Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #181
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I'm so happy to find out that the Dessert Party doesn't follow the usual 180-days policy! I'm going in May and for the last few weeks I've been playing with the ADR site and was SO disappointed that the party seemed already sold out, even as far as June. I figured it was so popular that people were getting up at 6am on the 180-day window to book it and that I didn't stand a chance. When I happened to notice this thread and realized I still have as much chance as everyone else, I almost cried

I'll be going solo too, so I'm curious about what a PP asked. Is it likely to be an issue booking for 1 person?
I was exactly the same way! I too am going solo in April, and tried to make the reservation, only to find nothing available. Then I discovered this thread!

So now anxiously awaiting the reservations to be opened (hopefully the end of February)!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 12-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #182
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I'll be going solo too, so I'm curious about what a PP asked. Is it likely to be an issue booking for 1 person?
It shouldn't be, but since some people have had issues with booking even 2 people you might have a problem. I'd say if that happens just call to make a reservation so you can talk to someone in person, you shouldn't have any problems then!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #183
jendujka
Earning My Ears

I am starting to think that they are never going to open February. I've even been trying it on different browsers thinking that maybe there was something wrong with stored "cookies" telling me that it's closed. Ugh!
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #184
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendujka View Post
I am starting to think that they are never going to open February. I've even been trying it on different browsers thinking that maybe there was something wrong with stored "cookies" telling me that it's closed. Ugh!
I'm actually starting to think that the rumor a few months back about January being down for refurb was actually February, and they aren't going to open it at all. Boo. At least I didn't mention it to my daughter, it was going to be a surprise, so she has no clue it even exists. If they don't end up opening for February, at least I'll be the only one disappointed!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #185
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Same here! I've booked this party several times over the years since they first started it, and they've never been this late with opening up dates.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the phased in launch of the "My Disney Experience" portion of the website? I was prompted yesterday to convert my account, but couldn't view any past reservations as the servers were down. Today I can see dining reservations, but not the hotel res I have booked.

Maybe once some of these updates are done they'll open Feb??

Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #186
FosterLovesMickey
Ready for Disney......

Quote:
Me too! I check everyday - several times a day...

Me DH DD (13) DD (11)
My Blog: www.fosterlovesmickey.com
Many visits as a child / 1st trip with my husband 1996 (All Star Sports) / 1st trip with my girls Feb 16-23, 2013 (POP Century) /
2nd trip with my girls Feb 21 - March 1, 2014 (POP Century)
Planning for 2015 - Booked room @ POP for 1/23 - 2/1!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #187
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm actually starting to think that the rumor a few months back about January being down for refurb was actually February, and they aren't going to open it at all. Boo. At least I didn't mention it to my daughter, it was going to be a surprise, so she has no clue it even exists. If they don't end up opening for February, at least I'll be the only one disappointed!
Wow,, glad I didnt tell the kids either, I have been trying every day with no luck for feb ressie. They opened Jan on nov 23rd for bookings. Wish disney would inform us.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #188
FosterLovesMickey
Ready for Disney......

Quote:
Originally Posted by teheber View Post
Wow,, glad I didnt tell the kids either, I have been trying every day with no luck for feb ressie. They opened Jan on nov 23rd for bookings. Wish disney would inform us.
Still keeping my fingers crossed - but, it sure is looking dismal at this point

Me DH DD (13) DD (11)
My Blog: www.fosterlovesmickey.com
Many visits as a child / 1st trip with my husband 1996 (All Star Sports) / 1st trip with my girls Feb 16-23, 2013 (POP Century) /
2nd trip with my girls Feb 21 - March 1, 2014 (POP Century)
Planning for 2015 - Booked room @ POP for 1/23 - 2/1!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #189
jendujka
Earning My Ears

I was just thinking about this again today and I'm now wondering: where do they make the desserts for the dessert party? I hope that I'm wrong but if they happen to make the desserts at the Main Street bakery, then we might be out of luck. Has anyone seen the official refurbish dates for the Mainstreet bakery?
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #190
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Is it usually 30 days prior or something that dates open up? We will be there late May. Would love to do this for DDs bday.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #191
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just thinking about this again today and I'm now wondering: where do they make the desserts for the dessert party? I hope that I'm wrong but if they happen to make the desserts at the Main Street bakery, then we might be out of luck. Has anyone seen the official refurbish dates for the Mainstreet bakery?
I had not even thought of this! Ack! I'm still holding out hope, but if they were made there, it would make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Is it usually 30 days prior or something that dates open up? We will be there late May. Would love to do this for DDs bday.
No, it's usually 45 days. January opened a little later than that, but most assumed that was because it was the first month of 2013 bookings. There is a list of when dates opened up and this is pretty late!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #192
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I had not even thought of this! Ack! I'm still holding out hope, but if they were made there, it would make sense...

No, it's usually 45 days. January opened a little later than that, but most assumed that was because it was the first month of 2013 bookings. There is a list of when dates opened up and this is pretty late!
OK, THANKS! I will start checking back Mid March. Good luck to those of you trying to book soon!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #193
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope not. =(

Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #194
MinnMu
Earning My Ears

Oh, I hope not, but that would explain why they aren't releasing the dates. The official Disney blog says that the rehab will start in January and go until "early summer".
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #195
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

I don't believe the bakery actually BAKES anything and it's all made off site (as in a industrial kitchen outside the parks) so MSB being closed will not be the reason there won't be a Dessert Party in February if this turn out to be true.
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: