Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #1171
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Afternoon everyone!! Just popping in to say HI!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

** Alison, TXH again!!

** Kim, beautiful link - thanks!!

Hugs to all my friends!
. July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #1172
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Hey Paula! Just getting back to you over here! Fran is Ok but not great, don't know how much of our stuff you're up on but her wounds are sort of limboizing. Her actemera seems to inhibit healing. Yesterday they changed her treatment. Now she is getting something called MediHoney instead of Hydrophera Blue. This requires a daily cleaning and change as opposed to every other day. The good thing is that since I have womaned up to be able to do the dressing changes, we don't have to sit around the house waiting for home health nurses to show up. The bad part is I have to do the dressing changes.

At least this means that we can go visit my parents for Christmas this year. We had to have them come down come all of a sudden two years ago, and last year at Thanksgiving we had to pull the same card. I don't remember the last time I was at their house and now they have to put it on the market because they can't afford to live there any more.
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #1173
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj
Hey Paula! Just getting back to you over here! Fran is Ok but not great, don't know how much of our stuff you're up on but her wounds are sort of limboizing. Her actemera seems to inhibit healing. Yesterday they changed her treatment. Now she is getting something called MediHoney instead of Hydrophera Blue. This requires a daily cleaning and change as opposed to every other day. The good thing is that since I have womaned up to be able to do the dressing changes, we don't have to sit around the house waiting for home health nurses to show up. The bad part is I have to do the dressing changes.

At least this means that we can go visit my parents for Christmas this year. We had to have them come down come all of a sudden two years ago, and last year at Thanksgiving we had to pull the same card. I don't remember the last time I was at their house and now they have to put it on the market because they can't afford to live there any more.
Hi thanks for your post. Pleased to hear you can go visit your parents. I am close to my parents also so I know how much that would mean. My parents love my Jo like another daughter so we are lucky we dont get on quite as well with her parents. They are just about to legalise same sex marriage here yippee! 6 years ago they legalised civil partnership which Jo and I did which gives us all the rights of married couples ( next of kin, pension etc ) but its not marriage so finally I get to call her my wife! As she is my carer like you are to Fran you can imagine how much this means to us. Do you have this in your State?

I read your trip report a while go about your cruise and that Fran was not too well I hope it all worked out in the end. The changes of bandages must be difficult I hope you get the right support. You sound like a lovely couple would love to meet one day. We come to WDW at least once a year from the UK usually stay at our home resort SSR but this time trying AKV because we love the look of it. We often cruise on the Dream and next year we are doing 4 nights in September :-) this works for us with my health.

Have a great day and give our love to Fran. Hope she feels better soon. Paula & Jo xx
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #1174
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

...hey, my brother's 'wife' (I say it like this because, well - long story) had to remove the sponge in my brother's wound and redress it with a wet bandage, followed by a dry bandage. There was a malfunction with that darned wound vac, so, if she didn't do it, he would have wound up in the hospital again...and on a light note, take a gander at my updated post count....WOOHOO!!!
. July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."

Last edited by kimmar067; 12-20-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #1175
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Hi everyone.... I miss you guys so much, hopefully things will slow down here and I can get back on the DIS...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 12-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #1176
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

...okie-dokey.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #1177
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hi thanks for your post. Pleased to hear you can go visit your parents. I am close to my parents also so I know how much that would mean. My parents love my Jo like another daughter so we are lucky we dont get on quite as well with her parents. They are just about to legalise same sex marriage here yippee! 6 years ago they legalised civil partnership which Jo and I did which gives us all the rights of married couples ( next of kin, pension etc ) but its not marriage so finally I get to call her my wife! As she is my carer like you are to Fran you can imagine how much this means to us. Do you have this in your State?

I read your trip report a while go about your cruise and that Fran was not too well I hope it all worked out in the end. The changes of bandages must be difficult I hope you get the right support. You sound like a lovely couple would love to meet one day. We come to WDW at least once a year from the UK usually stay at our home resort SSR but this time trying AKV because we love the look of it. We often cruise on the Dream and next year we are doing 4 nights in September :-) this works for us with my health.

Have a great day and give our love to Fran. Hope she feels better soon. Paula & Jo xx
We had same sex marriage in our state for the blink of an eye. Then it was overturned by the H8ers (Proposition 8), it went for court review and they said it was unconstitutional. Now the Supreme Court is willing to take on the case, so it could be groundbreaking or heartbreaking depending on the outcome. We did get married in the short time it was legal.

We haven't been to WDW in quite some time, but we are going next month. Also if I remember correctly our planned days this Fall overlap with you and Jo for a couple days. If so, we should plan to meet up. The cruise went well enough that we have another booked for April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...hey, my brother's 'wife' (I say it like this because, well - long story) had to remove the sponge in my brother's wound and redress it with a wet bandage, followed by a dry bandage. There was a malfunction with that darned wound vac, so, if she didn't do it, he would have wound up in the hospital again...and on a light note, take a gander at my updated post count....WOOHOO!!!
I know all about that. The weekend before we were supposed to go to WDW in May, Fran's wound vac went offline for over 24 hours on a weekend. She had been dropped by the home health care agency so we had to find an emergency nurse. She didn't know that you can only pack the wound with a sponge if the wound vac is operating, so she repacked the wound and it became infected by the time we got back to the Doctor's office Monday. Luckily it was only a light infection in the wound and nothing more serious.

BTW, is his wound vac through KCI? Does he need any additional wound vac supplies? We have quite a few of the chambers, and even more of the sponge dressings with the vacuum tube. If you want to PM me your address, I would be happy to ship them to you. They are all sealed, but we opened the boxes that they came in and they would only take back unopened boxes. We have a bunch of supplies just sitting around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Hi everyone.... I miss you guys so much, hopefully things will slow down here and I can get back on the DIS...
I hope things calm down soon!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #1178
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I know all about that. The weekend before we were supposed to go to WDW in May, Fran's wound vac went offline for over 24 hours on a weekend. She had been dropped by the home health care agency so we had to find an emergency nurse. She didn't know that you can only pack the wound with a sponge if the wound vac is operating, so she repacked the wound and it became infected by the time we got back to the Doctor's office Monday. Luckily it was only a light infection in the wound and nothing more serious.

BTW, is his wound vac through KCI? Does he need any additional wound vac supplies? We have quite a few of the chambers, and even more of the sponge dressings with the vacuum tube. If you want to PM me your address, I would be happy to ship them to you. They are all sealed, but we opened the boxes that they came in and they would only take back unopened boxes. We have a bunch of supplies just sitting around.
....wow, that's awfully nice of you! I should be hearing from my brother tomorrow. If things work out, he may be able to come visit for the Christmas Holiday!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #1179
AspiringCindy
Craved Spam.....the unidentified meat, but ONLY during pregnancy. And PLEASE don't mention the "E" word!!!!
WL VET

LOVED the Pittsburgh trip report...didn't know that you had taken so many photos!
Glad you had a good time!
Now we have to hit University of Tampa..."what you do for one...you must do for the other!"
July1999-WL
May2000-DisneyMagic
May2000-ASMu
July/Aug2002-WL
Aug2004-Poly GVC
Aug2004-HRH
Nov2005-DisneyWonder
Nov2005-POR
July2006-GC-1st DLvisit
Aug.2008-ASMu Fam. Suite
July2012-Disneyland
July2013-Disneyland Paris

Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #1180
franandaj

Quote:
....wow, that's awfully nice of you! I should be hearing from my brother tomorrow. If things work out, he may be able to come visit for the Christmas Holiday!
Just let me know if he can use them. Fran can't tolerate the wound vac and no doctor's office can't take them, but they are perfectly good and in their sterlie packaging.

Last edited by franandaj; 12-21-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #1181
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

We had same sex marriage in our state for the blink of an eye. Then it was overturned by the H8ers (Proposition 8), it went for court review and they said it was unconstitutional. Now the Supreme Court is willing to take on the case, so it could be groundbreaking or heartbreaking depending on the outcome. We did get married in the short time it was legal.

We haven't been to WDW in quite some time, but we are going next month. Also if I remember correctly our planned days this Fall overlap with you and Jo for a couple days. If so, we should plan to meet up. The cruise went well enough that we have another booked for April.

I hope things calm down soon!
Oh no re overturning it grrr we remember reading about that. I hope it changes again soon. That would be great re meeting up! Our dates are 19th Sep - 3rd Oct ( cruising 22nd - 29th sep ) let us know if this works. Great re cruise! Which one you doing in April?
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #1182
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Oh my, I'm glad she was able to.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #1183
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
We'll be here I can't remember if you left last Sunday or are going this Sunday?

It's the season for being busy. I'm working the next three days so am trying to wrap everything today. Why oh why do I always leave wrapping to the last minute...

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #1184
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
We'll be here I can't remember if you left last Sunday or are going this Sunday?

It's the season for being busy. I'm working the next three days so am trying to wrap everything today. Why oh why do I always leave wrapping to the last minute...
tomorrow!!!!!!!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1185
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is well and not tooo crazy getting ready for Christmas - it's been hectic, but, in a good way!! We just found out yesterday that our newest addition is going to be a girl........... YAY - another princess!!!

Kim, glad to hear your brother is doing well enough to maybe come home for a visit - that's awsome!!! HUGS

Alison, hugs to you and Fran, I hope she's feeling better!!! and, Thanks again for your offer to help Perry - I appreciate it.

Brandi - be safe on the trip tomorrow, I know you are excited to see the kids!!

Laura - LOVE your pic - have a wonderful time!!

Elin - glad all your recitals are done!!

Pam - Hey - did I miss any pics you posted?? I don't recall seeing them? If I missed them, I'm sorry!! HUGS!!

Everyone else - HUGS to you all, have a great weekend - I'll try to post again before Christmas - but, if not I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!!!

Found some pics from one of our trips to the world over xmas - shared them on the other thread, so, thought I'd post here - I can hardly wait to get back, 48 more days!!!!

** Pics I found of us - Christmas at Kidani & AKL!!!

Last edited by wendypooh; 12-22-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: