Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
I agree.

I think they should hand out WISPS at the end of meals, as well.

Ever been stuck in line with someone with butt-breath? It's not fun.
So funny.
julsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #17
wahoostampingirl
DIS Veteran

We drive down in our mini van and my dh laughs at how much stuff I bring. Yes, I bring the hand soap pumps, clorox wipes, and the over the door shoe holder. I also bring a drying rack because there are never enough towel bars. Last trip, my dh brought the Keurig coffee maker and I brought a crockpot (we stay in a condo or townhouse).

I also bring extra ziploc bags and trashbags, as these always come in handy.
wahoostampingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Just to add some levity to a potentially tense thread....

The other day my husband dropped a fabric softener sheet on the floor and the dog came running over to it and started to lay down and roll on it.

So I guess we all know which way he is voting in the Fragrance/NO fragrance debate.

~NM
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
YOu know what I always always find funny on these scent threads.

People swoon and drool over all the smells at WDW....Soarin, Cookies on Main Street, the Poly lobby YET...

The hotel room, anything used in the hotel room - before they even arrived - will give them instant headaches and breathing troubles.

Just a strange observation.
Only strange to someone unfamiliar with people with respiratory problems.

Not all 'smells' trigger asthmatic reactions. And most asthmatics are fine in the open air as long as there isn't a high particulate load to which they are allergic. I'm usually fine outside as long as there isn't a lot of smoke in the air. And I'm fine inside the Poly lobby- a high volume space with good air circulation. But I can't go near the sales shop in Norway or France because of their perfume counters. Same thing with department store cosmetics departments. But I can hang in a food court all day.

But put an asthmatic in a small room with poor air circulation and a high load of aerosolized particles (as in room fresheners, perfume) and you've got trouble. I don't love the smell of some hotel rooms either- but I equally don't want to have to inhale the stuff that you sprayed all over the place the day before I got there.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldnít move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Only strange to someone unfamiliar with people with respiratory problems.

Not all 'smells' trigger asthmatic reactions. And most asthmatics are fine in the open air as long as there isn't a high particulate load to which they are allergic. I'm usually fine outside as long as there isn't a lot of smoke in the air. And I'm fine inside the Poly lobby- a high volume space with good air circulation. But I can't go near the sales shop in Norway or France because of their perfume counters. Same thing with department store cosmetics departments. But I can hang in a food court all day.

But put an asthmatic in a small room with poor air circulation and a high load of aerosolized particles (as in room fresheners, perfume) and you've got trouble. I don't love the smell of some hotel rooms either- but I equally don't want to have to inhale the stuff that you sprayed all over the place the day before I got there.
I have asthma.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julsmom View Post
Just back from DL but this goes for WDW too. I now pack an unopened liquid hand soap & a room scent/ decorative type air freshener. The soap is so much nicer to use at the sink in comparison to the bars. I dont bring it home. Just toss it. As for the air freshener, I cannot stand how hotel rooms smell. Totally worth it to bring these 2 small extras.

Other than that, my most favorite hotel room tool is my over-the-door shoe organizer. I hang it over the closet rod and use it to hold all my bathroom supplies from toothpaste, brushes, deodorant. Almost everything. Keeps the bathroom so much tidier.
Gee original poster, I appreciate your personal tips you use on your vacation. I like threads that are about sharing ideas.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julsmom View Post
Gee original poster, I appreciate your personal tips you use on your vacation. I like threads that are about sharing ideas.
And others are sharing their ideas-they just don't happen to agree with yours.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #23
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Which is why I'll be in a tent sleeping on my own pillows and lying on my own sheets. Sweet perfume makes me slightly nauseous and gives me a headache. My dearly beloved sister said I only liked scents that smelled like decaying leaves and woods. LOL's! When we were at CBR in 2007 it didn't seem I was in the room long enough to notice scents and the times I was inside the room I was knocked out in a dead sleep or getting ready to leave,

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Tented1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #24
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Arguing about air fresheners = spoiled Disney problems. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I should clarify though, I bring the cone type of air scent or glade decorative whatnot. Not anything permanent.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #25
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I have to say that I bring the spray too because I like a fresh smelling room, and bathroom.

One of my favorite things that I always take is a power strip. They are great to put on the table to charge cell phones, batteries for cameras and everything else in one spot.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #26
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Let go & let god as my girlfriend would say. Birth a sweet little tip thread for it to be devoured by the lions. Give it to the world and see what it does with it. Def not a winner. Poor little thread. Didn't even see it coming.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
SPAM
DIS Veteran

Any other packing tips not related to the air freshener?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I have to say that I bring the spray too because I like a fresh smelling room, and bathroom.

One of my favorite things that I always take is a power strip. They are great to put on the table to charge cell phones, batteries for cameras and everything else in one spot.
Ok seriously power strip is brilliant. Gold star. I'm writing that down. I've always got chargers everywhere.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
julsmom
DIS Veteran

I think it's gross to take your home toothbrushes on vacation and bring them back after. Do people do that? I take cheapie unopened ones & throw them out when we leave.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
Ed J
Removing my ears

Location: Near the beach in NJ, not the shore, tourists call it the shore. You know, right where Sandy made landfall.

Febreese renusit glad and any other of those products that make stuff smell "better" are loaded with the same VOC's that other product manufacturers are spending boat loads of money to get out of there products.

Ever see a paint company tout there product as low VOC? Or a rug manufacturer?

The very chemicals they are removing from their products are being put right back in many homes (or hotels as presented here) when people pump the handel of that bottle or open that "air freshner".

Air changes clean the air not chemicals to mask an odor.

Not on a soap box, but most people just don't know, and given the option, people stop using the VOC's.
11/11 (Jersey week) Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve & POR
8/09 Grand Californian Hotel 11/10 (Jersey week) Marriott's Cypress Harbour & Holiday Inn @ DTD
11/08 (Jersey week) Marriott's Cypress Harbour & The Crown Plaza Universal
11/04 (Jersey week) Cypress Pointe 11/06 (Jersey week) Marriott's Horizons & The Nick
11/00 (Jersey week) Holiday inn ~ Now the Nick 11/02 (Jersey week) Marriott's Grande Vista
3/1989 Pineapple Peteís Hawaiian Retreat 11/1997 Embassy Suites

Iím not good at many things, but 1 thing Iím very good at is going on vacation
Ed J is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: