Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
DisneyMommy403
Wishing on a Star

Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness...How mad are we talkin?

Aloooooha Everyone!

My family and I will be visiting DL & DCA Nov. 8-11th. I'm mapping out our itinerary, and Friday seems to be our craziest. Just had a couple of questions I'm hoping you all can help me out with...

We'll be attending Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness on our second morning in the park. I know it pretty much starts a few minutes after park opening... but how long is the show? Say park opening is at 9, show/ceremony starts at 9:20 or so... does it run until 10 when the rest of the park is offered admittance to Toontown? If not, are you able to view the show, and then ride Roger Rabbit, or Gadget's Go Coaster with a smaller line... OR can you ride while the show is going on?

We don't really plan on Character Meet and Greets during the hour because I heard it's a nightmare... and the girls have BBB reservations at 10:10am... then a princess lunch at AG @ 12. (I know... why did I do this to myself, I'll be running all over the place all morning)

think we'll make those without our heads spinning? How crazy do you think this "party" will be in early November?

Also, any tips on tweaking my plans a bit? Here's my rough draft itinerary so far:
Thurs: Magic Morning (tackling Fantasyland first - thanks guys for all the tips on that in the EMH thread!)
Breakfast with Minnie and Friends,
more rides,
small lunch @ wherever we crave,
nap break for a couple hours,
Blue Bayou for dinner

Fri: MTMM
BBB
AG
DCA rides
Nap Break
DL Rides
Fireworks

Sat:
DCA park opening for RSR FP
Spend all day at DCA
WOC

Sun:
Open to see and do and eat whatever we've missed
Fantasmic Dessert Seating

Wow, seeing that all written out, got me even more excited!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
lurpee
Mouseketeer

That is a lot to do. I don't know if it will work or not buy I reAd somewhere that dinner reservations for dinner are a good idea Friday and Saturday nights. Good luck!

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
traci
Doesn't want any Tags

Regarding Toon Town morning madness...you can ride the coaster and roger rabbit during the show. Both times we have done MM we were able to walk on both rides and stay on a couple of times because it wasn't crowded (our most recent MM was this past Monday). We didn't think the character lines were bad either so you may be able to squeeze a couple in. We had Pluto to ourselves for about 5 minutes! He played with my girls over by the "jail"
Have fun!
2007 Polynesian MK View
2008 Grand Floridian GV
2009 Grand Floridian RPC & Animal Kingdom Lodge CL
2009 Grand Floridian RPC MK View
2010 Grand Floridian GRAND SUITE!
2011 Grand Floridian MK View
2012 Grand Floridian MK View
2013 Grand Floridian MK View
2015 Grand Floridian RPC MK View
**DISNEYLAND**
Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel & Paradise Pier
weekend trips 2010 to present!
traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

I was pleasantly suprised by MTTMM when we went during our Spring Break this past March.

There were maybe only 20-25 people waiting at the entrance to TT, there were some cast members and characters there entertaining us until it opened, my son got in some early morning pin trading with one of the CMs.

When they opened the gates, in we went and my son rode the GoGoGadget coaster (his fave, 7yrs old) multiple times in a row. And he still got all the autographs he wanted.

Not nearly as many people took advantage of this as I thought they would!!

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
kimis
DIS Veteran

Is MTMM offered every morning or just certain days? Thank you!
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We went the last week of June and there were very few people there. We rode the rides (coaster and Roger Rabbit) before the show. After the show (5-10 minutes) we explored a little more and left by 9:45. We even worked in a few characters here and there.

Our two BBB appointments took a lot longer than I expected. It was almost two hours. We arrived at the time of our reservation but they ran 20 minutes late. One FGIT was extremely slow and took a full 20 minutes longer. My poor girl was wilting. It was not as fun as she thought it would be.

Make sure they know you have a lunch reservation. You may want to push that back to 12:30.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
DisneyMommy403
Wishing on a Star

Great thanks all! I was a little worried we'd be rushing through it to make the BBB appointments. I am hoping ti doesn't take too long so we're able to make our reservations. I had originally requested 12:30, and they said the best they could do was 12. Either way, I'm sure everything will work out well... thank you all for your help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: