Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
mom2rm
Mouseketeer

BBB-princess cotton dresses?

My DD is going to BBB for the 2nd time. The first time, she wanted her beautiful Belle dress off the minute after she was done at BBB because it was so itchy and scratchy. She wants to go again but not with that kind of dress. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a Cotton princess dress?
mom2rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
auralia
DIS Veteran

I got dd some beautiful ones on etsy just search it they start at 30$ I did a package of 3 dresses for 100$
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Try Tinkerella Creations! A bit pricey, but her stuff is BEAUTIFUL.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Try Tinkerella Creations! A bit pricey, but her stuff is BEAUTIFUL.

Almost $200 for a cotton dress?!?! Seriously crazy.
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

Not cotton, but we have several nancy August dresses (nancyaugust.com) and they are beautiful! They are all satin and not itchy like the park ones. My very picky daughter loves hers! We have worn several to the parks and received tons of compliments!
kristainohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio
Not cotton, but we have several nancy August dresses (nancyaugust.com) and they are beautiful! They are all satin and not itchy like the park ones. My very picky daughter loves hers! We have worn several to the parks and received tons of compliments!
Thanks for this great site I found long gloves to go with my DD9's Cinderella formal!

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Tented1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
daraddg
DIS Veteran

I found cotton dresses on etsy too, they weren't big princess dresses they were sun dresses with disney fabric(one had princesses the other mickey mouse) and wore tiaras and my daughters were much happier in those.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
ladeeesquire
Mouseketeer

If you really wanted for your dd to be able to choose a dress from BBB, the minnie mouse one is mostly cotton. I think the bodice is the only part that is polyester but it is quite stretchy. Overall, my dd found this dress to be very, very comfy!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

We are taking 6 princess dresses this trip and each one was from the same ebay seller for $19.99 each. They are very high quality, beautifully made, and best of all - no itchy. The ones that have crinoline type material are lined so that there's nothing itchy at all.

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #10
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama
We are taking 6 princess dresses this trip and each one was from the same ebay seller for $19.99 each. They are very high quality, beautifully made, and best of all - no itchy. The ones that have crinoline type material are lined so that there's nothing itchy at all.
Which eBay seller??? Are there more???
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
mom2rm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraddg View Post
I found cotton dresses on etsy too, they weren't big princess dresses they were sun dresses with disney fabric(one had princesses the other mickey mouse) and wore tiaras and my daughters were much happier in those.
Can you tell me specifically which ones on the etsy site?
Thanks for all your responses!
mom2rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I have actually bought things from 3 different people and been so happy with each one. This lady (sunshineangelalways on ebay) made DD the most beautiful Cinderella dress (it is listed in her store) and she was able to wear it for 2 trips. Super well made.

I also ordered skirts for DD and 2 of her friends. All 3 girls got so many compliments and DD loves wearing the skirts even just around they are nicely made and a fun twirl design. Her shop is on ebay (mamawing5). She also made a larger version for my tween niece so she can coordinate with the younger little girls.

Finally I just ordered minnie dresses to match for DD and my niece for our next trip. She did take a little longer to make them and get them shippedbut they turned out really cute. She is on etsy and Facebook
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

There are many options. I should say we didn't get anything from BBB.

My dd had a formal gown I ordered off ebay from 87sweetgirl. We used that for BBB and CRT. She just picked a formal gown in her favorite color. This was the 2nd dress we got from this seller. She wore a camisol under the top, but the bottom is lined with satin.

She also had a twirl skirt for touring and there are several sources for those on ebay and etsy. The one she is wearing is Ariel themed, but there are a lot of varieties.

She also had 2 pillow case dresses. I love those. She had one princess one she wore to Akershus and one Minnie Mouse one she wore to Chef Mickey's.

I love these because you can wear them with a turtleneck and pants when it is cooler or use it as a tunic as your child grows, so it can last for 3 years depending on the age of your child.

If you put pillowcase dress in the search box on either ebay or etsy, you should get some nice choices.

She mentioned that next time she might want a tutu skirt and a fun shirt, so I'm looking at those in various lengths for our next trip.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

We have three dresses from http://www.littledressupshop.com/gir...-costumes.html and they are wonderful! They are all machine washable and made with comfy fabric.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
albarellic
Mouseketeer

I bought a Cinderella costume from the Disney store online before our first trip that my DD said itched. I used a cotton camisole/undershirt from Hanes under it and she said it wasn't itchy anymore. If you already have a costume you want to use and don't want to spend more- a pack of camisole costs about $6 from Target or Walmart.
albarellic is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: