Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #1096
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
You actually can if you're in the first couple rows. We've watched the fireworks from our table every year for the past 3 years Even if people stand at the railing, you can still see pretty well!
Bingo! This is our experience too.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #1097
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
Got ours for 4/11 for my party of 4.... Reservations are at 9:15 so I'm guessing we won't have good seating? Or does it matter? Thanks so much!
Your actual ADR time does not matter. What matters is how many people have booked the party (and don't cancel) before you.

The ADR time is just a symptom of Disney's reservation system. X amount of tables for each party size are distributed for each ADR time. If one party size sells out first, they will still have the front row tables.

Just always remember, it's Disney. It makes no sense in the real world.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #1098
anadama
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to thank everyone and confirm that the registration process for the Fireworks Dessert Buffet is wonky at best. We are going with another family a the end of April. They had been calling repeatedly only to be told that the reservations weren't open yet. It was the #1 thing on their to do list at Disney, so we wanted to make sure we got reservations. They actually called over this past weekend and were told that it wasn't possible to make reservations.

I checked this board for tips and tricks and when I saw that people were making reservations for April as of March 1, I checked online (wasn't working) and then called the reservations line. The customer service rep said that reservations weren't open yet. I said that there were people on the disboards making reservations for April, and he said he would check again.

Voila, reservations were opened. I was able to reserve 8 spots for the night we wanted. Thank you all very much!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #1099
okienick
Mouseketeer

I'm watching reservations for May and will reserve as soon as I can. I have a ressie for Garden Grill at Epcot at 7pm, and am planning to get to the dessert party by 9 for a 10pm Wishes when I go. This is doable, right?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #1100
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick View Post
I'm watching reservations for May and will reserve as soon as I can. I have a ressie for Garden Grill at Epcot at 7pm, and am planning to get to the dessert party by 9 for a 10pm Wishes when I go. This is doable, right?

You may have a tight squeeze trying to get from Epcot to MK. If you figure dinner is about an hour, providing you get seated directly at 7pm, you'll have an hour to get from Epcot to the MK for the dessert party 'rope drop.' Granted, you don't have to be there exactly at 9pm, but when the buffet opens, the vultures descend and when I did it, it took a little time for things to be replenished.

They were good about it, but as it got closer to fireworks time, they didn't replenish everything.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #1101
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=anadama;47695215

Voila, reservations were opened. I was able to reserve 8 spots for the night we wanted. Thank you all very much![/QUOTE]

What day in APril did u get?

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #1102
ktate82
DIS Veteran

We went a few years ago, and the desert party was only offered a few days a week. Last year it was every day. Is it still offered every night?
Sept 2014 AKL, June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1103
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My opinion, this is very tight. I wouldn't do it. I find that later ADR times rarely seat you on time and dinner can be a bit slow. Then you have travel time between parks. It is doable, but there is just so much that could go wrong. BUT, that's just me.

On a separate note, just talked to a friend who returned a few days ago. They were seated in the second row and just sat in their seats to watch the firework show because they were there with her inlaws who have mobility issues. She said, even with many people at the rail, they saw the fireworks without any issues--nothing blocked their view. She also said it was the highlight for her inlaws and her DH said it ranked in the top 3.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #1104
Herbord3
Earning My Ears

subscribing to this thread for June dates

Hi, I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. Can you tell me when June dates will be available and what is the cost/ is it worth the money? What's included? Any details you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #1105
terpfan4u
Earning My Ears

I'm curious...any idea how many seats are available for the desserts party?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #1106
terpfan4u
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbord3
Hi, I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. Can you tell me when June dates will be available and what is the cost/ is it worth the money? What's included? Any details you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Well! I've been calling daily for April and finally got it today! So keep trying, I was told they can open at any time!good luck!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #1107
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz

My opinion, this is very tight. I wouldn't do it. I find that later ADR times rarely seat you on time and dinner can be a bit slow. Then you have travel time between parks. It is doable, but there is just so much that could go wrong. BUT, that's just me.

On a separate note, just talked to a friend who returned a few days ago. They were seated in the second row and just sat in their seats to watch the firework show because they were there with her inlaws who have mobility issues. She said, even with many people at the rail, they saw the fireworks without any issues--nothing blocked their view. She also said it was the highlight for her inlaws and her DH said it ranked in the top 3.
I don't think that will work. ADR may be late seating you, it's a long distance between Epcot and MK, waiting and transferring on transportation (unless you drive), may be lines of others waiting at the gate to get into MK, walking through crowds at each park. I could go on and on. That's a lot of money to pay and possibly miss the Dessert Party.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #1108
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick
I did the previous post wrong. I meant to quote this one.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1109
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree with the others, it's definitely tight. You should be okay if all the stars align and you get seated on time, eat fairly quickly, and are able to easily jump on transportation over to MK. But if anything goes wrong you could miss a good portion of the dessert party. I just don't like being stressed out and feeling completely rushed while I eat! Are you able to change your ressie time at all, see if even 6 or 6:30 is available? That should give you a little more leeway.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #1110
okienick
Mouseketeer

Yes, I already changed the ressie to 630 and we will get there at 6 so we can be seated ASAP. What about reserving the dessert party? With the unreliability of the website, is it better to use the website or call?

It all started with a mouse...
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: