Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #2641
MACfamily4
Mouseketeer

DD has decided she wants to do another family Disney trip next summer to celebrate her high school graduation. We did the dessert party for the first time last summer and this thread was INVALUABLE in getting the ressie quickly. Best thing ever! Congrats to everyone looking forward to the party. I'll hang around until next May waiting for my window and soak up all the excitement as each month opens.

July 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Wonder; July 2007 All-Star Movies; July 2008 Disney Dolphin; June/July 2009 Wilderness Lodge; June 2011 Coronado Springs; July 2012 Beach Club; June/July 2014 Beach Club; November 2015 Beach Club
Old 06-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #2642
acwaters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
I'm so excited! We have never done the Desert Party and it' s my husbands only request! I'm so glad I won't be stalking alone! What day are you hoping for?
Hoping for Monday Sept. 23rd. It is our last night in Disney and thought it would be an awesome way to end our trip. I have only been to Disney one time so this would be our first desert party too What date do you want?

Only two trips to wdw so far: Oct. 2010 (off site) and Sept. 2013 (POR)!! Can't wait to be back in the world!!! POP here we come
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #2643
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwaters View Post
Hoping for Monday Sept. 23rd. It is our last night in Disney and thought it would be an awesome way to end our trip. I have only been to Disney one time so this would be our first desert party too What date do you want?
Sunday the 22nd! It's our first attempt at the desert party also! I'm nervous because it is the only day that the party is an option for us. I just hope we can all get a ressie!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #2644
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Hoping for a Sept. 4 ADR! It's our first day and would be a fun way to kick start our trip! Just want the peace of mind of getting this final ressie done!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #2645
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Crossing my fingers for Sept 14. It's my birthday and our first night there, and I've never been to the dessert party before. I'm subscribed and will be stalking this thread until reservations are open!

Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #2646
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

So, I'm thinking Monday is the day we need to start checking on Disney's site for a possible opening! Wasn't it June that opened on April the 11th? You never know and I sure don't want to miss it!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #2647
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, I'm thinking Monday is the day we need to start checking on Disney's site for a possible opening! Wasn't it June that opened on April the 11th? You never know and I sure don't want to miss it!
By the way....has anybody already checked? I checked just this morning out of curiosity and it did not say no tables available...it just wouldn't do anything. Did anyone else have this experience?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #2648
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
By the way....has anybody already checked? I checked just this morning out of curiosity and it did not say no tables available...it just wouldn't do anything. Did anyone else have this experience?
I just looked and got the 'no tables available' message. I checked for September 1.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #2649
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsmith View Post
I just looked and got the 'no tables available' message. I checked for September 1.
I checked for 9/1, same result.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #2650
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Take it from someone with experience, this is a monkey on your back!!! First you'll check a couple of times a day, you know, just in case. Then you will start thinking about it more and more: what if today is THE DAY and I'm MISSING IT???! Next thing you know, housework isn't done for weeks, your boss is wondering why you are in the bathroom for hours (chronic kidney stones maybe???), you start setting your alarm for 1.5 hours BEFORE you NORMALLY get up, just so you can be first in line to check!!! It takes over your entire BEING!!!! Then one day, you hit the Search and instead of "no availability" there are actual TIMES listed!!!! You don't know what to do!!! Your heart is racing!! Should you make your reservation first or get over to this thread to post your find??? What to DO!!!!! And then, after you hit that confirm button, do your happy dance, and rejoice with your friends on this thread that it FINALLY HAPPENED, you have a lost, empty feeling.

Yes, it happens to all of us, but you can always get that little monkey back when planning your NEXT trip!!! I feel so close to my fellow August Dessert Party Disers that I feel I need to put them on my Christmas list!!!! Good luck to ALL and may you get EXACTLY the day you want!!!
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
Old 06-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #2651
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post
Take it from someone with experience, this is a monkey on your back!!! First you'll check a couple of times a day, you know, just in case. Then you will start thinking about it more and more: what if today is THE DAY and I'm MISSING IT???! Next thing you know, housework isn't done for weeks, your boss is wondering why you are in the bathroom for hours (chronic kidney stones maybe???), you start setting your alarm for 1.5 hours BEFORE you NORMALLY get up, just so you can be first in line to check!!! It takes over your entire BEING!!!! Then one day, you hit the Search and instead of "no availability" there are actual TIMES listed!!!! You don't know what to do!!! Your heart is racing!! Should you make your reservation first or get over to this thread to post your find??? What to DO!!!!! And then, after you hit that confirm button, do your happy dance, and rejoice with your friends on this thread that it FINALLY HAPPENED, you have a lost, empty feeling.

Yes, it happens to all of us, but you can always get that little monkey back when planning your NEXT trip!!! I feel so close to my fellow August Dessert Party Disers that I feel I need to put them on my Christmas list!!!! Good luck to ALL and may you get EXACTLY the day you want!!!
Yes!!!! First I'm looking at my "Summer Trip 2013" folder like well,,,,, what the heck am I supposed to do now??? Everything my little heart desires has been scheduled, written, checked and double checked....now what do I do? Then I actually get up and walk away from the desk and see the rest of my house and think "oh my God,,,,,how long have I been out??" It's a sickness!! And I love it! Happy planning everyone!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #2652
dwfanatic
DIS Veteran
Proud mommy of a new Disney "souvenir"!

Quote:

OH MY GOD- you have totally put my feelings into writing!!!! I NEVER want to go through this again, however if we like the dessert party and plan another trip to the World in the future, I will be up for another round of self-torture and monkeys riding on my back!!! And I'd send you a Christmas card, too!!
WDW Oct 1998 (off property), May 1999 (ASMo), May 2000(ASMo), May 2001(off property & CSR), August 2001 (ASSp), July 2002 (Off property), December 2002 (ASSp), January 2004 (POP- Cole's first trip!), August 2004 (off property and AK), March/April 2005 (POP), August 2008 (off property and BC), August 2011 (off property), August 2013 (off property) May 2014- Cruising on The Magic- adults only August 2015- B2B cruise on The Dream...with the kiddos Disneyland-- too many times to count!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #2653
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfanatic

OH MY GOD- you have totally put my feelings into writing!!!! I NEVER want to go through this again, however if we like the dessert party and plan another trip to the World in the future, I will be up for another round of self-torture and monkeys riding on my back!!! And I'd send you a Christmas card, too!!
Thats the spirit!!!! Maybe we will have the opportunity to share that monkey once again in the future!!!! :-)
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #2654
jendujka
Earning My Ears

Quote:

HA HA HA!! YES!! AND YOU KEEP DOING IT... It's the same process every time!!
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #2655
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Just checked online for September (wishful thinking) and I get the Donald Duck page not found error! Could they be updating the site with times for September??? Or is the website just rubbish??? Well, I guess we know the answer to that...but I'd like to put a positive spin on things and think that maybe there's hope for an early release for September dates (insert dancing banana...I'm on my phone and it doesn't let me put one on!)

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: