Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #841
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpitarresi View Post
Planning 1st WDW trip with my family and really want to do this. We are planning 1st week in June. When do reservations become available? Any info ya'll could give me will be much appreciated!
This is one of the mysteries of the universe....ha ha ha

No one knows when, how, or why they open reservations the way they do. Seems pretty crazy!!

It used to be that they would open reservations about 90 out. However, in the last several months, it's been closer to 30 days out. Take a look at he first few notes in this thread for lots of great info!

So, June may not open until end of April or early May...
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #842
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpitarresi
Planning 1st WDW trip with my family and really want to do this. We are planning 1st week in June. When do reservations become available? Any info ya'll could give me will be much appreciated!
No one can say for sure when the ADRs for a particular month will open.

Recently. ADR's have been opening one month before the first of each month, but keep watching this thread or checking yourself because there really is no telling. They could even open up the whole summer tomorrow.

Challenge: Is there a genius obsessed fan out there that fit the past ADR windows to a pattern of some kind? The less logical the better!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #843
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorganS View Post
No one can say for sure when the ADRs for a particular month will open.

Recently. ADR's have been opening one month before the first of each month, but keep watching this thread or checking yourself because there really is no telling. They could even open up the whole summer tomorrow.

Challenge: Is there a genius obsessed fan out there that fit the past ADR windows to a pattern of some kind? The less logical the better!!
Right now there isn't enough info available to figure out a pattern with the new way they have been doing it.

January 2013 opened on November 23, 2012. 38 days out.
February 2013 opened January 3, 2013. 28 days out.
March 2013 opened February 6, 2013. 22 days out.

Other than the amount of days slowly dwindling down, I can't see any kind of a reasonable pattern developing. Considering all the given info, I am giving an educated guess that April will open on March 11th. By educated guess, I mean that I closed my eyes and put my finger on the calendar. That's about as close to accurate as you can get at this point. Random guess!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #844
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
yikes...now I'm gonna have to think about it! I'm sure hoping i can reschedule my BOG for another night...,that would be the BEST of solutions!

If not, perhaps it would be better to do the Dessert Party on a EMH night...sheesh...and here I thought I had it all figured out!

For those who HAVE eaten there, do you think there will be time after our 8:40 reservation to eat (and enjoy the experience) and get out to see the parade and fireworks by 10? The park is open until 1AM, but I know the three of us "mature" ladies will not be able to stay that long and have any chance of getting up to hit an early morning entry the next day....
I like it's cutting it a bit too close! At least for me, I know I would feel a little stressed and rushed at dinner and I definitely don't like that. We just ate there this past weekend - now keep in mind this was a very busy, holiday weekend, but I think BOG is pretty much always booked so it may not be very different. We had an 8:00 reservation, were seated around 8:15. By the time we finished dinner, got the check, quickly checked out the other room, and got our picture taken with the Beast and got outside, it was 9:45. Dinner there was absolutely amazing though.

If you can I would try to do the dessert party a different night. Too close for comfort in my opinion! Plus the dessert party pretty much ends as soon as the fireworks are over, so even if you made it in time for Wishes you wouldn't have much time to eat any desserts or really get your money's worth.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #845
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts about BOG and Dessert Party.

I guess the thing is that I LOVE the MK fireworks, and we traditionally spend the last night in MK so we have that "magical" feeling of Disney at night as a big finale. So, it's a really hard decision for me.

So, I'm thinking that if I can't score a canceled BOG ressie earlier in the week, I'll have to do the Dessert Party another night. I know based on the experiences of those who have eaten there that dinner at BOG would be also a great evening - and who knows, maybe we'll start a new tradition and a fitting way to end the Girls Only wild and crazy trip!!!

In the meantime, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that a cancelation comes through!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #846
lizzieosborne
Earning My Ears

Come on April! Please open up today
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #847
MegN529
Mouseketeer

Just keep waiting, just keep waiting....

Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #848
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Waiting for May. I guess I will wait awhile.

I need to book for like 15 people. Will it be possible to do that online or will I need to call?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #849
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

I just went to check and it would let me choose up to 14 people so I think that you may have to call. Good Luck
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #850
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

patiently waiting for May as well.
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #851
nugov2
DIS Veteran

They told us 30 days on the phone this week when we called again for our family trip. I feel like it is a big secret...why is this one such a mystery I just keep calling every couple of weeks. I really want this reservation bad, but I think it is only because it has become such a challenge
Old 02-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #852
Grandmaof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post
patiently waiting for May as well.
DITTO for me !! But not patiently!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #853
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
They told us 30 days on the phone this week when we called again for our family trip. I feel like it is a big secret...why is this one such a mystery I just keep calling every couple of weeks. I really want this reservation bad, but I think it is only because it has become such a challenge
You have to take anything the CMs at the calling center say with a grain of salt. They have as much info as we have concerning the dessert party...People who call have been told a wide range of things, from "March would open on Feb. 1st." to "March, April and May are all going to open on Feb 15." Neither of which was accurate.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #854
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
Nope! I've never even been to Disney World before! I'm seriously obsessed with BOG though. Like CRAZY about it. We are eating there for our anniversary dinner. Everything about it looks so magical and amazing.
Awesome !!!!! You could not have picked a better place to celebrate !! It IS truly Magical !!! Hope you love it, as much as we do !!!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #855
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
Nope! I've never even been to Disney World before! I'm seriously obsessed with BOG though. Like CRAZY about it. We are eating there for our anniversary dinner. Everything about it looks so magical and amazing.
That's so funny...that's the same date we have the ressie for, that I would love to trade in for one earlier in the week!

Just shows how everyone's trip is different!

If we see you there, we'll say hi...we'll be three "mature" ladies, resv time is 8:50...

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: