Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #3631
stardis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KailaBelle2006 View Post
So I've been trying to get an ADR for the TTFDP since March for my trip in September.. First I was told call 90 days before your trip then I was told 60 days before my trip. Lo and behold today I find out they opened the September calendar and are booked the entire week I am at WDW. If anyone has reservations for 9/8 and decides to give them up, pretty please let me know! I only have two in my party and we have been trying to do this since our second trip in 2010.

Thanks!
I agree with sjs.....I just found a ressie for a party of 3 at 9:15 on 9/8!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #3632
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
Does your mom have access to your MDE? If not, she won't really know how many people are on the reservation....have your son distract her when you check in (if son is too young to let in on the secret, suggest mom and son stand aside while you go to check in) so they don't say "party of 5" or something....and when they seat you at a 6top table, just shrug your shoulders if she asks why you have such a large table, lol. Or....time it so that your sister walks up in line just behind you and surprises mom in line! Texting would be a big help in that timing....sis could stand inside the building next to TLT and just come up behind you as you walk into line. I seriously doubt there is a way to assure that two reservations would be sitting together......I know they place them in the order received, but if by the time you finish reservation #1 (online or on phone) there could have been a half dozen others finishing their reservation before you're done with #2.

What great kids mom has to celebrate her big birthday with her at WDW! I just turned 50 earlier this month and I hope someone does the planning for a big trip for my 70th!

Thank you so much. We're going to make the ress for five and we will text each other in line. I want to surprise her at the table so I will find a way to talk to the hostess that the rest of my party is elsewhere in line and to not mention it to my mother.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #3633
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Does your mom have access to your MDE? If not, she won't really know how many people are on the reservation....have your son distract her when you check in (if son is too young to let in on the secret, suggest mom and son stand aside while you go to check in) so they don't say "party of 5" or something....and when they seat you at a 6top table, just shrug your shoulders if she asks why you have such a large table, lol. Or....time it so that your sister walks up in line just behind you and surprises mom in line! Texting would be a big help in that timing....sis could stand inside the building next to TLT and just come up behind you as you walk into line. I seriously doubt there is a way to assure that two reservations would be sitting together......I know they place them in the order received, but if by the time you finish reservation #1 (online or on phone) there could have been a half dozen others finishing their reservation before you're done with #2.

What great kids mom has to celebrate her big birthday with her at WDW! I just turned 50 earlier this month and I hope someone does the planning for a big trip for my 70th!
I'm not sure, but I believe your entire party must be there to check in. I'd surprise Mom in line. Two separate tables may not be anywhere near each other.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #3634
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
I'm not sure, but I believe your entire party must be there to check in. I'd surprise Mom in line. Two separate tables may not be anywhere near each other.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
My entire party will be in line but can't I have my sister standing near the end of the line and explain to the hostess about what I'm trying to do?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #3635
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
My entire party will be in line but can't I have my sister standing near the end of the line and explain to the hostess about what I'm trying to do?
I would let the CM know "hey I'm trying to surprise my mom for her 70th birthday....that lady behind us in the purple Mickey shirt is my sister and Mom doesn't know she's joining us, that's the surprise. Could you please seat us and then bring sis to the table and join us in the big surprise?"

CM live for surprises, lol.....so chances are big that they'll bend the rules to help you achieve it.....and absolute worse case you get the crabby CM who says no you all have to be here to enter....so you lean over, tell your son to go get Aunty Susie-Q back there, and bring sis up and do the surprise right there. Not the exact scenario you want, but Mom isn't going to care where she was sitting/standing when she got her surprise....she's probably not even going to remember that part...she's going to remember the surprise and the love and hugs she got from her favorite people in the whole world...her children and grandchild!

So...work for the big surprise at the table, be prepared for an off kilter presentation if things go other than planned.

Edited: I have no clue what the rules are....maybe your whole party has to be there or doesn't....I'm not seeing either way mentioned on the information page on Disney's website, though in some ways it does make sense that in order to keep track of people they'll want to seat everyone at once....but then again CMs do a lot of crazy things to make surprises happen, so it's always worth a try, just knowing that it's not guaranteed and won't always work that way. But she'll love it no matter how the surprise takes place!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #3636
babydoll65

Quote:
I would let the CM know "hey I'm trying to surprise my mom for her 70th birthday....that lady behind us in the purple Mickey shirt is my sister and Mom doesn't know she's joining us, that's the surprise. Could you please seat us and then bring sis to the table and join us in the big surprise?"

CM live for surprises, lol.....so chances are big that they'll bend the rules to help you achieve it.....and absolute worse case you get the crabby CM who says no you all have to be here to enter....so you lean over, tell your son to go get Aunty Susie-Q back there, and bring sis up and do the surprise right there. Not the exact scenario you want, but Mom isn't going to care where she was sitting/standing when she got her surprise....she's probably not even going to remember that part...she's going to remember the surprise and the love and hugs she got from her favorite people in the whole world...her children and grandchild!

So...work for the big surprise at the table, be prepared for an off kilter presentation if things go other than planned.

Edited: I have no clue what the rules are....maybe your whole party has to be there or doesn't....I'm not seeing either way mentioned on the information page on Disney's website, though in some ways it does make sense that in order to keep track of people they'll want to seat everyone at once....but then again CMs do a lot of crazy things to make surprises happen, so it's always worth a try, just knowing that it's not guaranteed and won't always work that way. But she'll love it no matter how the surprise takes place!

All I can do is try. It's a surprise no matter what. I'd rather have all of us at one table celebrating than getting two ress and not be near each other.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #3637
PrincessKimmy
Mouseketeer

Anyone have trouble booking for Sept?
My mom is trying to book now and it wont show up at all on the reservation page (the only thing that shows is dine with an imagineer) and when she called the CM said nothing was available for Sept..

I know its popular, but I find it hard to believe the whole month is completely sold out. Last year when I booked there were at least some spots somewhere in the month for weeks.......

Just wondering.

97/DL, 98/DL, 00/AKL, 12/ASmu

Old 07-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #3638
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKimmy View Post
Anyone have trouble booking for Sept?
My mom is trying to book now and it wont show up at all on the reservation page (the only thing that shows is dine with an imagineer) and when she called the CM said nothing was available for Sept..

I know its popular, but I find it hard to believe the whole month is completely sold out. Last year when I booked there were at least some spots somewhere in the month for weeks.......

Just wondering.
I can get to the reservation page with the link I provided on the previous page but it seems the site itself is not working properly. Maybe try calling again but the CM's may be having the same issues with it not showing any availability

Good luck

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #3639
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I can get to the reservation page with the link I provided on the previous page but it seems the site itself is not working properly. Maybe try calling again but the CM's may be having the same issues with it not showing any availability

Good luck
I was just on and it seems to be working fine. I checked every available date for september and 9-10 & 9-22 were the only 2 that showed no available tables.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #3640
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Why is one of the dates in October already highlighted? I'm anxious LOL

Old 07-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #3641
PrincessKimmy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Good luck
Thanks for checking. I ended up calling again... When she called the first time she asked for a table for 2 which weren't available. She ended up getting a table for 3 (listing a child under 3) for the date she wanted. So it all worked out

I am jealous of you all. DH and I LOVED the party when we went last September.

97/DL, 98/DL, 00/AKL, 12/ASmu

Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #3642
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Why is one of the dates in October already highlighted? I'm anxious LOL
This! I keep checking that date to make sure it's not actually available, even though it's not the date I want. There are 3 highlighted in Nov too. Paranoid...

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

Old 07-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #3643
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp

I was just on and it seems to be working fine. I checked every available date for september and 9-10 & 9-22 were the only 2 that showed no available tables.
Wonder why these dates sold out so quickly? Is there something special going on?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #3644
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwith3boys View Post

wonder why these dates sold out so quickly? Is there something special going on?
mnsshp?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #3645
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post

mnsshp?
No they don't have the Dessert Party during MNSSHP. Which is weird because they have it during the Christmas Party.
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: