Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #241
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....well, honey, you need to 'Subscribe'!

Done!

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #242
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

.....page 17 ALREADY??!?!?! And they call ME chatty....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #243
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Corrinna - congrats on another year of marriage and more cruise things taken care of.

Wendy - I just LOVE babies and am so glad you got a chance to see your precious grandson. Oh, and his parents too.

When y'all figure out how to tactfully send questioners to the "real" FAQ thread, let me know!

For those of you who cannot be here, Laura and I are doing our darnedest to fulfill all your dreams and wishes. We did a spur of the moment wine seminar, tried the drinking chocolate, visited the Chase Lounge, tried to shop for Brandi, had a margarita at La Cava and had dinner and drinks awith Bob at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club. This morning we are headed to AK and lunch at Yak & Yeti. Don't know what else we will accomplish, but I am hoping for more F & W noshing later too.

Have great days, Js & Ks!
Thanks, we had a great time!!! It sounds like you guys are having a blast - SOOOO wish we were there!!!! Have fun!! Bon Appetite!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Good Morning Js &Ks!

In a few hours, we'll pack the van and head on down to WDW.

Elin - Glad you're enjoying all that good food and drink.

Wendy - Glad you had an amazing visit with your little man.
Thanks - have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Elin sounds like you're having great fun!

Wendy, everything I've heard about island hopping is that it's very expensive. Almost easier to take an inter island cruise so you don't have to worry about hotels. Glad you had a wonderful visit
Pam, I'm looking into it now that you mentioned it. Can you recommend a certain one? and Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
We have been asked by the mods to keep specific questions regarding AKL/AKV to this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....61001&page=185

While we hate to "redirect" you, the mods have made it clear that this is the way they prefer things. But don't worry....most of us participate over in the FAQ thread, too...and we'd be more than happy to answer ANY questions you have, "over there".

Perfect!!!

Quote:

How is your DS by the way?? I hope he's well!!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #244
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Glad you made it over here Wendy!

I haven't even looked into the cost of inter island flights. It will be a while before we go to Hawaii, I can tell that now.

Today we have a meeting with our contractor and architect, we'll see how doable this addition is going to be.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #245
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
You can tell from your post count that you are chatty... Should we change your name to Cathy?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise

Last edited by dgbg100106; 10-10-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #246
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Wendy when we were there we do a cruise around the islands, and the time before that we took aloha air between island... Not sure how those rank up there in cost but j use what we did..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #247
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
You can tell from your post **** that you are chatty... Should we change your name to Cathy?
it took me a while to figure out what you typed for it to get blocked and I knew what you meant to say so when I figured it out I was all
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #248
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Morning Js and Ks!

If I hadn't cancelled my trip, right now we would be sitting on the plane getting ready to take off. However, it was the right decision. I just hope things improve soon. I really want to visit the lodge in January!
I know this is late but I wanted to say I'm glad things worked out for the best. I'm so glad you have the cruise coming up soon

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #249
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Good Morning Js &Ks!

In a few hours, we'll pack the van and head on down to WDW.
Hope you have arrived safe and sound!

Quote:
We have been asked by the mods to keep specific questions regarding AKL/AKV to this thread:

While we hate to "redirect" you, the mods have made it clear that this is the way they prefer things. But don't worry....most of us participate over in the FAQ thread, too...and we'd be more than happy to answer ANY questions you have, "over there".
Very well said, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoAurora View Post
Wow! Sounds like y'all are having lots of fun for us! Thanks!

Ooh! I need to bring back a bottle of wine for my house sitters. Did you try any really good wines that you'd recommend I look at when I'm at F&W?

Have a safe trip down and enjoy your time at the world! Do try and leave a little food and wine for us. We head down in just over a week.
There is plenty of food and wine left. And, I have not had a wine yet that I would take home. Prices are also a bit steep for some of them, imho.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #250
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I know this is late but I wanted to say I'm glad things worked out for the best. I'm so glad you have the cruise coming up soon
Thanks, I would have been really upset if I missed the event next week, so it for the better. Fran's spirits have improved for whatever reason. I'm not sure if it's that we are considering buying a house, or doing a massive add on to her FIL's old place, but she's actually getting out and doing things again. I guess the "I'm not going to sit around waiting to get better" attitude really has licked in

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #251
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Glad you made it over here Wendy!

I haven't even looked into the cost of inter island flights. It will be a while before we go to Hawaii, I can tell that now.

Today we have a meeting with our contractor and architect, we'll see how doable this addition is going to be.
-- good luck! We looked at flights from Oahu to Hawaii and it was $157 EACH - and it only gave us like 3 hours............ DH said NO WAY!!

Quote:
Wendy when we were there we do a cruise around the islands, and the time before that we took aloha air between island... Not sure how those rank up there in cost but j use what we did..
Yeah, we're gonna look at the cruises - it's got be a little cheaper!! Did you guys stay on the other islands? We were thinking of at least spending one night on the one's we visit.

Quote:
Thanks, I would have been really upset if I missed the event next week, so it for the better. Fran's spirits have improved for whatever reason. I'm not sure if it's that we are considering buying a house, or doing a massive add on to her FIL's old place, but she's actually getting out and doing things again. I guess the "I'm not going to sit around waiting to get better" attitude really has licked in
Glad to hear she's up and about and feeling better!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #252
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

So we can talk about anything here?

I wonder if that lady ratted us out. The one that said she couldn't find any info then never came back when we tried to help her.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #253
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post

I wonder if that lady ratted us out. The one that said she couldn't find any info then never came back when we tried to help her.
That's what I think too. Get a life! Or is it us that need to?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #254
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Good morning, Brandi! Any guess as to when we might get our old tags back?! I'm getting a little tired of mine!!!
I still like mine

Quote:
You know the Boo Boo was not so bad, until I was told where they came from... I am so glad I have never seen that show...
Really now you ruined it for me. I watched that show once and couldn't believe I was really watching it. That was an hour I will never get back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js and Ks!

I read all your posts but I am using my Nook and it is slow going. No quoting and memory of what y'all covered in the past 8 pages is sparse!

I seem to have done something to my left ankle in the past 24 hours... it hurts like the devil. So we walked over to Epcot and went in as far as Canada and left. It is HOT here (30 degrees hotter than at home) and the crowds were substantial. We did manage to get the following: Cheese Soup & the Mushroom Filet (Canada), Griddled Cheese (Greece), Fisherman's Pie & Lava Cake (Ireland).
We just came home on Monday and I couldn't believe how HOT is was. We were just there this summer and it felt hotter this weekend than it did in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Evening J's & K's - hope everyone is well. Finally found us!!! LOL

Well, we had an amazing time with the little man, it was complete torture having to leave.................. but, he's getting SO big, he has one little tooth sticking up and he's just the sweetest baby ever!!! I miss them all so much -

So glad you got to spend some time with you little man.

Quote:

Quote:
I need to get a life because I actually looked to see if she posted in the other AKL Thread and she never did. I think she was just stirring up trouble.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #255
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
That is very good news!

Quote:
Quote:
I like the one I have clawed out here. ... and we can talk about anything (except maybe religion and politics. And smoking. I think those are banned subjects. Oh, and any company that competes with a DIS advertiser.)

Quote:
We just came home on Monday and I couldn't believe how HOT is was. We were just there this summer and it felt hotter this weekend than it did in July.
I agree that the heat has been brutal. I think a front came through last night because the humidity is not so smothering. I am hoping it stays that way for the next four days!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: