Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #1951
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

Planning vacations is a stressful business. I am about 75% sure that we will do the Eastbound Panama Canal cruise on the Disney Wonder in September. Today I cancelled my vacation time in October and moved it to September. I could not believe it. The second and third day was not available to book leave for. Everything else was. I mentioned this to a co-worker and she told me that she thought she may have those days booked at the moment, but has no plans. So she kindly released them for me and now I have all the leave I need for this. The next spanner in the works came when I got home. Today was the 7 months mark to book the two pre-cruise nights at VGC, but there are no studios available. I have waitlisted the two nights and I can always make other arrangements nearer the time. I am absolutely convinced that this is meant to happen.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #1952
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!

I really want to book that singe night at AKL for our November trip. But I am hoping there could be a discount out there one of these days. If memory serves me correctly, CL rooms are not usually included in general public discounts, right? I think if there was a discount for a savanna room I would book it instead of CL simply because of the savings. $500+ for one night is just a little rich for my blood these days!!
My first trip to AKL I was able to do CL only because it had a deal. I think it was $350 per night. That was in January though, not sure what discounts they do in November.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #1953
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Planning vacations is a stressful business. I am about 75% sure that we will do the Eastbound Panama Canal cruise on the Disney Wonder in September. Today I cancelled my vacation time in October and moved it to September. I could not believe it. The second and third day was not available to book leave for. Everything else was. I mentioned this to a co-worker and she told me that she thought she may have those days booked at the moment, but has no plans. So she kindly released them for me and now I have all the leave I need for this. The next spanner in the works came when I got home. Today was the 7 months mark to book the two pre-cruise nights at VGC, but there are no studios available. I have waitlisted the two nights and I can always make other arrangements nearer the time. I am absolutely convinced that this is meant to happen.

Corinna
Wow! How wonderful she was so nice! I can't quite remember what you had planned for October.

Did you see the itineraries for 2014? The WBTA is what I'm really leaning towards if the price isn't too bad.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #1954
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 90,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Planning vacations is a stressful business. I am about 75% sure that we will do the Eastbound Panama Canal cruise on the Disney Wonder in September. Today I cancelled my vacation time in October and moved it to September......

Corinna
...you must be doing something wrong.
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #1955
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,506

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Have you ever tried doing a search and saving it on your Disney profile without booking? Someone told me that increases your chance of getting a pin code. Not sure if it really works, but I guess it couldn't hurt.
We have had many pin codes over the years... just nothing that would work for us now. No one really knows HOW they choose people to send pin codes too, unfortunately.
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #1956
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy
 
TruBlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE

We have had many pin codes over the years... just nothing that would work for us now. No one really knows HOW they choose people to send pin codes too, unfortunately.
I've only used one once, but that was for free dining at AKL.
I don't know why I got the pin, but I did have a trip search saved at the time. It's part of the mystery of WDW, I guess.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
2006-CSR 2007-POP, SSR 2008, 2009-POFQ 2010-Christmas with Mickey at AKL 2013-AKL
Me (Tracey) DH DS13 DS11


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow





TruBlu is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 AM   #1957
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,797

Me & DW belong to DVC but we have used all our points this year. We wanted to book one night for my birthday at AKV in a dvc studio not hotel room does anyone know if you can book DVC villa room direct with disney and pay cash or do you always get a hotel room? We need a kitchen and studio room. I tried renting points but nobody wants to rent points for just one night. We do have a room already booked as we are staying at our home resort of SSR but we want to keep that room as with all my disabled stuff it takes ages to pack and unpack so we just wanted to take a bag check into AKV for my birthday and go back. I fancied a savannah room looking at the animals as due to ill health I probably wont be up for much more but it would be a lovely treat!

Any advice on how to do this? Would need about 18 points or to pay disney direct with cash

Tia
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #1958
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Me & DW belong to DVC but we have used all our points this year. We wanted to book one night for my birthday at AKV in a dvc studio not hotel room does anyone know if you can book DVC villa room direct with disney and pay cash or do you always get a hotel room? We need a kitchen and studio room. I tried renting points but nobody wants to rent points for just one night. We do have a room already booked as we are staying at our home resort of SSR but we want to keep that room as with all my disabled stuff it takes ages to pack and unpack so we just wanted to take a bag check into AKV for my birthday and go back. I fancied a savannah room looking at the animals as due to ill health I probably wont be up for much more but it would be a lovely treat!

Any advice on how to do this? Would need about 18 points or to pay disney direct with cash

Tia
You can do a cash reservation through DVC, I think you even get a discount on the normal room rate. Just call Member Services. You can also buy "one time use points" which are exactly for scenarios like yours - in effect that means that you are renting points from Disney in order to book your DVC accommodations.

But you can also just go to the normal Disney website and search for Deluxe villa rooms at AKV. I think that would be the most expensive way.
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #1959
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna

You can do a cash reservation through DVC, I think you even get a discount on the normal room rate. Just call Member Services. You can also buy "one time use points" which are exactly for scenarios like yours - in effect that means that you are renting points from Disney in order to book your DVC accommodations.

But you can also just go to the normal Disney website and search for Deluxe villa rooms at AKV. I think that would be the most expensive way.
How useful thank you. One time use points sounds interesting. I will ask MS which is the cheaper option thanks very much!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #1960
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,506

Good morning, Js & Ks!
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #1961
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
How useful thank you. One time use points sounds interesting. I will ask MS which is the cheaper option thanks very much!
The last time I used the points purchase (I think 24 is the max?), they cost $15 each.

The time we booked a studio through DVC on cash, we got a 25% discount on the room rate-- not sure if that's the norm or not.

Let us know what works out for you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!
Good morning!


It took me 10 years and one month, but I finally hit 10,000!!!!!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #1962
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
It took me 10 years and one month, but I finally hit 10,000!!!!!


10.000 looks so impressive! I think if I ever reach that point, I will be afraid to post again because it is such a nice number to have under one's username!

Laura, I also meant to ask you about your dates for your spring trip. I might be there at the same time - without Katharina though - and it would be lovely to see you again!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #1963
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post


10.000 looks so impressive! I think if I ever reach that point, I will be afraid to post again because it is such a nice number to have under one's username!

Laura, I also meant to ask you about your dates for your spring trip. I might be there at the same time - without Katharina though - and it would be lovely to see you again!
Thanks! Sent you a PM.
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #1964
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 90,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We have had many pin codes over the years... just nothing that would work for us now. No one really knows HOW they choose people to send pin codes too, unfortunately.
....wish I'D get a PIN code....haven't gotten one in YEARS. [...at least 7 or 8, actually...years, that is.]
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #1965
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....wish I'D get a PIN code....haven't gotten one in YEARS. [...at least 7 or 8, actually...years, that is.]
It used to be that one of the ways to trick the system to send you a pin was to log into the website, price out some packages and then "save" those to your account and then log out again. I think it also might work better if you create a new account with another email address.
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.