Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #1351
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Awesome pics rentayenta

Thanks! I can't tell if I'm putting people to sleep so thanks for posting.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #1352
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I wanted to pass on that real progress is finally being made on the rebuild.

This is the view from the garage door. Loren was in the bottom floor room and Scotty's and my heads were next to the wall on the upper floor.

This was where our front door had been.

And for your viewing pleasure one of the wandering birds from the neighborhood we are staying in right now.

Scotty does duathlons. Or he did until he lost all of his bicycles. Hopefully by next week I will be able to get him on a bike again. It has been really rough for him to be away from the bicycle.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #1353
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Nice to see progress, Michele. Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #1354
rentayenta

I hope he gets on a bike soon too Michele. That bird is gorgeous. Does it just roam around?

Glad to see some progress too. I know a new home will never take away the pain of what happened but you're all safe and sound and will have a beautiful new home to enjoy very soon.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #1355
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Sorry friend, I thought I replied and then realized you didn't reply.....
Hey, that's my line!

Quote:
I could never forget margaritas and rum drinks. Michael cycles too, triathlete, so I'm sure they'll have loads in common. I'm always up for a decent hike or swim, any water activity really. I'm not a big runner though. I feel like my heart is going to snap out of my chest, I can speed walk like the dickens though.
Oh I can relate. Unfortunately I am being "forced" into running for a variety of reasons. I've gone through my stages of grief and denial and am now in the acceptance phase. Long story......

I suck at it though!

Although I had a VERY amusing thing happen on tonight's run.

I have Zero concerns about those two hitting it off. zero. M is far more outgoing but Jeff adapts pretty darn well.

Quote:

Gabby is now saying she wants to take a trip with her friends for graduation. I'm not sure how I feel about that right now. I want to go on a Disney cruise for her graduation. Maybe I can so that and then throw a little girls' trip her way? It certainly won't be like my HS grad trip to Mazatlan.
Nice! I did a road trip to San Fran with my bestie, I can understand wanting a bit of both...friends trip and family last hurrah.

God though I will be a basket case if my kids do a trip like that, I think about it now...2 18yr old girls, crappy car, pre-cell phone....driving in peak CA heat...

And yes we did have a car breakdown...

I wouldn't trade that trip for the world but wow, cannot stomach the idea as a parent. Thank god for cell phones!!!!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #1356
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nice to see progress, Michele. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. I wanted to make sure I shared with you all.

Quote:
I hope he gets on a bike soon too Michele. That bird is gorgeous. Does it just roam around?

Glad to see some progress too. I know a new home will never take away the pain of what happened but you're all safe and sound and will have a beautiful new home to enjoy very soon.
Jenny,

The progress of seeing it all being cleared away has been medicine to us all. Now the squatters that were living in there are gone at least. That is just one of many peacocks that live in the area. There was a woman that had them as pets years ago here in town. When she died and her will was read she had left all of her property to the city and the Girls Scouts. But only if the peacocks were allowed to live and roam freely. So this neighborhood is a wild preserve.

I am now in the process of picking things out. I am deciding on cabinets. I believe that I want white cabinets, with a sandy colored granite counter tops with the walls being a medium light aqua color. Giving it an all over beachy feel. Any thoughts?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #1357
rentayenta

Sorry I am such a slacker girls. M is traveling so I'm solo parenting. I don't even have Gabby here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Hey, that's my line!

Its a very good line.

Quote:
Oh I can relate. Unfortunately I am being "forced" into running for a variety of reasons. I've gone through my stages of grief and denial and am now in the acceptance phase. Long story......

Do tell. I hope it's nothing serious but I'd love to hear how you stay motivated.

Quote:
I suck at it though!

Although I had a VERY amusing thing happen on tonight's run.
What happened on your run?

Quote:
I have Zero concerns about those two hitting it off. zero. M is far more outgoing but Jeff adapts pretty darn well.

M is social once you know him if that makes sense. I am by far the most outgoing of the two of us. Or maybe I should say, I make 99% of the effort. Once plans are set, he's fine to show up and engage.

Quote:
Nice! I did a road trip to San Fran with my bestie, I can understand wanting a bit of both...friends trip and family last hurrah.

God though I will be a basket case if my kids do a trip like that, I think about it now...2 18yr old girls, crappy car, pre-cell phone....driving in peak CA heat...
I agree, it's sort of freaking me out. I already know she's going to ask to road trip to CO next summer or this Spring Break. We did it and lived but I swear it was a lot more mellow when we were kids.

Hopefully we can do the cruise and she can do a little Spring Break trip with her friends her senior year.

Quote:
And yes we did have a car breakdown...

I wouldn't trade that trip for the world but wow, cannot stomach the idea as a parent. Thank god for cell phones!!!!

You did? Did your folks flip?

And thank G-d for cell phones. Except when no answers theirs. Seriously all 5 of us have one and the only who to consistently answer or know where hers is is Gabby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thank you. I wanted to make sure I shared with you all.

Jenny,

The progress of seeing it all being cleared away has been medicine to us all. Now the squatters that were living in there are gone at least. That is just one of many peacocks that live in the area. There was a woman that had them as pets years ago here in town. When she died and her will was read she had left all of her property to the city and the Girls Scouts. But only if the peacocks were allowed to live and roam freely. So this neighborhood is a wild preserve.

I am now in the process of picking things out. I am deciding on cabinets. I believe that I want white cabinets, with a sandy colored granite counter tops with the walls being a medium light aqua color. Giving it an all over beachy feel. Any thoughts?

I am so happy Michele that the healing process is beginning. I know it was such a terrible loss.

Your colors sounds great. We have a nautical/beachy feel to our living room. We used a darker blue, navy, though for some accent walls and our main color is a sandy taupe. I'll have to post a pic. I think there is one a few pages back.

I bet you're having fun picking everything out.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #1358
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Michele, I'm glad things are progressing. That's got to be somewhat of a good feeling.

Hang in there Jenny!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #1359
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Michele, I'm glad things are progressing. That's got to be somewhat of a good feeling.

Hang in there Jenny!

I'm good though though I think I'd be better if Michael would stop sending me beach photos from the shoot in Mantauk; yacht club, beaches, etc.... I suppose it's my fault for asking. I did send him one back of the neighbors tractor. And one of chicken poop.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1360
rentayenta

I'm not going to apologize for the delay in updates. Its summer. We're all in the same boat.

All of the following photos were taken with my cell phone. You can practically see the steam radiate off of some of them, it was HOT today.

After Splash, we were starving. The plan was to go back to the villa and make lunch but as you all know I love Tony's. Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney movie. The decor is so great and we like the food. It's not great but it's good and it's better than cooking. My family enjoys Tony's a lot. The service is always good and they don't get all wigged out about older kids ordering off the kids' menu or sharing entrees. They're very chill.

I walked up and there was maybe a 10 minute wait which was perfect as it gave us time to wonder around inside and check things out. I like the little photography store right there.

At the check in podium. Are they not the cutest things ever?!

Hungry kids with the Country Bears:

Did I say I missed Gabby because I take it back. Look at her face in this photo. Beast.

We were sat within 10 minutes and got out favorite table by the fountain:

Our server was on it. We all ordered waters. It was the hottest day we had or at least it felt like it.

Gabby and Kayla shared the cannelloni:

Joshua and I shared the spaghetti and meatballs:

We also got 2 orders of calamari but I didn't get a photo.

Chloe got the mini sliders and ate every bite:

Michael got the strip steak, sorry, no photo.

Lunch was delicious and leisurely. We shared a few orders of cannoli for dessert.

We walked out of Tony's and onto Main St. People had started lining up because guess what? It was time for the parade! I swear I didn't plan it but it couldn't have worked out better.

We snagged a great seat. I can't believe we were so lucky.

Is that major pixie dust or what?

Continued in next post....

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-20-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #1361
rentayenta

Within minutes the parade started. The following are all of parade. I do love a parade. I can't ever get anyone but Joshua to suffer through them with me but today, the little buggars had no choice.

The parade was fantastic as usual.

We headed back to AKV via the bus from MK and you'll never guess what we did when we got back.

Go ahead, guess.

You know you want to.

We'll play a game. It's a fill in the blanks game. Ready?

The girls decided to ___ while Michael, Joshua, and I headed to the ____.

Here's a clue:

Yes, that's right, the girls decided to nap while Michael, Joshua, and I headed to the pool. I know, you're shocked.

You're probably wondering why Michael and I don't relax? Believe it or not, this is relaxing. Being able to disconnect from the real world and just breathe is totally relaxing. We're lucky in that we're both able to power down and really block it all out the minute we get the airport.

So to the pool we went. It was another lovely afternoon and Joshua had a blast.

Here are a few more pics:

On the way back I wanted to find the gym, not that I was going to use it, but wanted to see it anyway. Here it is. I didn't even open the door. I didn't want my body to get tricked into thinking I was actually going to exercise on vacation.

We got back to villa to find the girls OUT as in sacked out asleep. Losers.

To be continued........

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-22-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #1362
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Do tell. I hope it's nothing serious but I'd love to hear how you stay motivated.
Basically due to injuries I've had to give up other things (cycling, zumba and pilates specifically) and unless I want to lose my mind on the darn elliptical..I have to do something. Much as I love to hike, it's not a practical multiple times a week activity and running is. Practical that is.

Quote:
What happened on your run?
I stopped to turn off my gps as it was bouncing all over the place and making me crazy. Some guy turned into the street I was on to ask for directions and then asked me out for coffee.

It was hysterical. After a day almost in tears after visits looking for underwear I'm not allergic to, it did give me a small boost.

Must have been the ridiculously expensive tank top that I'm not allergic to. Ok granted, it wasn't any more than most of my others that I now have to get rid of but those had support IN them...this was that much for no support.

But I have to admit, probably worth every penny. Coolest fabric ever. Need more but on the cost to get more.

Quote:
M is social once you know him if that makes sense. I am by far the most outgoing of the two of us. Or maybe I should say, I make 99% of the effort. Once plans are set, he's fine to show up and engage.
2 peas in a pod, Jeff is the same way.

Quote:
I agree, it's sort of freaking me out. I already know she's going to ask to road trip to CO next summer or this Spring Break. We did it and lived but I swear it was a lot more mellow when we were kids.

Hopefully we can do the cruise and she can do a little Spring Break trip with her friends her senior year.
I don't know why spring break scares me more than a summer road trip...but it does. I think of my college spring break trips and

the summer post HS one was SO much more tame in comparison, even with the driving all the way to CA and back.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #1363
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Fantastic pictures of Tony. What would you recommend to eat there?

Glad that you enjoyed the pool time. And what a great seat to view the parade from.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #1364
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Basically due to injuries I've had to give up other things (cycling, zumba and pilates specifically) and unless I want to lose my mind on the darn elliptical..I have to do something. Much as I love to hike, it's not a practical multiple times a week activity and running is. Practical that is.
I applaude you for finding new activities. Its hard to give up things you love especially things like exercise which isn't all that fun to begin with. I've wanted to try Zumba but I am so painfully uncoordinated. I would look like a hot mess for sure.

Quote:
I stopped to turn off my gps as it was bouncing all over the place and making me crazy. Some guy turned into the street I was on to ask for directions and then asked me out for coffee.
Nothing wrong with being hit on. Good for you. You're a hot mama!

Quote:
It was hysterical. After a day almost in tears after visits looking for underwear I'm not allergic to, it did give me a small boost.
I am so sorry your allergy is so intense. Swimwear must be hard to find too? Does your alergy flare up at certain times or is it constant?

Quote:
Must have been the ridiculously expensive tank top that I'm not allergic to. Ok granted, it wasn't any more than most of my others that I now have to get rid of but those had support IN them...this was that much for no support.
I can't wear tanks without support. Even with a great $50 VS bra, I prefer tanks with suuport but I'm sure the stretchy irritates your skin. I have to hold mine up with something akin to the great wall of china.

Quote:
2 peas in a pod, Jeff is the same way.

I think that's a fairly typical men/women dynamic. Most of my friends do the planning for their families too. The men just show up, pay the tab, hook up the boat, pitch the tent, whatever.

Quote:
I don't know why spring break scares me more than a summer road trip...but it does. I think of my college spring break trips and

the summer post HS one was SO much more tame in comparison, even with the driving all the way to CA and back.

Mine too. All of it scares me. When I was Gabby's age (16) my best friends and I went to Catalina Island for 4 nights, unsupervised, during Spring Break. Can you imagine? We were in High School. Oh the stuff we did. And for HS graduation I went with my friends to Mazatlan for a week. It was crazy fun but the thought of my children doing that scares me. I can't even begin to think about any of them partying like I did during my undergrad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Fantastic pictures of Tony. What would you recommend to eat there?

Glad that you enjoyed the pool time. And what a great seat to view the parade from.

We really like Tony's. I know it gets a lot of bad reviews but we think it's good and the location cannot be beat. We have enjoyed everything we've tried. The sliders were really good; Chloe is the pickiest in the family and she loved them. We like their calamari, spaghetti and meatballs, and their Strip steak is always cooked perfectly. The girls enjoyed their cannelloni. I didn't try it but they ate it all and even sopped up the sauce with their bread sticks. Their Caesar Salad is good and not too heavy on the dressing. Some places put too much dressing on. Their shrimp scampi is also yum!

The only other Italian we've had at WDW was Mama Melrose and we like Tony's more.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1365
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Lunch looked lovely. At some stage I really have to visit Tony's as the whole restaurant was outfitted by Ducky Williams. This looks like the perfect spot to watch the parade.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: