Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
ms1031
DIS Veteran

Room 3520 - 3rd floor close to Epcot. Room was fairly clean. Worn, but ok. The shower curtain was a worn out white one with no liner. The room is supposed to have the curtain that matches the wallpaper. Overall, room alright.

The Garden View is that of some trees that are far from what I would call a "garden". They are basically blah and covered in vines and kudzu. A Standard View would have been prettier.

We decided that being on the far end of the resort was, while quite easy to access Epcot, it was just too far from all of the other transportation and resort ammenities. We were moved after our 2nd night down to room 1596. This room is the 3rd closest room to the Marketplace, and WOW, a so much better location.

But, the toilet was nasty. It was very obvious that it hadn't been cleaned. There was hair in the tub and in one of the sinks. The 3rd dresser drawer down from the top, was broken. The slide for it was actually laying inside the drawer. This kept us from being able to use 2 of the dresser drawers. because we couldn't even open the drawer below the broken one. The furniture was nicked, paint chipped, and worn looking. There was a hair dryer on the lower sink shelf, instead of one being mounted on the wall. The wall mount was still there, a bit unsightly, but whatever. The patio table had purple sticky stuff on it.

The toilet was cleaned within the hour.

On the 2nd day, I took the slide from inside the drawer, propped it to where it was hanging outside the drawer, and left the drawer half open. We made a total of 4 requests for it to be fixed. 3rd day, they finally repaired it. by then, we no longer needed the extra drawer space.

The corridor carpet is in need of replacement. There are stains, bleached out spots, it's slightly buckled in areas instead of laying flat, etc.

Our expectations of a deluxe stay were not met, and I honestly don't think we expected too much.

To top it off, our last 2 days were when the reservation system was getting its IT overhaul, and we were left in the dark as to how many dining credits we had remaining and had to deal with some places even saying we had to pay out of pocket, while a kiosk not 50 feet away would charge to our room or dining plan without issue. No rhyme or reason whatsoever.

Can't say we will be booking any more stays at the Beach Club.
ms1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #32
padawans
DIS Veteran

It seems a lot of people had issues with housekeeping over the last month including myself. Hopefully BC resolves this issue. As far as the hallways and common areas it's obvious they are in need of a refurb. This was my assessment a year ago when I stayed at the BC, and it hasn't changed. It wasn't just that the hallways were worn they were obviously not vaccummed on a daily basis. I'm not sure thely were vaccummed the whole week we were there. Lots of sand and crumbs and other things along the hallways. I think it shocks people when they are paying 400+ a night, and the resorts are not taken care of. We also stayed at Wl lodge and CSR on this trip. No issues at all with those resorts they were much cleaner and better maintained.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #33
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
So how does a person posting a room number and pictures here of a dirty room to shame WDW into cleaning that room then go about getting informed the issue was resolved to their satisfaction so all such evidence of a (likely temporary) aberration doesn't then remain a permanent reference here?

Bad idea. Resolve the issue while it's happening.
You do deal with it there and then and if you get to the point where you had enough issues (for example two rooms in a row that were dirty or in my case hand prints on the bathroom walls printed in feces - don't know how they missed that...) you should write a letter and also post it to the internet supports your letter. If you just complain and let it go, it will get fixed for you at that time but who is to say that housekeeper isn't on again next week and does the same thing again and again. Posting it to the web pushes the upper management into looking into it and does not give lower managers the opportunity to tell their bosses it was a difficult guest demanding as much as they could get and the room was fine and up to Disney standards. Do as you wish.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #34
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
You do deal with it there and then and if you get to the point where you had enough issues (for example two rooms in a row that were dirty or in my case hand prints on the bathroom walls printed in feces - don't know how they missed that...) you should write a letter and also post it to the internet supports your letter. If you just complain and let it go, it will get fixed for you at that time but who is to say that housekeeper isn't on again next week and does the same thing again and again. Posting it to the web pushes the upper management into looking into it and does not give lower managers the opportunity to tell their bosses it was a difficult guest demanding as much as they could get and the room was fine and up to Disney standards. Do as you wish.
BBM. Wow. I understand you had issues during your visit, but to generalize like this is just wrong, JMO.
I don't find upper or lower management (or CM's in general for that matter) at Disney to be as you described, at all. They have been beyond helpful to me when I have asked for assistance.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #35
ton80
Darts Anyone!

Something that looked like "POOP" in the bed??? Come on now be realistic.
ton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #36
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Not surprised. On our honeymoon at the Poly back in 2007, the bathroom mirror was dirty and must have been that way for some time as when DH took a shower, a message came out on the mirror from the steam that read "clean me" lol
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP
For previous posters who have suggested notifying the front desk, there's nothing they can do except continue to reassign your room. It is NOT a front desk issue, it's a housekeeping issue. They will call a housekeeping manager, but it's faster and more effective if you call housekeeping from your room and ask a housekeeping manager to meet you there. How do I know? I once worked beach club front desk
Any issues we have ever had, have been resolved with this method. Calling the housekeeping button, and asking for the manager.

We've also been able to request early service at every level of wdw resort from value through deluxe CL. We usually leave the room very early and are back by 1pm, so we do this all the time with no issues.

OP I'm sorry you had such a crummy room situation. I would strongly recommend mailing a letter to the GM as well as emailing a letter to wdw guest services.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #38
Mom23WildBoys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ton80 View Post
Something that looked like "POOP" in the bed??? Come on now be realistic.
I can send a picture if you want. It looked like a little ball of very dried out poop, or some kind of mud ball, or dried out food of some sort. It DID NOT come from our food supply or from my son.
Mom23WildBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I agree. Take care of the problem as soon as you see it--pick up the phone or go downstairs. Get your reasonable issue resolved quickly, and then go on and enjoy your WDW vacation.
Taking photos, posting unhappiness online and just being annoyed doesn't seem to me to be of any great help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
So how does a person posting a room number and pictures here of a dirty room to shame WDW into cleaning that room then go about getting informed the issue was resolved to their satisfaction so all such evidence of a (likely temporary) aberration doesn't then remain a permanent reference here?

Bad idea. Resolve the issue while it's happening.
Just to clarify - the room number and photos posted were not of the dirty room. Those were posted by a DISer who was sharing her room which was in good condition.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #40
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Just to clarify - the room number and photos posted were not of the dirty room. Those were posted by a DISer who was sharing her room which was in good condition.
I appreciated those photos.

My comments were toward other posters who recommended/preferred the technique of online "venting" vs. just taking care of the problem directly. I continue to find Disney very responsive when I have a question or concern. They do care.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #41
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I appreciated those photos.

My comments were toward other posters who recommended/preferred the technique of online "venting" vs. just taking care of the problem directly. I continue to find Disney very responsive when I have a question or concern. They do care.
Agree! ( Ginny! )

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #42
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76 View Post
I will never understand how it happens that a section of rooms can be filthy and yet others are pristine.
Not hard to understand; the same housekeeper doesn't clean every room in a hotel (except a tiny one).
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #43
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I totally agree with address the problem while there, or these type of situations will continue because management needs to know what room it was at that particular time so they can address who is responsible. They need to actually see it and not hear about it after the fact.

Go the front desk and ask for the on duty manager, do not settle for anyone less. Also if necessary call from your room to housekeeping and ask for the on duty housekeeping manager.

Do not leave your concern with someone who can not make it right.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #44
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

I stayed at BC for the first time April 2012. Although I loved the location of our room, 3rd floor, corner room ( huge huge balcony) very easy access to Epcot. I definitely had things broken/dirty in my room.. Most days we put the do not disturb sign on our door, especially if we were going to the pool. Then when we knew we would b leaving for a long period of time we would take it off. More times than not, this back-fired on us as 3 out of the 7 nights we were there our room was never cleaned.
That being said, I feel so lucky to b able to fake my family to Disney that I try not to complain about what I call the small stuff..
I loved SAb, but I think I think if I had the money again I would try the yacht club..
loganpaulsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #45
glocon
DIS Veteran

When I first started reading this thread over a week ago, I was quite nervous. We were leaving for our first BC stay last weekend, staying there on Monday and Tuesday Oct 8/9. I was thrilled to finally be seeing SAB in person!

Well, we had a great room on the club level overlooking the pool, harbor, and the BWI. It was neat and clean, the club lounge was great, and SAB was everything I had imagined it would be. The only thing I would comment on is that the hallways could use a touch up paint job on both the walls and the trim, and the carpeting looked pretty worn also.

That being said, I would not hesitate to stay again, even with the exorbiant prices... I think it is well worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: