Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
spacemountain1971
Earning My Ears

Opinion on La Quinta Anaheim?

Hello,

I was looking at the La Quinta for a stay in September. They have a kid's suite cheap and breakfast as well as free parking. The unofficial guide gave it a pretty high rating but the reviews on Trip Advisor are all over the place.

Does anyone have experience with this location?

I think we are looking here or the Fairfield Inn or Portofino.

Thanks for your input!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed there, personally, but we have friends who stay there every time they visit the Resort, and have been very satisfied.

We have stayed at the Fairfield, and really liked it---nice clean rooms(lightly Disney themed), good beds, lemonade in the Lobby, 10 minute walk to Bag Check, etc.
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
GracieB
Mouseketeer

Poor breakfast

I was there in late April. Although we were satisfied with the size and layout of the room (rather tired looking, but not renovated yet), the breakfast was definitely subpar! Fairly ordinary, and in need of more variety. A limited selection: hard boiled eggs, strawberry flavored yogurt, apples, plain bagels or toast, raisin bran, generic Cheerios, mini muffins, toaster type waffles, a juice machine, coffee. I think there was a pot of oatmeal too. The food was not high quality, but it was replenished, and the attendant kept things tidy.

The paid ART shuttle stops near the parking lot, and the front desk sells tickets. We felt the shuttle was well worth $12 each for 3 days.

I also stayed there back when it was Hawthorne Suites, and returned because of the room set up: two beds in the main room, and sofa bed in the other side, with sliding glass door. I prefer a bit of privacy, so this set up is ideal for 3 adults.

We paid $94 @ night, AAA rate. I haven't stayed at Portofino, but at least from outside, Fairfield looks nicer.

The hotel is being renovated, with all new furniture planned. Across the street is Cheesecake Factory, CA Pizza Kitchen, etc.

I would stay there again, but only at under $95. It would definitely not be a top choice. I liked the location well enough, and proximity to Cheesecake Factory and ART, though. It is about 20 minute walk to the turnstile. If the breakfast was only better!

Last edited by GracieB; 06-15-2014 at 10:28 AM.
GracieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: