Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
katebeth
Mouseketeer

Dirty rooms at the BC

We just returned from our first stay at the BC. We were so excited to try this resort for the first time, but ended up disappointed.

Now don't get me wrong...I understand that this is an older resort, so when I say the rooms were dirty, I don't mean worn and older...I mean they were dirty.

The first room they put us in had wet stains on the daybed and one of the beds. I kept looking up thinking the ceiling was leaking Then my girls pulled out the table that slides out from under the desk and it was NASTY....Caked on food. The bellman had just brought up our luggage and I showed him the table and beds and he said that they had been having problems with housekeeping and we should let the front desk know.

We went downstairs and they were very nice. I explained what we had noticed in the room and they put us on a different room on a different floor.

NOW I will totally take the blame for assuming that two rooms in a row would not be dirty. My girls were itching to get to the pool, so we quickly got our suitcases into the new room, changed clothes and headed to to pool. Later that evening we headed back to to room and my girls started to take showers and I started to unpack. It was then that I noticed more filth

The daybed cover had two chocolate? looking stains on the cover. Both quilts on the foot of the beds were covered in all types of stains. There was hair in both of the sinks (not ours, we had not used them yet...just the showers) And when I opened the cabnet to the fridge, there was pizza sauce splattered everywhere.

By now it was late, we had dinner reservations, had used the shower, unpacked and did not want to change rooms again.

Again, I understand worn and dated, but filth is gross!! How hard is it to throw the decorative quilts at the foot of the beds in the wash? Or wipe out the cabnets?

We spent a lot of money to stay at this resort..I think that was what bothered us the most!!
4th trip.....Sept. 2005 off property
5th trip.....Oct. 2006 WL
6th trip.....Oct. 2007 WL
7th trip.....Oct. 2008 WL
8th trip....March 2010 WL
9th trip....Oct. 2010 Tampa
1st Disney Cruise March 2011
katebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katebeth View Post
We just returned from our first stay at the BC. We were so excited to try this resort for the first time, but ended up disappointed.

Now don't get me wrong...I understand that this is an older resort, so when I say the rooms were dirty, I don't mean worn and older...I mean they were dirty.

The first room they put us in had wet stains on the daybed and one of the beds. I kept looking up thinking the ceiling was leaking Then my girls pulled out the table that slides out from under the desk and it was NASTY....Caked on food. The bellman had just brought up our luggage and I showed him the table and beds and he said that they had been having problems with housekeeping and we should let the front desk know.

We went downstairs and they were very nice. I explained what we had noticed in the room and they put us on a different room on a different floor.

NOW I will totally take the blame for assuming that two rooms in a row would not be dirty. My girls were itching to get to the pool, so we quickly got our suitcases into the new room, changed clothes and headed to to pool. Later that evening we headed back to to room and my girls started to take showers and I started to unpack. It was then that I noticed more filth

The daybed cover had two chocolate? looking stains on the cover. Both quilts on the foot of the beds were covered in all types of stains. There was hair in both of the sinks (not ours, we had not used them yet...just the showers) And when I opened the cabnet to the fridge, there was pizza sauce splattered everywhere.

By now it was late, we had dinner reservations, had used the shower, unpacked and did not want to change rooms again.

Again, I understand worn and dated, but filth is gross!! How hard is it to throw the decorative quilts at the foot of the beds in the wash? Or wipe out the cabnets?

We spent a lot of money to stay at this resort..I think that was what bothered us the most!!
That's definitely disappointing, and apparently you've got some bad luck...two rooms in a row?!?!

We have friends down there right now and their BC room is pristine.

Hopefully you communicated the issues to management so they can address those issues.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by katebeth View Post

Please alert the front desk personnel to these issues.. Dont call, dont email, stop at the front desk and tell them. That is just not acceptable.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
pmarlow
Earning My Ears

same thing @ BCV

Stayed in a 2 bedroom villa @ BC in September & it was dirty besides being old & in poor shape with most amenities under construction or closed, like hurricane hannas, the gym & the pool slide. Complained to the front desk & they were less than kind about it. Complained to DVC, as we booked on points, & they were shocked. We will not be going back.
pmarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

I can see DVC being shocked that a villa was dirty and possibly even in poor shape, but not that it's old(er), or that Hurricane Hannah's, the gym, and the pool slide are closed for renovations.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I stayed at BC in July and felt the rooms were worn down as well compared to YC. I kind of assumed that maybe it was due to the "beach bum" kinda theme but at $250+ a night, I expected the room to be kept up more than it was but never felt like I had to change rooms. We did not have the filth that you had thank goodness!!!! The quick walk to Epcot was wonderful
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
padawans
DIS Veteran

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the BC Cl. Our room was very clean, but the hallways and common areas looked very worn and dirty. One day housekeeping did not show up to clean our room. I reported it to the concierges and they asked me "what time I had scheduled my room to be cleaned"? Huh? I was confused by this question. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and many Disney resorts and have never had to ask for my room to be cleaned or schedule a time for it. Turn down service was hit or miss. The lobby was a zoo. The YC Cl is so much better. I love SAB and I love the resort, but from now on I will only book the YC.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
We just returned from a 5 night stay at the BC Cl. Our room was very clean, but the hallways and common areas looked very worn and dirty. One day housekeeping did not show up to clean our room. I reported it to the concierges and they asked me "what time I had scheduled my room to be cleaned"? Huh? I was confused by this question. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and many Disney resorts and have never had to ask for my room to be cleaned or schedule a time for it. Turn down service was hit or miss. The lobby was a zoo. The YC Cl is so much better. I love SAB and I love the resort, but from now on I will only book the YC.
Just wanted to say Welcome Back!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Yeah us too! We really wanted to love the BC but hated it.
Our knobs in the bathroom came off and it was dirty.
Won't be going back!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Go to the front desk, ask for the On Duty Manager and don't settle for anyone else.

you have to go to the desk, do not call. You only get the call center then.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #11
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

I am so sorry to hear that, but I'm not entirely surprised either. We stayed at BC twice this year and while we had lovely, clean rooms both times, there seemed to be a lot of wear and tear in the hallways. I'd expect that in the villas side, and they were even worse, but not the main hotel! I hope you still managed to have a fun stay. I still love the BC!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #12
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We also stayed BC few weeks ago had dirty room and balcony as well as hall ways and carpet and furniture were very worn and dingy! We stayed CL was not worth the $! Complained to manager got half our money back..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
shopgirl78
Mouseketeer

Yikes! Hope they shape up before our trip! We are excited about the new resort and Christmas decor!
March 2015 DCL/AoA

8 years 6 years 4 years
shopgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

I will never understand how it happens that a section of rooms can be filthy and yet others are pristine.

We stayed at the BC for the first time in August and although it was disappointing that so many reservations were going on at once, our room was spotless. We had great mousekeeping, the turn down service was done every night, and it was just magical.

As far as "scheduling" cleaning at the BC... We stayed on CL and were asked, at check in, what time we would prefer the housekeeping service. It's an added perk, not something intended to frustrate you, to be able to request a specific time.
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
capeseal
DIS Veteran

These poor experiences make me even happier that we couldn't get the discounted rooms we wanted at BC. We just returned from the YC and had a wonderful stay. Staff and rooms were great. When we decided that our rooms were too far from the elevators after one night (my mom is still recovering from knee replacement) the manager offered to move us and graciously came up to show us the rooms we'd move to before making the change to be sure they were acceptable. We were very happy there but thought we'd love to try BC or Boardwalk next time. Now I'm not so certain we should go anywhere else unless we hear about some renovations in rooms and staff at BC before our next trip.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: