Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #1246
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
We are. I wouldn't mind just having the QS since it is free but dh really enjoys the TS so we are just paying the difference. He enjoys not having to worry about anything while we are there and I enjoy not listening to him complain how much everything is. It makes for much more peaceful vacation. I am going to order the bread service for sure.

Sounds like a great plan. We haven't done the DDP in years but I liked it enough when the kids were still kids. And anything that stops the DH's from complaining is a winner in my book. Is the cost difference between free QS and the regular DDP with TS that much?

You must get the bread service, it's so good.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #1247
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
i'm thinking we appreciate some of the same vacation qualities. Next time we all go at the same time, we should try to do a couple's only dinner.

Yes we should! We definitely appreciate many of the same things.

Quote:
The bread service is another best kept secret though I'm not sure how secret it is. It's actually a value.

Strolling around the WS sounds nice too. I think we'll do that if we ever stay at an Epcot resort. I love the resort night caps though because then all I have to do is haul by buzzed self back to the villa.

Weren't the goggles fun? I got a kick out of them.
We often just end up on or verandah for our nightcap But strollling around hand in hand with a slushie at the end of the evening, sans kids, is pretty darn magical too.

I actually didn't get to try the goggles. It was super busy and the kids had to share and they had to wipe in between....I just enjoyed watching them enjoy it!
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #1248
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yes we should! We definitely appreciate many of the same things.

It'd be so fun not that we're ever going back to WDW. I can't see us going back as a family until 2016. We're trying to plan Zihuatanejo, Mexico for a belated anniversary gift during next February. Gabby's cruise will be in 2015, either during Spring Break or summer and will be 100% price dependent. I'm trying to hint at a WDW/cruise combo. She's not taking the bait yet.

Quote:
We often just end up on or verandah for our nightcap But strollling around hand in hand with a slushie at the end of the evening, sans kids, is pretty darn magical too.

You love your verandahs. That sounds very nice too, even more relaxing than WS. WS seems like it'd be kinda romantic at night too, without kids. One of these trips......

Speaking of, your Aulani trip is getting closer!

Quote:
I actually didn't get to try the goggles. It was super busy and the kids had to share and they had to wipe in between....I just enjoyed watching them enjoy it!

Was I supposed to wipe them off? We didn't and must have all sorts of cooties.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #1249
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'd love to see your pictures of Zihuatanejo!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #1250
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Moving into a house tomorrow!! No more hotel!! House bound!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #1251
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'd love to see your pictures of Zihuatanejo!

I PMd you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

That's GREAT news Michele, I'm truly so happy for you. Tell us about the house.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #1252
PrincessInOz
in

Thanks!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #1253
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Congrats, Kaoden.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1254
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
It'd be so fun not that we're ever going back to WDW. I can't see us going back as a family until 2016. We're trying to plan Zihuatanejo, Mexico for a belated anniversary gift during next February. Gabby's cruise will be in 2015, either during Spring Break or summer and will be 100% price dependent. I'm trying to hint at a WDW/cruise combo. She's not taking the bait yet.
I hear you there! After our 2013/14 NYE trip...I honestly don't know when we will be back as a family. Maybe in 2015 but we may well (probably) do Aulani then. I am leaning towards DL with each boy separately though in 2014 and 15. My parents are taking each for a week and I thought I'd take the other one to DL during that time, or for part of it, which is likely to be spring break both years. Then in 2016 both will be headed to Ireland so realistically as a family it could be 2017 for WDW Which seems NUTS so I'm sure I will figure out something else between now and then.

Quote:

You love your verandahs. That sounds very nice too, even more relaxing than WS. WS seems like it'd be kinda romantic at night too, without kids. One of these trips......

Speaking of, your Aulani trip is getting closer!
We are verandah, patio, lanai, deck, balcony, junkies. No 2 ways about it. The debates around here lately are..."should we pack the Tervis?"

answer is...yes, if there is room.

12 days!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Was I supposed to wipe them off? We didn't and must have all sorts of cooties.
We only had to as they were making folks take turns...I imagine if it was just you and the kids and no line up for folks it wouldn't be an issue

Quote:
So happy for you.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #1255
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Top Ramen is good. LOL and it is worth it.
I loved the lanterns outside of Kidani.
Sanaa is one of my top 3 places in WDW.
I feel the same way about buying DVC.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #1256
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Congrats Michelle! I hope the house plans are coming along so you're not out for too long.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #1257
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
I PMd you.

That's GREAT news Michele, I'm truly so happy for you. Tell us about the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Congrats, Kaoden.
Quote:
I hear you there! After our 2013/14 NYE trip...I honestly don't know when we will be back as a family. Maybe in 2015 but we may well (probably) do Aulani then. I am leaning towards DL with each boy separately though in 2014 and 15. My parents are taking each for a week and I thought I'd take the other one to DL during that time, or for part of it, which is likely to be spring break both years. Then in 2016 both will be headed to Ireland so realistically as a family it could be 2017 for WDW Which seems NUTS so I'm sure I will figure out something else between now and then.

We are verandah, patio, lanai, deck, balcony, junkies. No 2 ways about it. The debates around here lately are..."should we pack the Tervis?"

12 days!!!!!!!!!!

We only had to as they were making folks take turns...I imagine if it was just you and the kids and no line up for folks it wouldn't be an issue

So happy for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Congrats Michelle! I hope the house plans are coming along so you're not out for too long.

Thank you everyone. I was without internet for a day and without a cell phone for a while there too. The house is good for the most part but it sure isn't home. The insurance company has furnished the house completely. Well, they actually had a company take care of it. But the owner still needs to take care of several things for us. I love the layout of the house and I have never seen a house with so much cupboard or closet space.

If they ever finish analyzing our contents in our house the clean up crew will pull it all out. Then the gutting of the inside begins. We are down to two contractors on the house and that is nice. And it is tough at the same time. I like both contractors. Now I think it is all going to be down to who makes me the most comfortable. The hard part is I like them both.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #1258
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Top Ramen is good. LOL and it is worth it.
I loved the lanterns outside of Kidani.
Sanaa is one of my top 3 places in WDW.
I feel the same way about buying DVC.

Add a scrambled egg and it's a gourmet soup. We've got chickens so the eggs are freeee!
The lanterns are great. We've incorporated the latern look on our mantel and on our deck.
I can see why you love Sanaa, it's amazing. I'm glad it's sort of under the radar.
DVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Quote:
Thank you everyone. I was without internet for a day and without a cell phone for a while there too. The house is good for the most part but it sure isn't home. The insurance company has furnished the house completely. Well, they actually had a company take care of it. But the owner still needs to take care of several things for us. I love the layout of the house and I have never seen a house with so much cupboard or closet space.

If they ever finish analyzing our contents in our house the clean up crew will pull it all out. Then the gutting of the inside begins. We are down to two contractors on the house and that is nice. And it is tough at the same time. I like both contractors. Now I think it is all going to be down to who makes me the most comfortable. The hard part is I like them both.

I'm glad you like the rental even though it's not home. Much better than a hotel though.

Thats a tough choice. Because you like them both equally, can you get references?

Quote:

I love the idea of you taking each boy on a trip to Disneyland during Spring Break. The GCV are extremely difficult to get, even right at the 7 month mark, so I'll send you loads of We've been lucky a few times. We've not been able to book after the 6 month though.

Ireland?

I love that I'm not the only who plans 4 years out.

I have full faith you'll figure out a way to squeeze a family trip to WDW in before 2017.

We did decided to go to Zihua, Mexico next winter. Here's the condo. We're going with our dear friends. http://www.vrbo.com/116383

This does mean that Disneyland over Christmas is 99% not going to happen.

We may cancel Vegas this summer because this trip will be to celebrate our anniversary. It's just a little delayed. It'll mean I'll go on the cruise with Joshua and then two weeks later go to Mexico. It seems a little extravagant for me and I was debating moving the cruise to early december but we chose our week in January as it's the start of the term. The beginning is far easier to make up than the end.

Quote:

I hear ya! We are also view junkies.

Quote:
12 days!!!!!!!!!!

Now like 10 days! Are you beyond excited?

Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #1259
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I love the idea of you taking each boy on a trip to Disneyland during Spring Break. The GCV are extremely difficult to get, even right at the 7 month mark, so I'll send you loads of We've been lucky a few times. We've not been able to book after the 6 month though.

If it is Spring Break and I do it at 7m, I should be ok as our dates are later than most. (April 21st). But it could be difficult for sure. Either way we'd stay on property, 3-4 nights but would maybe do a cash booking if I needed to as an alternative.

Quote:
Ireland?

I love that I'm not the only who plans 4 years out.

I have full faith you'll figure out a way to squeeze a family trip to WDW in before 2017.
I hope so !

Yes, Ireland. Their school goes every 4 years for marching band and that will be their year. Assuming they stick with it but I can't see that changing. Eric will be a Freshman and Evan a Junior. So between that and my folks taking each boy on their "14th" birthday trip I have to plan around those factors.

Quote:
We did decided to go to Zihua, Mexico next winter. Here's the condo. We're going with our dear friends. http://www.vrbo.com/116383

This does mean that Disneyland over Christmas is 99% not going to happen.

We may cancel Vegas this summer because this trip will be to celebrate our anniversary. It's just a little delayed. It'll mean I'll go on the cruise with Joshua and then two weeks later go to Mexico. It seems a little extravagant for me and I was debating moving the cruise to early december but we chose our week in January as it's the start of the term. The beginning is far easier to make up than the end.
That looks wonderful! Is it an adult only trip? Moving the cruise to Dec would likely ramp up the price quite a bit I'd think and I totally agree on the start of the term thinking. The boys will miss 2 days of school for our NYE trip. It's not start of term but the 1st 2 days after vacation aren't usually awful and they will have the rest of that week to catch up.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #1260
rentayenta

Quote:
If it is Spring Break and I do it at 7m, I should be ok as our dates are later than most. (April 21st). But it could be difficult for sure. Either way we'd stay on property, 3-4 nights but would maybe do a cash booking if I needed to as an alternative.

Thats food, that is late. You can use your points at the hotels too. That's what we did for the DLH. Not a value by any means but easy easy.

Quote:
Yes, Ireland. Their school goes every 4 years for marching band and that will be their year. Assuming they stick with it but I can't see that changing. Eric will be a Freshman and Evan a Junior. So between that and my folks taking each boy on their "14th" birthday trip I have to plan around those factors.

Will the entire family go to Ireland? What a great band trip. So when do you *think* Ireland will be?

Quote:
That looks wonderful! Is it an adult only trip? Moving the cruise to Dec would likely ramp up the price quite a bit I'd think and I totally agree on the start of the term thinking. The boys will miss 2 days of school for our NYE trip. It's not start of term but the 1st 2 days after vacation aren't usually awful and they will have the rest of that week to catch up.

True about the prices. Early December is a little more expensive but near the end it's barf worthy. Joshua doesn't want to miss near the end of the term though so we're sticking with our dates.

As long as your boys have the rest of the week, they should be fine. It's when you pull them for two full weeks like I did that it becomes hellish.

The condo looks gorgeous. I've read a ton of reviews and found other photos. My only issue was that I want the master. Our friends are fine with that. They're so cool, easy, laid back, unlike me. Yes, adults only. I am thinking though of going next holiday season and staying in the same condo if we like it. Is a screaming deal. I still need to figure out Disneyland for this year. I'm thinking we could do 3 day hoppers vs 5 to save money. We could stay 4 nights at the GCV, if I can score one, and then with my friend 4 nights. I have until May 22 to decide.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: