a GREAT year for him!

So here's too a happy & healthy 2013 for Kimmar's bro -- Here's some pixie dust to get it started:

...thanks....that seatbelt really saved his life - the EMT said that he should not have survived and that he probably would have been thrown from the Jeep...
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.