Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #1516
CruiseDreamers
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10

Booking Dessert Ressie

I will have 4 adults, 2 children between the ages of 3-9, and 2 just under 2 years old. When making a Dessert Party reservation do I book for 8 or only 6 (4 adults & 2 children)?
CruiseDreamers is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #1517
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(
 
Chuckers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,169

I decided to do it twice while I am there.. got my original for the 11th with my good friend and I just booked my last night, the 14th, solo!

I think it will be a wonderful way to end my trip, since I leave at 9:30 the next morning!
__________________
Chuckers is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #1518
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris family View Post
Does anyone know how many seats available for dessert party ?
It's been reported that the Party seats between 150-160 persons
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1519
Malakaiii
Mouseketeer
 
Malakaiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Parksville, BC, Canada
Posts: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDreamers View Post
I will have 4 adults, 2 children between the ages of 3-9, and 2 just under 2 years old. When making a Dessert Party reservation do I book for 8 or only 6 (4 adults & 2 children)?
Always include the toddlers in your booking for numbers. If you book on the phone, let them know it's 4 adults, 2 children under 10, and 2 babies under 2.
__________________
Lin, mama to Maya (age 2.5)... and a baby BOY on the way in August!
Malakaiii is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #1520
figment5
Earning My Ears
 
figment5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 60

Got ours May 31st!!!!!! 4 adults 2 kids!
figment5 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #1521
gem21
Mouseketeer
 
gem21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
It's been reported that the Party seats between 150-160 persons
This is from the Disney website:
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests

Now granted it's the website, so it could be wrong!
gem21 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #1522
z2akids
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 37

I am a little late in getting back here. I had Dessert Party resrvations for Friday, April 8. When I called for the reservations, the CM told me I got the first reservation for that day. We were a little slow in getting to the dessert party, but we did have a yable in the first row. However because we were a party of 5, we were toward the side. The table wad in a good spot, although we did get up to watch the fireworks.

Plenty of desserts and a nicr variety. They restocked a few times.

We really enjoyed it. But, for the cost for a family of 5 (2 of the kids are Disney adults) I don't k.ow if we would do it again
z2akids is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #1523
Minnie404
Earning My Ears
 
Minnie404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 69

Just got ours-may 7th. Yea. Last night there so hopefully the kids enjoy it.
Minnie404 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #1524
jmarsh
Mouseketeer
 
jmarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
I am a little late in getting back here. I had Dessert Party resrvations for Friday, April 8. When I called for the reservations, the CM told me I got the first reservation for that day. We were a little slow in getting to the dessert party, but we did have a yable in the first row. However because we were a party of 5, we were toward the side. The table wad in a good spot, although we did get up to watch the fireworks.

Plenty of desserts and a nicr variety. They restocked a few times.

We really enjoyed it. But, for the cost for a family of 5 (2 of the kids are Disney adults) I don't k.ow if we would do it again
Thank you for posting this. I hope you had a magical time
__________________
jmarsh is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #1525
Lindymagoo
Earning My Ears
 
Lindymagoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 57

Got our reservation for our first night, (May 7) but now I am wondering if it would be better for our last night?

I would have to give up a BOG ressie for 8:40 on the 11th, although we were just going for appetizers and/or and desert anyway. We were hoping to catch the end of the fireworks, but it sounds like it would be too rushed. How long do the fireworks last? Ugh! I can't decide!

Wait! I think Wishes doesn't start till 10:00, so I won't have to give up BOG! Yay!
__________________
Lindymagoo is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #1526
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer
 
kirkaliciasmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manteca, ca
Posts: 358

I'm happy you're all getting your dates. I hope that happens in June too. Can't wait for it to open up!
__________________
Diana



kirkaliciasmom is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #1527
miraclejen
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9

I just managed to snag a reservation for May. I was given a time of 9:10 pm. My daughter is in a wheelchair and visually impaired. I am nervous we will be seated in the back and she won't be able to see the fireworks. Do they have a wheelchair area? Thanks!
miraclejen is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #1528
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(
 
Chuckers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclejen View Post
I just managed to snag a reservation for May. I was given a time of 9:10 pm. My daughter is in a wheelchair and visually impaired. I am nervous we will be seated in the back and she won't be able to see the fireworks. Do they have a wheelchair area? Thanks!
[removed my information because the set-up has changed since I went and I don't want to promote outdated information]

I would call Disney Dining and ask them what they suggest about requesting a special spot/table.
__________________

Last edited by Chuckers; 04-01-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: removed outdated info.
Chuckers is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #1529
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran
 
Hunclemarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,030

It's only one level now. Check out the pictures on my first thread in my signature....unless they changed again in the past year. I'm guessing you might be able to get a spot near the railing where the photo pass photographer is for viewing, but ask a cast member, they may have options

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #1530
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(
 
Chuckers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
It's only one level now. Check out the pictures on my first thread in my signature....unless they changed again in the past year. I'm guessing you might be able to get a spot near the railing where the photo pass photographer is for viewing, but ask a cast member, they may have options

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wow.. that's a major change from when I went! Thank you for correcting my information.
__________________
Chuckers is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: