Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #1666
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Pam, the CM said the antelope was getting over the wire barrier and running into the windows.

It was getting dark when we sat down, but I'm pretty sure there was a rail fence put up so that the antelope couldn't get over the wire barrier.
Poor antelope!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #1667
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Poor antelope!
....wow. Those zebra domes are THAT good.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #1668
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

7 more days!!! WHOOOOP WHOOP - YES, I'm a little excited!!! I'm BEYOND ready to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Hopefully long enough!

I have a food coma and am about to take a jacuzzi tub. We saw girafffe, Okapi, zebras and cattle when we were heading to our room. I was so tired, I called the giraffe zebras!

-- hope you guys are having a good time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Hello everyone....

Wish I was waking up in AKV in the CL enjoying my day ahead!
ONE week and I will be at BLT - looking out at the castle - getting that little feeling in the pit of my stomach!!! AHHHGGG - I'm crazy like a little kid, it still gets me so excited!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 PM   #1669
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
7 more days!!! WHOOOOP WHOOP - YES, I'm a little excited!!! I'm BEYOND ready to go!!

ONE week and I will be at BLT - looking out at the castle - getting that little feeling in the pit of my stomach!!! AHHHGGG - I'm crazy like a little kid, it still gets me so excited!!!
I'm excited for you!!!!!

I don't think I'd be able to sleep!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 01-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #1670
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I'm excited for you!!!!!

I don't think I'd be able to sleep!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!
Oh my gosh, I already can't sleep, it's nuts!! LOL - I think it's because it's our first time at BLT - and we're excited about that. We went over and toured it on the last trip and it's gorgeous, DS fell in love with it............ he's excited about being on the monorail, seeing the fireworks from the room AND top of the world - it's gonna be great - then for the last few days we move over to our beloved Kidani - we all neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this vaca - and we're all really looking forward to it, plus our good friends are going too, so we get to spend some time with them, which will be wonderful.

BUT, I plan on tons of pics!!! So, be ready!!! LOL (OH and this is NOT a promise - but maybe a nice surprise, if he can get it to work out - DS is gonna try a live feed from BLT!!! - but, shhhhhh - I'm only gonna share the link with Jambo/Kidani peeps - IF he can do it!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #1671
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh

Oh my gosh, I already can't sleep, it's nuts!! LOL - I think it's because it's our first time at BLT - and we're excited about that. We went over and toured it on the last trip and it's gorgeous, DS fell in love with it............ he's excited about being on the monorail, seeing the fireworks from the room AND top of the world - it's gonna be great - then for the last few days we move over to our beloved Kidani - we all neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this vaca - and we're all really looking forward to it, plus our good friends are going too, so we get to spend some time with them, which will be wonderful.

BUT, I plan on tons of pics!!! So, be ready!!! LOL (OH and this is NOT a promise - but maybe a nice surprise, if he can get it to work out - DS is gonna try a live feed from BLT!!! - but, shhhhhh - I'm only gonna share the link with Jambo/Kidani peeps - IF he can do it!!
Very cool!!!!
Are you on Facebook? We did a secret January group over there & it was really fun sharing pictures.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #1672
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Yay for you, Wendy! Sounds like you will have the best of both!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #1673
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post

Wendy, wishing you a magical trip! I love the atmosphere at BLT!! Then, what a great way to wrap up the trip -- at AKV!!

I hope the live feed works -- that will be so kewl!!

I leave tomorrow. I will try to check in here but no pictures (until I'm back home) and no live feed. My electronics are from the last century!!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #1674
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Only 8 days to go!

Our countdown's gone so fast.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Old 02-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #1675
pattilee08
Earning My Ears

One bit of advice when requesting savannah rooms. We are renting points and have a savannah Arusha view room but we requested to be on the side by the pool area and Mara but its also the side that doesn't get morning sun or rarely see animals. I'm very sad that we hadn't just stayed on the other side of Arusha and also wish we had a lower floor. The villas are located on the 5th and 6th floors and unfortunately the tree tips block a lot of the view. I think I would request either sunset savannah next time it go to Kidanni. We were at beach club for 7 nights and only 3 nights here or I would of requested to change rooms. The rooms however are beautiful, more spacious then the beach club and our bed and linens also are better here! Just wanted to throw that bit if advice up.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #1676
TruBlu

That is similar to what I noticed at AKL. We were in a 2 Queens room with a Sunset Savannah view (4268). There never seemed to be many animals out there early in the morning. I would always see a few - even a zebra fight that was AWESOME!!!! But, it seems like they prep that area around 8ish in the morning & we had morning shade. We could see Kidani from our balcony & the animals tended to hang out over there in the sunshine early in the morning.

I bet it is the opposite in the summer heat. I bet they hang out in the shade, but that's just a guess.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #1677
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, Js & Ks!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #1678
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

hi everybody!!!!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #1679
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
what are they having you do this trip?
training, training, and more training....

But I am home...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #1680
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Wendy, wishing you a magical trip! I love the atmosphere at BLT!! Then, what a great way to wrap up the trip -- at AKV!!

I hope the live feed works -- that will be so kewl!!

I leave tomorrow. I will try to check in here but no pictures (until I'm back home) and no live feed. My electronics are from the last century!!
Have a wonderful trip!

2013 Cruising adventures
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: