Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
waydownunder
Earning My Ears

Character dining for group of adults

We are a group of 6 adults ranging from 19 to 81. This is a first time trip to DLR. Would you do any character dining. If yes which would you choose. We really want to experience all that Disney has to offer.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
allsaintsatx
Mouseketeer

Definitely do character dining! The characters interact with everyone not just kids. My wife had a "moment" with Tigger at Minnie's Breakfast at Plaza Inn!! We have a DS9 and he got plenty of character photos but coming in at a close second was your truly!! Haha! Loved Chip & Dale at GK, Mad Hatter at GK, Tigger, Eeyore and Minnie at Minnie's Breakfast. Chip and or Dale seem to do well with adults for some reason? That's just the way it came across to me. We only did Goofys Kitchen and Minnie's but we would do either again in a heartbeat even if we were without the DS9! if food quality is also an issue I'd pick GK, the food was better and the selection was very diverse- it's a brunch so there were not only the breakfast items but also pizza, sandwiches, desserts etc etc
allsaintsatx is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
dragonflycurls
Mouseketeer

Yes! We love Minnie's Breakfast. The only bad experience I've had as an adult was ARiel's Grotto.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
lucysmom
Mouseketeer

Yes, I am 57 years old and love to eat at the character meals! I would check for recent reviews of each restaurant before choosing.

I had a fabulous breakfast at Minnie's two years ago, but last year was beyond horrible. We waited in line so long for such poor food, that we missed the characters coming around to the tables. I have read similar reviews since we got back. So, I would not recommend it.

Goofy's has a fun dinner that can be a good way to start the trip if you have a nonpark arrival day. The food is fine. We have never had a Goofy's breakfast, so can't comment on that.

Surf's-up at Paradise Pier Hotel is my favorite character meal so far. Food is better, characters a blast. Restaurant was very nice and not overbooked like at Minnie's.

We are looking forward to trying Storyteller's character breakfast this year. I love that restaurant and since we are staying in that hotel, it will be convenient.

The overall problem with character breakfasts for me is that I always want to make rope drop. Our character meals have been relegated to non-park days (arrival or departure days only.) If you can work one into your schedule, go and enjoy. Have a blast interacting with the characters. Talk to them and ask them questions. We watched Captain Hook and Chip have a dance-off at the instigation of a guest. Scratch Pluto and watch his foot wiggle. Ask Daisy how she lives with grouchy old Donald. Have fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: