Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #1576
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Wow! Is that basically the view that everyone gets at the dessert party? Or are the tables several "rows" deep? I'm on the fence on doing the party (first and likely only trip coming in June. DH, DD8, and me...)

I don't like to have to be aggressive to get a good view, so this intrigues me... But I don't want to pay $$ and then still have to be extra territorial for DD to see Tink fly...

Help!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #1577
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post
Wow! Is that basically the view that everyone gets at the dessert party? Or are the tables several "rows" deep? I'm on the fence on doing the party (first and likely only trip coming in June. DH, DD8, and me...)

I don't like to have to be aggressive to get a good view, so this intrigues me... But I don't want to pay $$ and then still have to be extra territorial for DD to see Tink fly...

Help!
The concensus on this thread is that the earlier you make your reservation, the closer your table is to the front. You won't have to fight for a table -- They are assigned beforehand. Your name will be on your table when you walk in. And, you and your daughter can always stand at the rail to get a great view of Tinkerbell, if your table isn't right up front!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #1578
tangled23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
We will be there on the 4th and I'm trying to book this as well. I will stalk this thread with you!
Yay! Fourth of July stalker buddy!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #1579
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post

Help!
I would definitely recommend doing the party if DD wants to see Tinkerbell. She basically flies right over your head when you are at the dessert party.

My DD and I did the dessert party last year for the first time and I will absolutely keep doing it. I hate the whole process of jockeying for position to get a good view. Going to the dessert party completely eliminates that and as a bonus you get to eat AMAZING desserts for an hour!!
6/1986 - Off-Site; 11/1997 - Polynesian; 12/2001 - All Star Sports; 12/2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 12/2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 7/2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 12/2014 - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #1580
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsmith View Post
The concensus on this thread is that the earlier you make your reservation, the closer your table is to the front. You won't have to fight for a table -- They are assigned beforehand. Your name will be on your table when you walk in. And, you and your daughter can always stand at the rail to get a great view of Tinkerbell, if your table isn't right up front!

I can vouch for this theory No sooner did March ressies open up, I booked one...And I was completely shocked when we saw where our table was! My first thought was that the DISboards were right...the earliest bookings get the best tables!!! I will definitely be doing this again. During wishes people did stand at the rail infront of our table, so we too, had to stand up, but the view is great and I have never seen tinkerbell so clear
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1581
Suzanne033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
My first thought was that the DISboards were right...the earliest bookings get the best tables!!!
I completely agree. We booked right away last year for June and we were in the FRONT ROW!!!! While everyone did stand along the rail for Wishes, we got to sit in our seat and enjoy a perfect view of the Castle light show (Memories, Magic & You) prior to the fireworks.

Here is a Youtube video I found of the view of the light show from the Dessert Party: Memories, Magic & You
6/1986 - Off-Site; 11/1997 - Polynesian; 12/2001 - All Star Sports; 12/2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 12/2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 7/2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 12/2014 - Grand Floridian

Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #1582
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsmith View Post

Every time I've been to the Dessert Party, you had to go to the rail to watch. We have had front row tables but with everyone getting up and going to the rail to watch, there is no way you can stay seated and still see.
And since a lot of it is under cover, there is no way for those in the further removed tables to see anything without getting up. But once you get up, it's a great view!!

Just booked May 31 for my dd and myself. A surprise for her. We've done it before and we loved it, so one last time!!! See you guys there!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #1583
Suzanne033

Here's another video of Wishes from the Dessert Party: Wishes Dessert Party

Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #1584
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

I made my reservations as soon as March opened up. My son and I were there twice last week and we sat in the front row both nights (There were four tables of two in the front row). Although there were people standing at the rail, we had a perfect view from our table.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #1585
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
I completely agree. We booked right away last year for June and we were in the FRONT ROW!!!! While everyone did stand along the rail for Wishes, we got to sit in our seat and enjoy a perfect view of the Castle light show (Memories, Magic & You) prior to the fireworks.

Here is a Youtube video I found of the view of the light show from the Dessert Party: Memories, Magic & You
So cool! I've never watched that show all the way true. Is it still going on though? I don't see it on the calendar this May and I recall it ending at DL. My kids would LOVE to see that during the dessert party, they will probably miss the whole dessert part if they can watch MM&Y and Fireworks at the rail.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #1586
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post

So cool! I've never watched that show all the way true. Is it still going on though? I don't see it on the calendar this May and I recall it ending at DL. My kids would LOVE to see that during the dessert party, they will probably miss the whole dessert part if they can watch MM&Y and Fireworks at the rail.
The dessert party is still going in. They do not open reservations until the month before
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #1587
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
The dessert party is still going in. They do not open reservations until the month before
I know that.
I was specifically asking about the castle projection show "The Magic, The Memories, and You" which was linked by a previous poster. See the bolded part of my quote above.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #1588
thejewellfamily
Earning My Ears

Subscribing: Waiting for June

Subscribing please!

Waiting for a June visit the DAY after school lets out. We haven't told our two darling twin daughters yet, going to hold onto that surprise until their 6th birthday in May. We took them at 2 1/2 and can't wait to see the joy on their faces again. Never have been to the Dessert Party. Thought it would be something new and exciting, especially since my kiddos and hubby LOVE chocolate and sweets!

ONLY 65 DAYS!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #1589
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Okay-- you've all almost nearly convinced me that this is something I *MUST* do! My question then is the electrical parade that proceeds Wishes... I'd like DD to see that, too. Can you see it at all from the dessert party? (I admit I haven't searched the route yet...) Or are we looking at doing the electrical parade another night and then heading back to the resort after it? (DD needs her sleep as she's a pretty early riser regardless of what time she goes to bed. Good for arriving for Rope Drop, but not so good for stamina on a loooong and buuuusy week at WDW!)

Thank you for all your help! I guess I'll be stalking the reservation page come May 1st!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #1590
Stefne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin
Okay-- you've all almost nearly convinced me that this is something I *MUST* do! My question then is the electrical parade that proceeds Wishes... I'd like DD to see that, too. Can you see it at all from the dessert party? (I admit I haven't searched the route yet...) Or are we looking at doing the electrical parade another night and then heading back to the resort after it? (DD needs her sleep as she's a pretty early riser regardless of what time she goes to bed. Good for arriving for Rope Drop, but not so good for stamina on a loooong and buuuusy week at WDW!)

Thank you for all your help! I guess I'll be stalking the reservation page come May 1st!
I haven't been to the party but from reading prior posts, it does not appear that the party offers a good view of the parade. You would probably either need to head down and catch the second parade on the street following the party or do the parade on a different night if you don't think you could stay out that late.
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: