Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #1606
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDopey View Post
Why do people book for more than are in their party?!
You just took that reservation away from a person who DOES have 3 in their party and now can't get their reservation.
I can't understand why people are so dishonest and will do anything to get what they want.
Drives me as nuts as people who hoard ADRs!!!

Hope you enjoy yourself!
He did that because they did not have any reservations for 2 and I would have done the same if I was him.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #1607
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoneyMoonerz View Post
Thank you so much folks PANIC OVER !!!!

After trying for so long to book this surprise for my beautiful soon to be wife i have just got off the phone to disney and they have booked us in for Fri 17th May 2013 @ 9pm. I have used the infant idea (BOOKED FOR 3) so will cancel the infant on the booking before we go.

Roll on our big day now on 10th May 2013

Once again thank you all for your help very much appreciated.
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! Have a wonderful wedding/honeymoon!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #1608
6packdoesdisney
Trippin' 'Round THE WORLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoneyMoonerz View Post
Thank you so much folks PANIC OVER !!!!

After trying for so long to book this surprise for my beautiful soon to be wife i have just got off the phone to disney and they have booked us in for Fri 17th May 2013 @ 9pm. I have used the infant idea (BOOKED FOR 3) so will cancel the infant on the booking before we go.

Roll on our big day now on 10th May 2013

Once again thank you all for your help very much appreciated.
Yay! Soooo happy for you!
Your new bride will surely appreciate your efforts to surprise and delight her!
I just love a happily ever after ending!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #1609
household6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDopey
You just took that reservation away from a person who DOES have 3 in their party and now can't get their reservation.
I can't understand why people are so dishonest and will do anything to get what they want.

Hope you enjoy yourself!
Why should someone who had been trying and trying be denied because of their party size and someone who comes later get it just because they have one more, possibly non-paying, person? I am a firm believer in "the early bird catches the worm." He found a way to get the worm. I'm happy for him. I hope they have a fabulous honeymoon without anyone making him feel guilty for getting what he deserves.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #1610
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by household6 View Post

Why should someone who had been trying and trying be denied because of their party size and someone who comes later get it just because they have one more, possibly non-paying, person? I am a firm believer in "the early bird catches the worm." He found a way to get the worm. I'm happy for him. I hope they have a fabulous honeymoon without anyone making him feel guilty for getting what he deserves.
Well said and I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #1611
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDopey View Post

Hope you enjoy yourself!
First I want to say enjoy the Dessert Party TheHoneymoonerz!

The Disney reservation system is to blame for this. If a restaurant/event holds a maximum of say 150-160 guests as is the case in the Dessert Party, it allocates say a max of 4 two table tops in the system which are usually quickly snatched up within hours. Over booking in party size and then canceling a person or two later is what one has to do. Party of two is just hard to book anyplace unless you do it right at or near 180 days in the case of ADRs for restaurant. Just speaking from my own expierence in dealing with the Disney Reservation System.

I see nothing wrong with doing it at all.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #1612
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Here's the issue.....tables of 4 are used for groups of 3 and 4. So, if someone says they have 3, but in reality only have 2? They have now taken a larger table out of commission. Instead of Disney making the money from 3 or 4 people, they are getting 2 fewer people at a table they normally put 3 or 4 at.
It's a case of first come, first served. There have been plenty of times I have had to go without an ADR simply because there was not a table for 2 available. I didn't feel right in saying I had more people than I was going to just to be able to get a table. Disney would be completely within their rights to charge for the number of people booked. They held a table for 3, so they should get money for 3.
I booked a table for 2 yesterday, for May 31. Guess I got very lucky.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1613
6packdoesdisney
Trippin' 'Round THE WORLD!

In regards to booking 3 for 2 people.
When the extra guest is canceled, then Disney has another spot to book...these added together do make more tables avaiable to others.
If need be, I would do it too.
It would of course just be better to book the exact number desired, but Disney does not set it up that way.
I am not in the least worried that Disney will miss out on $$ due them!
They will sell every seat...as always!
If the current system was making them lose a $, they'd change it!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #1614
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6packdoesdisney View Post
In regards to booking 3 for 2 people.
When the extra guest is canceled, then Disney has another spot to book...these added together do make more tables avaiable to others.
If need be, I would do it too.
It would of course just be better to book the exact number desired, but Disney does not set it up that way.
I am not in the least worried that Disney will miss out on $$ due them!
They will sell every seat...as always!
If the current system was making them lose a $, they'd change it!
I guess it all depends on when you cancel then. I think I'm just better off not discussing this anymore....
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #1615
figment5
Earning My Ears

I see both sides. I agree someone who gets on early to book should have the right to get an ADR even if they are out of 2 tops and only have 4 tops left. Also having worked at Disney at a restaurant I know that they cannot just create new tables and sell off extra seats. Every restaurant has a certain number of 2 tops, 4 tops, 6 tops, etc. once all the ressies have been taken for all 2 tops that is all there is except to seat them at a bigger table.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #1616
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Here's hoping for June!

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Old 04-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #1617
eeudj
Mouseketeer

Subbing hoping for June 16!!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #1618
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
First I want to say enjoy the Dessert Party TheHoneymoonerz!

The Disney reservation system is to blame for this. If a restaurant/event holds a maximum of say 150-160 guests as is the case in the Dessert Party, it allocates say a max of 4 two table tops in the system which are usually quickly snatched up within hours. Over booking in party size and then canceling a person or two later is what one has to do. Party of two is just hard to book anyplace unless you do it right at or near 180 days in the case of ADRs for restaurant. Just speaking from my own expierence in dealing with the Disney Reservation System.

I see nothing wrong with doing it at all.
We've booked two summer trips around this time, once in 2010 and once just a few weeks ago. I've been able to get almost any ADR I want as two and we like to go to CRT, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, etc. The only ones that I still haven't been able to get are 'Ohana for dinner and BOG for dinner. Otherwise, we've been very happy with our ADRs for two.

Commando #137 at your service!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #1619
sparkylauren
Earning My Ears

Subbing and hoping for an early June reservation.
6/2014 - off site
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #1620
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Here's the issue.....tables of 4 are used for groups of 3 and 4. So, if someone says they have 3, but in reality only have 2? They have now taken a larger table out of commission. Instead of Disney making the money from 3 or 4 people, they are getting 2 fewer people at a table they normally put 3 or 4 at.
It's a case of first come, first served. There have been plenty of times I have had to go without an ADR simply because there was not a table for 2 available. I didn't feel right in saying I had more people than I was going to just to be able to get a table. Disney would be completely within their rights to charge for the number of people booked. They held a table for 3, so they should get money for 3.
I booked a table for 2 yesterday, for May 31. Guess I got very lucky.
Actually, at the dessert party, the tables are round. 1-3 tops are seated at the same size table. 4-6 tops are seated at the same size table. For parties 6+ tables are pulled together, not nearly as comfortable for large parties as square/rectangular tables. I would post pictures, but the tables in the background that show this (I've been as a party of 2 and 6, so...) are not of my family/friends. They are people I don't know and I'm not comfortable plastering pictures of strangers on the Internet.

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: