Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #826
dani77
Mouseketeer

Come on april...open up already...getting impatient here
I could do may as well (going from april 28th until may 8th)...but I guess I'll try april once it opens up so I can finally relax not having to check this thread all the time

Me, myself and I...all the way from Germany going to the World
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #827
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani77 View Post
Come on april...open up already...getting impatient here
I could do may as well (going from april 28th until may 8th)...but I guess I'll try april once it opens up so I can finally relax not having to check this thread all the time
Boy, I hear you.....while I was watching along with those waiting for March, I was pretty calm, but now the obsession has taken me over!!!

I check the reservation website at least 20 times a day!!! And also look at the BOG restaurant for a cancelation so I can do "DO IT ALL" this trip...
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #828
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
Boy, I hear you.....while I was watching along with those waiting for March, I was pretty calm, but now the obsession has taken me over!!!

I check the reservation website at least 20 times a day!!! And also look at the BOG restaurant for a cancelation so I can do "DO IT ALL" this trip...
That's EXACTLY what I do. I am looking for May so I am not as obsessed (YET) because April still has not opened. I am stalking all cancellations for BOG on both this website and Disney's, I understand
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #829
dani77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
That's EXACTLY what I do. I am looking for May so I am not as obsessed (YET) because April still has not opened. I am stalking all cancellations for BOG on both this website and Disney's, I understand
Quote:
Luckily I scored a BOG ressi a few weeks back. Not exactly the day and time I wanted but I took whaterver I got
The dessert party adr would be the cherry on top for my trip. Did it last year and loved it so much..I had a table in the front row and indulging in sugar heaven with a great view of the castle was amazing!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #830
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Luckily I scored a BOG ressi a few weeks back. Not exactly the day and time I wanted but I took whaterver I got
The dessert party adr would be the cherry on top for my trip. Did it last year and loved it so much..I had a table in the front row and indulging in sugar heaven with a great view of the castle was amazing!
I do have a BOG res for 8:40 the same night (our last night at Disney!) that I'm wanting to do the Dessert Party...since the party starts at 9, I'm thinking that we could probably make it by the time the fireworks start, but would MUCH rather do BOG another night (there are 3 others that would work great!!) or even a lunch. I don't want to rush through any of these wonderful experiences! We could probably do the BOG on the last night and the Dessert Party another night, but gosh...ending with the Dessert Party experience seems like such a fun way to cap off our trip!

Ah...decisions, decisions!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #831
dani77
Mouseketeer

Keep BOG and do the dessert party another night! Though it would be a wonderful to end a vacation...I wouldnt give up the BOG dinner experience for the party if I could do both!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #832
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs

There were 5 of us in our group and we were in the front row before
Oooh...good to know! That gives me hope of being there again. I've only been the one time, and it was set up with just the two seaters in the front.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #833
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keep BOG and do the dessert party another night! Though it would be a wonderful to end a vacation...I wouldnt give up the BOG dinner experience for the party if I could do both!
I wouldnt give up a "BoG" dinner ressie for much !!! (Hmmm... maybe a NY Mets WS title, but thats not happening!) ---

Managed to get one for March 27th at my 180 mark, and wont even give it up to see "Indigo Girls" (my fave band) at "HOB" same night--- Just going a lil late to the concert !!

"BoG" dinner is pure MAGIC !!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #834
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerhon View Post
I wouldnt give up a "BoG" dinner ressie for much !!! (Hmmm... maybe a NY Mets WS title, but thats not happening!) ---

Managed to get one for March 27th at my 180 mark, and wont even give it up to see "Indigo Girls" (my fave band) at "HOB" same night--- Just going a lil late to the concert !!

"BoG" dinner is pure MAGIC !!!!!
I'm completely on the same page. I got a BOG ADR on our 180 day mark, and would have a hard time finding something worth giving it up. the idea of having dinner in the Beasts castle...I'ts so MAGICAL!

I just hope we have enough time between our 6:10 BOG dinner and the dessert party to burn off some dinner and have room for desserts!

I wish April would open already so that I can stop stressing!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #835
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
I'm completely on the same page. I got a BOG ADR on our 180 day mark, and would have a hard time finding something worth giving it up. the idea of having dinner in the Beasts castle...I'ts so MAGICAL!

I just hope we have enough time between our 6:10 BOG dinner and the dessert party to burn off some dinner and have room for desserts!

I wish April would open already so that I can stop stressing!
Missy,

Have you eaten at "BoG" yet for dinner? Its truly amazing !!! Everything about it !!! Its a Fairytale w/ food !!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #836
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Missy,

Have you eaten at "BoG" yet for dinner? Its truly amazing !!! Everything about it !!! Its a Fairytale w/ food !!!
yikes...now I'm gonna have to think about it! I'm sure hoping i can reschedule my BOG for another night...,that would be the BEST of solutions!

If not, perhaps it would be better to do the Dessert Party on a EMH night...sheesh...and here I thought I had it all figured out!

For those who HAVE eaten there, do you think there will be time after our 8:40 reservation to eat (and enjoy the experience) and get out to see the parade and fireworks by 10? The park is open until 1AM, but I know the three of us "mature" ladies will not be able to stay that long and have any chance of getting up to hit an early morning entry the next day....
Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #837
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yikes...now I'm gonna have to think about it! I'm sure hoping i can reschedule my BOG for another night...,that would be the BEST of solutions!

If not, perhaps it would be better to do the Dessert Party on a EMH night...sheesh...and here I thought I had it all figured out!

For those who HAVE eaten there, do you think there will be time after our 8:40 reservation to eat (and enjoy the experience) and get out to see the parade and fireworks by 10? The park is open until 1AM, but I know the three of us "mature" ladies will not be able to stay that long and have any chance of getting up to hit an early morning entry the next day....
Its going to be pushing it with an 8:40 ressie--- (especially if you want to take your time and enjoy)--- and its the type of place that you want to sit and relax (and take in the view.. see the other rooms, etc)

We have been to "BoG" 5x, (all for dinner), and so far, we have never been seated EARLY--- either been right around our ressie time, or 10-20 mins later--- so, most likely, you will be at your table by 8:45-9PM---

Whatever you decide---- Enjoy !!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #838
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
It is soooooo worth the price for sure. We were lucky enough to get the front corner table, so we had an amazing view. But everyone just gets up to watch from the railing, so it doesn't matter where you sit. The front tables are only 2 person, so chances are you won't be in the front, but it is still a great time. And if you can, try to plan it for an EMH night so you can exit through the Tomorrowland side and do a few rides while everyone else is cramming into Main Street to leave. Easy Peasy.

Glad you are liking the DIS. So many wonderful people on here. If get some bad comments...just ignore them and continue with the good. The DIS is a great community and you can find answers to any question in the world on here. Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
There were 5 of us in our group and we were in the front row before
Yup, as a party of 6 last October we were in the front row with several other 5+ parties (even 10!).
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #839
kpitarresi
Earning My Ears

June 2013

Planning 1st WDW trip with my family and really want to do this. We are planning 1st week in June. When do reservations become available? Any info ya'll could give me will be much appreciated!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #840
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Missy,

Nope! I've never even been to Disney World before! I'm seriously obsessed with BOG though. Like CRAZY about it. We are eating there for our anniversary dinner. Everything about it looks so magical and amazing.

Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: