Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #3556
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblueyes18 View Post
There was a PP photographer when my then-fiancé and I were there in Nov 2010, but I haven't been since, so they may have changed it?
There has been a PP every time we've been there! Last time 2012.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #3557
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
They changed the location of the Photopass Photographer. They used to be over near the dessert tables. When we were there in April this year, they were located just near the entrance to the party.
I think it s PP preference. I've seen the (same) PP start at one area and move to the other area.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #3558
davebon23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Many have reported booking an extra person then calling and canceling the extra person with no problem.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure we can keep the ressie, even it is only 2 of us and not 3. Still gonna check in case anyone cancels though. Wish me luck! And thanks for this thread, even though I was late at least I got something. Especially after checking since the End of June, every day, all day long!!
Couple times as a kid around 1974 when we lived in FL. All Star Sports 5/98, All Star Movies 11/00, All Star Movies 9/01, Coronado Springs 8/03(BIL's wedding at Disney), Port Orleans French Quarter 2/07, French Quarter 8/11, UPCOMING CBR 9/2013
Me DH DS(18)(OFF TO COLLEGE) DD(16)
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #3559
Magellan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Many have reported booking an extra person then calling and canceling the extra person with no problem.
I couldn't get 2 for Sept 8th so I made a res for 4. I then cancelled two all on the same call.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #3560
bbear400
Earning My Ears

I have spent the last hour and a half dealing with this. Website wouldn't work so I waited 50 minutes on hold to get someone on the phone. I need a reservation for 2 but only reservations for 3 are available. I was told that I cannot drop a person from the reservation, I will lose the entire thing or have to pay for the 3rd person I don't have. I am so frustrated right now. The reason was because I asked if I could cancel the 3rd person. I was told if I hadn't mentioned that I could have but now that they know I am planning that, they won't let me? So if I lied, fine, by asking I lose out. Perfect. I have been trying for 5 years to get this stupid reservation during my trip. At this point I am just over it.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #3561
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbear400
I have spent the last hour and a half dealing with this. Website wouldn't work so I waited 50 minutes on hold to get someone on the phone. I need a reservation for 2 but only reservations for 3 are available. I was told that I cannot drop a person from the reservation, I will lose the entire thing or have to pay for the 3rd person I don't have. I am so frustrated right now. The reason was because I asked if I could cancel the 3rd person. I was told if I hadn't mentioned that I could have but now that they know I am planning that, they won't let me? So if I lied, fine, by asking I lose out. Perfect. I have been trying for 5 years to get this stupid reservation during my trip. At this point I am just over it.
That's ridiculous! Just book the 3rd person as an infant! They are free.... Then drop it from your ressie online! They are not going to remember you!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #3562
bbear400
Earning My Ears

If there is a single traveler out there who wants to sit with us on September 14th, let me know since I have an extra seat. I went ahead and booked it. I will try to cancel one person later and see what happens. The whole thing was so stupid and ticked me off. I could have brought up to like 6 people but they can't allow 2? God forbid they lose $25 I guess.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #3563
bbear400
Earning My Ears

She said about ten times that she wanted to remind me that I reserved for 3 people and any modifications to the reservation would require me to cancel the reservation entirely so I would't doubt that they marked my reservation somehow. You know if the website EVER worked, it would be nice. I tried forever to just book on there which I was going to just book for 3 and drop one later. BUt of course everytime I went through I got the "server busy" error message. I need a another cup of coffee, maybe with a shot of Baileys at this point.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #3564
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbear400 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
That's ridiculous! Just book the 3rd person as an infant! They are free.... Then drop it from your ressie online! They are not going to remember you!
Quote:
If there is a single traveler out there who wants to sit with us on September 14th, let me know since I have an extra seat. I went ahead and booked it. I will try to cancel one person later and see what happens. The whole thing was so stupid and ticked me off. I could have brought up to like 6 people but they can't allow 2? God forbid they lose $25 I guess.
bbear Blessedwith3boys is correct, next time just book 2 A 1 & under 3 then cancel later or show up and just say you did not bring the infant.

I think the problem is the reservation system allows for only 4 two tops at each party at least the night we went that was all I counted. I counted 40 tables so my thought is the max party size must be 160 (4x40)

Max 2 tops 4 etc. Has to be related to a booking number for profit/loss?

If the 40 tables were all 2 tops would only be 80 guests at a venue that could seat 160, makes total sense they limit the number of 2-tops

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #3565
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
She said about ten times that she wanted to remind me that I reserved for 3 people and any modifications to the reservation would require me to cancel the reservation entirely so I would't doubt that they marked my reservation somehow. You know if the website EVER worked, it would be nice. I tried forever to just book on there which I was going to just book for 3 and drop one later. BUt of course everytime I went through I got the "server busy" error message. I need a another cup of coffee, maybe with a shot of Baileys at this point.
I can imagine your frustration, just curious are you using the new site, I know the old site dies not work for the Dessert Party at all and comes up with 500 error or something.

Sending for a great CM when you call to cancel the 3rd person!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #3566
bbear400
Earning My Ears

Yes, I am using the new site.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #3567
barbarachagas
Earning My Ears

I FINALLY managed to get the website working and made my reservation for 2 for sep 16th!!
I don't know what happened... For weeks it wouldn't work and even early this morning I tried many times with no success. And then suddenly it worked.
I didn't want to have to call because I'm in Brazil and a 50 min international call (someone mentioned that's how long they waited) just didn't seem worth it!
Keep trying, guys, and good luck!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #3568
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
We have been running into this problem A LOT. We're a party of 2 and have a lot of issues with reservations unless we book the minute they open. I get the reasoning, but I hate being treated like a second rate citizen just because my SO and I don't have kids.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #3569
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post

We have been running into this problem A LOT. We're a party of 2 and have a lot of issues with reservations unless we book the minute they open. I get the reasoning, but I hate being treated like a second rate citizen just because my SO and I don't have kids.
Amen! We feel this way a lot too. Even when we do go somewhere we are always put at a teeny tiny table somewhere in a corner , right up against a bathroom or something. It's hard to deal with sometimes.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #3570
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

Amen! We feel this way a lot too. Even when we do go somewhere we are always put at a teeny tiny table somewhere in a corner , right up against a bathroom or something. It's hard to deal with sometimes.
I don't know how to edit my post on my IPhone, so I'm just replying to myself, ha! I just wanted to clarify that the one place we've had great tables as a party of two has been the dessert party. They're just hard to get!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: