Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
TXMouseketeer
Earning My Ears

Is BOG the new CRT?

I planned my first Disney trip in 2009, and the one big thing I saw repeatedly was book CRT ASAP. Call at 7:00 AM and take what you can get.

Now when I'm on the reservation page, there seem to be plenty of CRT times available (I got mine well after my 180+10 date), but BOG has nothing.

I'm sure it's because BOG's new, but it appears CRT is not as difficult to get anymore.
TXMouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMouseketeer View Post
I planned my first Disney trip in 2009, and the one big thing I saw repeatedly was book CRT ASAP. Call at 7:00 AM and take what you can get.

Now when I'm on the reservation page, there seem to be plenty of CRT times available (I got mine well after my 180+10 date), but BOG has nothing.

I'm sure it's because BOG's new, but it appears CRT is not as difficult to get anymore.
It's just the new thing right now. I don't think it's really comparable to CRT since it's so different, but it's definitely the to do reservation. Since they only accept reservations for dinner it's more difficult to get.

Once the hype dies down I imagine CRT will go right back up there in difficulty!
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMouseketeer View Post

CRT's difficulty level also declined a bit b/c of several factors...

1. In late 2010, all 3 meals at CRT were turned into princess meals. I know dinner was previously non-princess, but by making all 3 meals a princess meal- they reduced the demand.
2. Disney changed the ADR system to prevent double booking, and while some people utilize questionable methods to get around this restriction- it has helped cut down on the excess ADRs people were booking.
3. CRT became a pay in full at time of booking meal. Considering the price of CRT, this has cut down drastically on the number of excess bookings.

BOG is less than a year old and that's part of the luster, but the food is also good and the setting is very cool. While I still prefer the setting of CRT, BOG also has a lot of WOW factor (and I mean- A LOT) and I think the dinner food at BOG is much better than the dinner food at CRT. The beer and wine at BOG dinner also adds to the appeal. But as the PP noted, it's only open for dinner...and even though it's huge and can accommodate way more people than CRT...being dinner only certainly makes it a harder to get meal.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
elisabeth1106
Earning My Ears

I think it totally is
elisabeth1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

BoG isn't only open for dinner, it's just that lunch is counter-service and reservations are not taken for it.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
loveDisneyinTN
Earning My Ears

Another reason that BOG is so popular, aside from the obvious reasons already stated, is that it only takes 1 meal credit for those on the dining plan vs. CRT using up two.

Disney Trips-as a baby in 1982, Feb 1999 CBR, Sept. 2007 OFFSITE, April 2011 POP, April 2012 ALL STAR SPORTS, January 2013 ALL STAR SPORTS, September 2013 All Star Movies, March 2014 CBR

loveDisneyinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDisneyinTN View Post
Another reason that BOG is so popular, aside from the obvious reasons already stated, is that it only takes 1 meal credit for those on the dining plan vs. CRT using up two.
And that you don't have to pay the full meal in advance....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: