Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #3661
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Maybe someone here can help me with this. My mother,son and I will be going to wdw in November with the hopes of getting an adr for the dessert party on 11/10. My sis and her husband will be there the week before us and want to surprise my mom by showing up at the dessert party to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. How can I surprise her if I make the ress for five people? I don't want her to know my sister will be there. Should I make two separate ress and is there anyway of letting someone know if we can have our tables near each other or make it for five people but let someone know to not mention the other two people on the ress. Do all people on the ress need to show up at the same time? Or can they come in a little later?
If it were me I would just plan on your sister and her husband surprising your Mom in the checkin area beforehand. The process of gaining entrance is not run very efficiently IMO and I think it would be much easier to do it that way then checkin together, get your wristbands and be lead to your table all together.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #3662
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Lots of dates now highlighted in October but still no availability. I'll be so glad when I have this booked LOL

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #3663
Alice515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Lots of dates now highlighted in October but still no availability. I'll be so glad when I have this booked LOL
I felt the same way about September. When I clicked on it one final time before work last Monday; I almost couldn't type in the info necessary. I was completely trembling.. Lol
Good Luck and I hope it opens soon!
Alice515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #3664
tan391
Earning My Ears

would anyone be able to check if the dates of 21st or 28th oct are highlighted.

I am in the UK and cant get access to the page - even through tunnelbear.

Thank you
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #3665
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan391 View Post
would anyone be able to check if the dates of 21st or 28th oct are highlighted.

I am in the UK and cant get access to the page - even through tunnelbear.

Thank you
Both dates are currently highlighted I would expect bookings should open up towards the very end of July- first week in August

As neither of those dates 21 & 28 are MNSSHP dates when October opens for booking the Dessert Party should be open on both those nights.

What is or isn't highlighted before they actually open up the bookings seems to have no baring on the actual party dates as the calendar tends to fluctuate quite a bit beforehand.

The site has been rather quirky lately

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #3666
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullysisters View Post
When I follow that link (and many others) I get :

Page Not Found- 404 Error

The page you requested could not be found.

?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonandChaCha View Post
What I do is put "Tomorrowland terrace dessert party" into the MAIN search box of the disney website and then it pops up. Don't do this from the search for restaurants box in the reservations section. Hope that helps!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by threekidsandadog View Post
Unfortunately, that link only works if you have an American IP address. For us Canadians, we have to call in to make reservations for the dessert party. I really hope they get that fixed soon! Until then keep watching this thread so you know when they open.
Not having any luck getting in either Get the 404 error with the link and a 500 error by manually finding it through dining.
And the TunnelBear thing doesn't seem to like me either (I'll be developing a complex soon!)

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #3667
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

I cannot believe it! I actually got a reservation for 8:15 on 9/26! There was one briefly on 9/23 but I was shocked and messed up but then looked at the 26th. I am shocked! We have always wanted to do this and never got one before!

Now if I could get a 8am Crystal Palace ressie my world would be perfect!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #3668
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

One quick question - do you get tickets or do they just have the ressie when you go?

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #3669
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

That sucks - I'm Canadian and get the same error message. I fine with me obsessively stalking the site for when my dates open up but not so fine with having to keep calling

Would that be why I also can't see any dining reservations I've already made?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #3670
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
One quick question - do you get tickets or do they just have the ressie when you go?
For the dessert party? We've never had tickets -- just gave our name at checkin and they showed us to our reserved table (with a cute little placecard on it).

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #3671
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
That sucks - I'm Canadian and get the same error message. I fine with me obsessively stalking the site for when my dates open up but not so fine with having to keep calling

Would that be why I also can't see any dining reservations I've already made?
I don't think you need to keep calling .... there are so many wonderful people on this thread that someone will post just as soon as booking opens! I've been using this thread for 5 different trips and it has never failed me!

And a special thanks to my friend Sheila for keeping this helpful thread going!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #3672
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I don't think you need to keep calling .... there are so many wonderful people on this thread that someone will post just as soon as booking opens! I've been using this thread for 5 different trips and it has never failed me!

And a special thanks to my friend Sheila for keeping this helpful thread going!!!
Ditto all this!!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #3673
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Linda

dizzyr

Honestly calling every day before you see it posted that the party is booking can be of no use as many times the CM's will say it is not open even when It actually is

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #3674
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone I'll just count on you guys to stalk for me!

My other question was about seeing the dining reservations - I can book them but when I log in and try and pull them up it says unable to display reservations at this time - is that for everyone or is that another non US issue? I know I have a few double bookings since I changed some dates around but I'd like to be able to see everything together before I cancel anything just so I make sure I'm canceling the right ones.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #3675
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
Thanks everyone I'll just count on you guys to stalk for me!

My other question was about seeing the dining reservations - I can book them but when I log in and try and pull them up it says unable to display reservations at this time - is that for everyone or is that another non US issue? I know I have a few double bookings since I changed some dates around but I'd like to be able to see everything together before I cancel anything just so I make sure I'm canceling the right ones.
I had been having problems with my reservations showing up but I just checked and everything was there.

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: