Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #61
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

FWIW we ate and shopped at Beach Club on our trip 9/27-10/7 and found the big, beautiful rugs in the lobby covered in big, deep, stains all over. I was surprised and said to DH that they must be due for a deep cleaning any day. I think the resort is just showing some signs of wear and tear in its age. I can't speak to the housekeeping. I would be really grossed out to find that stuff to be perfectly honest.

We've never stayed dvc but have stayed Deluxe, CL, value and mod. We just got back from 10 nights-1 quick sleep at Sports, 7 nights at CSR, and 2 nights at AKL. So three check ins. I inspect each and every room we check into (and i pack lysol wipes in a ziploc lol), and all three rooms were in excellent condition. Thank goodness. If we found a dirty room I would have taken pictures, walked out and returned to the front desk. I guess the lesson learned is no matter how tired we or our kiddos are, we have to check the room before settling in.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #62
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom
I stayed at BC for the first time April 2012. Although I loved the location of our room, 3rd floor, corner room ( huge huge balcony) very easy access to Epcot. I definitely had things broken/dirty in my room.. Most days we put the do not disturb sign on our door, especially if we were going to the pool. Then when we knew we would b leaving for a long period of time we would take it off. More times than not, this back-fired on us as 3 out of the 7 nights we were there our room was never cleaned.
That being said, I feel so lucky to b able to fake my family to Disney that I try not to complain about what I call the small stuff..
I loved SAb, but I think I think if I had the money again I would try the yacht club..
For next time, at any wdw resort even values, we press the housekeeping button every day and let them know when is best for service. It works beautifully for us :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #63
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
FWIW we ate and shopped at Beach Club on our trip 9/27-10/7 and found the big, beautiful rugs in the lobby covered in big, deep, stains all over. I was surprised and said to DH that they must be due for a deep cleaning any day. I think the resort is just showing some signs of wear and tear in its age. I can't speak to the housekeeping. I would be really grossed out to find that stuff to be perfectly honest.

We've never stayed dvc but have stayed Deluxe, CL, value and mod. We just got back from 10 nights-1 quick sleep at Sports, 7 nights at CSR, and 2 nights at AKL. So three check ins. I inspect each and every room we check into (and i pack lysol wipes in a ziploc lol), and all three rooms were in excellent condition. Thank goodness. If we found a dirty room I would have taken pictures, walked out and returned to the front desk. I guess the lesson learned is no matter how tired we or our kiddos are, we have to check the room before settling in.
Thebig rug in the lobby is deep cleaned every week but is covered with stains that will not come out. It is being replaced. It will be gone within a month.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #64
labattblue
DIS Veteran

Maybe it's time for a visit from "Hotel Impossible".
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #65
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyroo View Post
So does anyone have any stories of CLEAN rooms at BC?? I'm getting worried since we're staying there in December!!
Hi Rustyroo! I posted those photos on page two from our stay last week so that readers could get a sense for our very positive experience. I'm very particular about hotels and cleanliness and I was very pleased with our room. We've stayed at BC multiple times over the past 20+ years. Recently, we've been staying at BC/YC twice per year. I understand that guests can run into trouble with housekeeping anywhere, including BC, but we've never encountered these issues.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #66
BackstoryWorthy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi Rustyroo! I posted those photos on page two from our stay last week so that readers could get a sense for our very positive experience. I'm very particular about hotels and cleanliness and I was very pleased with our room. We've stayed at BC multiple times over the past 20+ years. Recently, we've been staying at BC/YC twice per year. I understand that guests can run into trouble with housekeeping anywhere, including BC, but we've never encountered these issues.
Whew, that is good to hear. I have to admit I was getting a bit worried reading the more current reports of poor cleanliness/runaround with communications to those who can correct such situations. Our upcoming trip is a "last WDW trip for a long time" entire (3 gen) family vacation. Had our hearts set on the BC and we are hoping for the best.
BackstoryWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #67
Rustyroo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

Thanks for the reassurance (from all of you who spoke up about it not being a problem). I would of course get things corrected while there, and I hold Disney in the highest regard in the hospitality industry, so I would expect nothing but the best from them if something isn't right. Sounds like they've had a slip or two, but correct course quickly. As I said, we had a problem, dealt with it for a night or two, then complained and got moved. Hoping for a return visit this year without incident, because I think it will be a while before we come back due to finances. Sounds like it should be smooth sailing...
Rustyroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: