Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #1186
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

This guy looks like he’s wearing socks:



Still happy as a hippo:



Eyes closed:



I have to say, I don't enjoy lizards of any size or shape and these guys are the worst. They just look mean and hungry and very unforgiving:







Dung pile:





Another gorgeous one in the distance:



Y mas animales:















This is a cool looking tree:



Love this reflection:



Flamingos. I had no idea that they were pink due to what they eat:



But wait, there’s more:







Cats!







Continued in next post.....
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #1187
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Foilage and a warthog way in the back. He blends in really well:



Scrambled or over easy?







After Safari we rode Dinsosaur and EE again and enjoyed a magnificent sunset.



Look ma, no hands:



The first 3 are with my cell and the rest are with the camera:











I was glued to this spot and could not move. It was breathtaking:





We headed out after a fabulous evening at AK.







I have to say again that AK cannot be beat in terms of theme. I like it better than Epcot even. I enjoy all of the parks but AK is magic.




Next up: back to AKV and a nightcap. To be continued.....
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #1188
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,334

Awesome update! I had no idea that the safari was open so late and they kept the animals out that late.

With all the other rides, you must have had a great night! How much fun is that?????
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #1189
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Awesome update! I had no idea that the safari was open so late and they kept the animals out that late.

With all the other rides, you must have had a great night! How much fun is that?????



It was the coolest thing ever. I really will move park days to have another AK EMH. It wasn't an option during our two other trips, one in May and one in September. I wonder if its a seasonal thing? It was pretty cool. We only rode the Safari, EE twice, and Dinosaur. See we move slower at night.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #1190
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,901

What an amazing update! I've been to AK during the evening EMH but didn't go on the safari. We spent all our time on EE and Kali instead.

Love the sunset.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #1191
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
What an amazing update! I've been to AK during the evening EMH but didn't go on the safari. We spent all our time on EE and Kali instead.

Love the sunset.


It was great. We didn't do Kali that evening, we ran out of time. Plus I don't think anyone wanted to get soaked, I know I didn't. It's got to be blazing hot for me to go on Kail or GRR. I am a magnet for those geysers.

The sunset was unreal. I was more than happy. The night got better if you can believe it.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #1192
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

I think that lists were made for torture purposes. I have been doing lists of contents we can remember. This has not been fun.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #1193
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think that lists were made for torture purposes. I have been doing lists of contents we can remember. This has not been fun.



I'm so sorry Michele. I can't imagine how stressful this all is. Do you have FB photos you can refer too regarding items in your home? Or maybe cell pics? Photobucket?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #1194
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!
 
Ms. WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bronx, NY, USA
Posts: 3,320

I've soooo missed your thread!! Been outta commission for a few weeks; got my hip replaced!! This is the first day I've really felt like sitting at the computer and your thread is the very first one I wanted to see!!! How I've missed sharing your adventure with you!!! I see I have a lot of catching up to do!!
__________________
Linda - Dreaming about her "Happy Place".


Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #1195
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. WDW View Post
I've soooo missed your thread!! Been outta commission for a few weeks; got my hip replaced!! This is the first day I've really felt like sitting at the computer and your thread is the very first one I wanted to see!!! How I've missed sharing your adventure with you!!! I see I have a lot of catching up to do!!

and How are you feeling? I'm glad you're here. I do have a ToC in the first post so you don't have to read all of the chatter. I've got a report that I'm reading now and if it weren't for the ToC, I'd never make it through.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #1196
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER]
Its so anxiety producing but at least she's got options. Are they talking scholarships? That would be great. Where are the schools?

I'll never understand the importance they place on SAT scores. They are in part a very unfair way to predict who will succeed and who won't.
Too early for that (scholarships). The challenge will be that where she wants to play, may or may not want her and her chances for money at those schools is likely smaller. We will see, one of her top choices finally got back to her after an ID camp over a month ago, very good eval and they want to see her again...BUT honestly her SAT's need to be good to get in there. So far the schools expressing interest are here, Colorado and Tennessee. Practically speaking it will likely be "over" by the end of summer and certainly another school could still crop up between now and then for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thats very nice that you both found the same group on your own. Meaningful and wonderful. Both sound amazing. We're uber liberal too. Reform Judaism is very open, fluid, transparent, and I like that.
Love that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Yes, they are for reading only. I told Michael that. He thinks I'm bananas but no one is writing in my chairs.
really? Jeff probably wouldn't even let the E's sit in them He grew up in houses where kids were not allowed in the LR and I know kind of wishes I subscribed to that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
in the infamous words of Pitch Perfect, I'm totes in. Do you have fairly firm dates?
Great update, I love the croc and lion shots, pretty sunset and a great group pics at the end but this is my fav!



To your date question....current "soft" date is around May 12th ish based on when I think State cup will be. BUT...if Kendall moves into an ECNL league after this State Cup (5/12/13) it won't be as tied to that and I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of date flexibility if anything. However I should know before the 7m date either way. I believe ideally Mary Ellen would like to go a little earlier than that if it can work.
__________________
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #1197
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm so sorry Michele. I can't imagine how stressful this all is. Do you have FB photos you can refer too regarding items in your home? Or maybe cell pics? Photobucket?

Thankfully there are pictures of the most expensive things we owned. Scotty's bicycles. We will be taking video records, photos and logs of everything from now on. Everything will be kept in several places. Live and learn from our craziness.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #1198
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Too early for that (scholarships). The challenge will be that where she wants to play, may or may not want her and her chances for money at those schools is likely smaller. We will see, one of her top choices finally got back to her after an ID camp over a month ago, very good eval and they want to see her again...BUT honestly her SAT's need to be good to get in there. So far the schools expressing interest are here, Colorado and Tennessee. Practically speaking it will likely be "over" by the end of summer and certainly another school could still crop up between now and then for sure.


She must be an amazing player if schools are already looking at her. Does she think she likes Tennessee or Colorado?





Quote:
really? Jeff probably wouldn't even let the E's sit in them He grew up in houses where kids were not allowed in the LR and I know kind of wishes I subscribed to that idea.

Believe it or not the replacement chair has a faded streak in the leather so guess who's getting a second replacement on Wednesday? I refuse to purchase something damaged. It cost far too much to have anything wrong with it. Interestingly, the second chair came with a throw pillow and the first did not. So now I'll be getting a second pillow too.

Michael's parents wouldn't let the kids in their bedroom or bathroom. Poor guy tried to implement that rule in our home but with him gone 48* 4-5 times a month, it's sort of impossible as we all lay in our bed and watch movies. Points for effort though.



Quote:
Great update, I love the croc and lion shots, pretty sunset and a great group pics at the end but this is my fav!




Isn't that a fun shot? I love all of their faces. The fact that I took my phone out, turned around, and took a photo is unbelievable. I'm such a chicken.

Quote:
To your date question....current "soft" date is around May 12th ish based on when I think State cup will be. BUT...if Kendall moves into an ECNL league after this State Cup (5/12/13) it won't be as tied to that and I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of date flexibility if anything. However I should know before the 7m date either way. I believe ideally Mary Ellen would like to go a little earlier than that if it can work.

I'm good with soft dates. I have no restrictions. Chloe may have dance but we don't know until a few months before tops. If her dance and the girls' trip overlap, then Michael can take care of her dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thankfully there are pictures of the most expensive things we owned. Scotty's bicycles. We will be taking video records, photos and logs of everything from now on. Everything will be kept in several places. Live and learn from our craziness.
What a tough thing to go through. I'm glad you're starting to get it sorted out. I'm sure it'll take a ton of time. How are the kids holding up? Is insurance working well with you?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #1199
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
She must be an amazing player if schools are already looking at her. Does she think she likes Tennessee or Colorado?
Mnn...yes and no. She is good but not "top". And the reality is that there are a lot of good players. The top girls her age are already committed to schools believe it or not including several of her friends. She should be able to play somewhere if that is what she wants. The challenge is figuring out if what she wants is realistic based on her commitment, grades and yes, aggression. It isn't for everyone and the girls that are getting those spots are self promoters or absolutely amazing or both. She isn't quite there on any of those things. Which personally is fine with me, I certainly wasn't and wouldn't be but depending on what level she wants to play at, it's kind of required. She really likes Vanderbilt and academically it's a good fit if she can get her SAT scores where they need to be. I think she has an ok chance of playing there but I don't know that it would include any money at all which is a problem. The other 2 schools are D2 versus D1 but one isn't all that exciting academically or location wise (solid but boring lol but a really great soccer program and as it is in state, it would be SO cool financially) and the other is an amazing school (Colorado School of Mines) but she really wants life sciences...not earth and that makes it not a good fit at all which is a bit of a bummer. Her chances for money at Mines is there though.

Who knows, very likely something not even on the radar could bubble up. Many of the ones she is very interested in...haven't nibbled back. It's a hard road this thing that's for sure. She may move teams after state cup and that would help her exposure. Assuming she makes this other team, that's stressful too. Frustrating part is she truly does have the ability to be top and we've seen it, especially with her HS team but her club coach now.... ugh. I think he's going to have a major bail out at the end of the season, it will be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Believe it or not the replacement chair has a faded streak in the leather so guess who's getting a second replacement on Wednesday? I refuse to purchase something damaged. It cost far too much to have anything wrong with it. Interestingly, the second chair came with a throw pillow and the first did not. So now I'll be getting a second pillow too.


Nor should you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Michael's parents wouldn't let the kids in their bedroom or bathroom. Poor guy tried to implement that rule in our home but with him gone 48* 4-5 times a month, it's sort of impossible as we all lay in our bed and watch movies. Points for effort though.
That is a rule that we enforce but we also have the no TV in bedroom(s) rule so that helps.

Our office is also kid free though that one is much harder to enforce.
__________________
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #1200
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,334

Just checking in over here so that I can leave more front page real estate on my new PTR, but it cracks me up that I hadn't even posted a link on my old PTR to the new and you already found it!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: