Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

magical express question

I have booked a last minute trip to visit my DD who is a CM doing the CP right now. I am travelling in 8 days so I strongly suspect that I will not get luggage tags or a ME voucher.
Has anyone here had experience with travelling with luggage without ME tags and if so, what was your experience? I don't really have a choice but travel without the tags. Please DO NOT suggest I go and pull my own luggage as this is NOT an optiion. I travel using my own personal ECV and it is all I can do to manage my carry-ons.
I wish they gave you an option to pay to get these overnighted to you. I'd pay a fee to get them just for the peace of mind!! I travel on the 6th. So I'd have to have them by the 4th since there's no mail on the 5th... I hope I am worrying for no reason!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

You will be fine.

When you check your luggage you will get luggage vouchers from the airlines. When you get off your flight go to the ME check-in counter. They will write down your luggage tag info and pull your luggage for you.

International travelers must do this so Disney is used to retrieving luggage and it is very organized. If you go to the ME sticky at the top of this forum, you can read more about it.

Have a magical trip!

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

I have used ME many many times but have always had the yellow luggage tags and the motorcoach voucher.
I guess what disappoints me is that if I stop at the disney Earport store, I risk having my luggage come out onto the regular conveyor and someone else 'possibly' taking it....sigh....
And then I also have to 'waste' more time 'standing' in line when if I had my ME voucher, I could just get directly in line to board a motor coach to my resort. I'm already getting in a bit later than I really wanted but with flying on a Monday, the location of the airport,needing a ride to said airport, I figured I shouldn't take too early of a flight. So every little delay just puts me further behind the eight ball if you know what I mean?
Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to just roll with the punches, huh??!!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

We've Done It

I have used ME twice now without having my tags in time.

The first time was back in 2005 just a few weeks after the start of ME. Our tags never arrived in time so all we had to do was stop by the ME desk. They took down the info from our baggage claim tickets and a description of our bags, printed out a voucher for us, and we were on our way. Our bags showed up in our room shortly after.

The second time was just last August. We were scheduled to fly down for a stay at POFQ on a Monday but then with the threat of TS/Hurricane Isaac, we chose to leave a day early. We decided to stay at Pop for the night before heading to POFQ the next day. So again we headed to the ME desk so that they could get the info to pull our bags and send them to Pop. They also printed us a new set of vouchers. And again, our bags showed within a few hours.

By the way, I saw another of your posts and see that you will be checking in on 5/6. We will also be checking in on that day!!
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I risk having my luggage come out onto the regular conveyor
This IS what is going to happen. It will come out, and an ME employee will come out and find your luggage based on the info you give them.

Make your luggage distinctive; perhaps neon duct tape worked into ribbons on the handle, etc, so there's less chance of someone thinking it's theirs.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

This IS what is going to happen. It will come out, and an ME employee will come out and find your luggage based on the info you give them.

Make your luggage distinctive; perhaps neon duct tape worked into ribbons on the handle, etc, so there's less chance of someone thinking it's theirs.
I have for years put distinctive lime green ribbon on our handles. And we have an Eddie Bauer bag that is prob 5 years old. And a guy at the airport approached us and said we had his bag! I politely said, "no we did not." He was pretty insisent we did have his bag until I showed him our luggage tag! Meantime, his came out and pretty much looked identical to ours! I really wish people would make sure they knew the bags were theirs before they take off!! The thought just bothers me when this guy would've just grabbed our bag and taken off!! I guess maybe he would've figured out it wasn't his bag when he went to open it and was zip tied closed, if he doesn't do that to his bags too and use the same small zip ties!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: