Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #1111
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Lol! Jeff and I are booked, not leaving him at home. We are ditching all the kids though. You and Michael should do the same

Jeff plans for retirement now, not aging us at all, just a reality, although he is convinced it's happening sooner than I think is realistic,
Hahaha!!! I was thinking there was this whole girls' trip planned and I got ditched. Thats hilarious. So you booked the same cruise by chance? I love it. Pam and I are on the same cruise in January just by chance.

Me and Michael should do the same. Or can do what Jill is doing. I still haven't convinced Michael to take the cruise plunge but I bet we'd all have a great kidless cruise. Something to think about for sure.

Michael can technically retire from the FD in 2.5 years. He's ready to be done. He loves his job and its been a great career but 20 years is plenty with all of the trauma he sees. Our ultimate dream is to own a nice big sail boat and sail around and live on it. Having a small land address and fast car too. He's working his tail off to make it happen.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #1112
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
It's the one leaving October 1st 2014. It's the only double dip cruise that fits our time frame. The other one we like is the Vancouver repositioning cruise. I'm also looking at using points which is totally unusual for me, but I'm not sure that we can rent out our WDW points to use them. I suppose if we go through David's we could.
We will be doing to Vancouver repositioning cruise in 5 weeks. I can't wait.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #1113
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We will be doing to Vancouver repositioning cruise in 5 weeks. I can't wait.

Corinna

Is a repositioning cruise where they move the ship to sail from a new port? Do you stop at ports and visit the cities? How exciting!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 04-16-2013 at 06:54 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #1114
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I get the money thing too. I cashed in some stock options and thought I could spend it to get my Mustang painted.
Jill in CO
What year? Fran is a Cougar collector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Where does it leave from? And where does it cruise to? I've read great things about David's. He charges a lot so I'm thinking he keeps $3 of the $13 per point? I subscribe to his emails and I get them asking for people to sell him their points. There is a point rental shortage I guess.

With your well known name and high post count I;m sure you could get more renting them on your own but with David's there risk and headache are gone for you.
I leaves from Port Canaveral. Day 2 at CC, Day 3 at Sea, Day 4 at Key West, Day 5 at CC and back to PC.

When I rent to folks I only charge $10 per point. So far I only have 30 points from my 2012 UY left. They are banked into 2013 and I have until August to use them. Probably for a night at the GCH on short notice, or the DLH.

My 2013 points are the ones I'm fretting about I still have 2/3 the allotment left and nowhere to spend them yet!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #1115
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What year? Fran is a Cougar collector.

Ok, first read this on my phone and all I saw was "Fran is a Cougar collector" and my mind went in the wrong direction.

I have a 1966 Mustang convertible. I've finally got the restoration up to the body/paint stage.

Jill in CO
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #1116
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Sigh I used to have a 1965 Mustang. It died a fiery death.

Hi all! Scotty made me feel better today by telling me that I needed to look forward to a Disneyland trip in fall of 2014. It's a ways off but it made me smile.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #1117
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

Hi all! Scotty made me feel better today by telling me that I needed to look forward to a Disneyland trip in fall of 2014. It's a ways off but it made me smile.
I'm so sorry....I didn't want to say anything before about the car when you've lost so much else that's more important.

I'm so glad you have something fun to plan for!

Jill in CO
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #1118
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I'm so sorry....I didn't want to say anything before about the car when you've lost so much else that's more important.

I'm so glad you have something fun to plan for!

Jill in CO

Thank you Jill. I think the big thing with the car is that I remember the day my dad drove it off the lot. I learned to drive in that car. I cruised in that car. It was a rite of passage for me. To see it like it is breaks my heart. Especially knowing that I have to find someone willing to take it.

I am glad to have a trip to plan. We are going to have a blow out trip.

I started meeting with the contractors today. I feel like I am on a prom date and they are trying to seduce me. All these stories they are telling me. Tempting me with granite or marble counters. Recessed lighting. All the fun stuff. Silly boys, I don't buy flattery.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #1119
jedijill

Quote:
Thank you Jill. I think the big thing with the car is that I remember the day my dad drove it off the lot. I learned to drive in that car. I cruised in that car. It was a rite of passage for me. To see it like it is breaks my heart. Especially knowing that I have to find someone willing to take it.
That's even more heartbreaking. Is it salvageable at all? Even bigger

Jill in CO
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #1120
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
That's even more heartbreaking. Is it salvageable at all? Even bigger

Jill in CO

This is it.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #1121
jedijill

Quote:

This is it.
Absolutely heartbreaking...so sorry.

Jill in CO
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #1122
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Hahaha!!! I was thinking there was this whole girls' trip planned and I got ditched. Thats hilarious. So you booked the same cruise by chance? I love it. Pam and I are on the same cruise in January just by chance.

Well....Jill was on it first. Originally we were booked on the Med and then I got financially responsible are rebooked the 9/28 S. Carribbean. then I started doing my homework around what was more likely versus less to be a conflict with homecoming and moved it to the 9/20 and voila! We are on the same cruise It will be an early anniversary cruise.

Quote:
Me and Michael should do the same. Or can do what Jill is doing. I still haven't convinced Michael to take the cruise plunge but I bet we'd all have a great kidless cruise. Something to think about for sure.
You should! Do it do it do it!

Quote:
Michael can technically retire from the FD in 2.5 years. He's ready to be done. He loves his job and its been a great career but 20 years is plenty with all of the trauma he sees. Our ultimate dream is to own a nice big sail boat and sail around and live on it. Having a small land address and fast car too. He's working his tail off to make it happen.
Not all that different from Jeff's dream, which is to move somewhere warm we can easily fly the seaplane in and out of and just bop around lake to lake, small island to small island... He's still got 8 years before "early" retirement and frankly we've got 10 before kids are really out of college if they are even on time so....he's saying 10 years and my money is on 12-15.

Quote:
Ok, first read this on my phone and all I saw was "Fran is a Cougar collector" and my mind went in the wrong direction.

that is hysterical!

Quote:

Oh Michelle, that is heartbreaking.

You do need to look forward to a fall trip, planning will make you smile and when the contractors annoy you...ask them if they can replicate a light fixture in Morrocco, tile from Mexico, or a something equally as silly.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #1123
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Is a repositioning cruise where they move the ship to sail from a new port? Do you stop at ports and visit the cities? How exciting!
Yes, our cruise goes from Los Angeles to Vancouver and we have an overnight stop at San Francisco and a day in Victoria on the way. The first day in San Francisco we will do the Napa Wine Train and the second day I will go to the Disney Family Museum and DH has booked an excursion to cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #1124
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

I have a 1966 Mustang convertible. I've finally got the restoration up to the body/paint stage.

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

that is hysterical!
Well I really thought this out, first I was going to say "Cougar Lover", then "Cougar Aficionado", but I suppose I should have just used the word "Mercury" in front of it. Besides why would she be interested in older women who prey on young boys!

Jill, That's really cool you have gotten the car to that stage. All of our cars have come to us in pretty good condition so they only need minor repairs. We have our first one that requires paint and exterior work. It also has some rust that needs to be addressed.

Michele, I was wondering if there was any hope for your poor Mustang. I noticed that one right off, and what a classic it was. The fact that it has such sentimental value too makes it even more heartbreaking.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #1125
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:

This is it.
So sorry, Michele.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: