Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #1006
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

You're lucky. It's very very slim pickings here for Passover food. You have no idea. It's really sad. When we visited AZ a few years ago I was so happy to find cookie mixes and potato chips etc but here, we're lucky to find matzo.

If you ever need anything, my local grocery store seems to have a decent selection of Kosher foods and there is a Jewish deli/grocery store nearby as well. Would be willing to find/ship anything you need.

Jill in CO
Old 03-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #1007
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

If you ever need anything, my local grocery store seems to have a decent selection of Kosher foods and there is a Jewish deli/grocery store nearby as well. Would be willing to find/ship anything you need.

Jill in CO
Thank you Jill. I may take you up on that and appreciate the offer. I was just in So Cal 3 weeks ago and I should have brought food home. I didn't even think about it.

Our matzo ball soup is simmering now and the brisket rub is on.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Why does the weekend have to go by so fast?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #1008
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I am amazed how some major chain stores do not have very good Kosher areas. I have noticed that stores like Trader Joe's are getting more and more Kosher things.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #1009
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
OMG, hilarious! Billy Bob's looks great. Thank you for the hotel pictures too. It's good to know the rooms don't have them or a minifridge. We'll need a cooler for Chloe's Increlex then. Thank you for the info. I didn't even look when I booked.

At Johnny Reb's we'll take one of you posing the same way. I love that you posted all of these pictures. It looks like you shared the steak at Billy Bob's? The hotel looks nice and I'm so glad because they're all telling me it sounds ghetto. If it's not DVC they're appalled. I've raised beasts!

The margaritas look really good. Chloe hates Mexican food otherwise I'd be all over Willy & Jose's.

And Mrs. Knott's dinner? Heaven! I'm so excited. My dad will be happy too. I'd get a funnel cake if I could buy them outside of the park. Knott's make the best. Their funnel cake is state fair good.
At most hotels you can request them to bring you a mini fridge for medical necessity. We've pulled that card a few times for Fran's insulin. We split the steak at Billy Bob's. It came with two sides, so she got the sweet potato and I got the baked. Then we added a salad on, at least I think that's how I remember it. We have done that at other places.

It's actually a nice enough hotel, if you read my report from January 2012, the first hotel we stayed at on the way was much more ghetto, not that it was bad at all, but no tub, just a shower.

We need to go back to Mrs. Knotts. Those pics were from the last night of the Expo in 2011. I think we went there back in May for brunch and feasted on the chicken, but I just love dinner there. Besides there and the prospector, I don't know any restaurants where you get soup and salad with your dinner including rolls, and dessert for one price.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #1010
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am amazed how some major chain stores do not have very good Kosher areas. I have noticed that stores like Trader Joe's are getting more and more Kosher things.

We tried to get to Trader Joe's but ran our of time on Saturday. Great idea though. Two of our big brand name stores didn't even have matzo. It is Utah but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
At most hotels you can request them to bring you a mini fridge for medical necessity. We've pulled that card a few times for Fran's insulin. We split the steak at Billy Bob's. It came with two sides, so she got the sweet potato and I got the baked. Then we added a salad on, at least I think that's how I remember it. We have done that at other places.

It's actually a nice enough hotel, if you read my report from January 2012, the first hotel we stayed at on the way was much more ghetto, not that it was bad at all, but no tub, just a shower.

We need to go back to Mrs. Knotts. Those pics were from the last night of the Expo in 2011. I think we went there back in May for brunch and feasted on the chicken, but I just love dinner there. Besides there and the prospector, I don't know any restaurants where you get soup and salad with your dinner including rolls, and dessert for one price.

My corker has stayed at Sam's Town and said it is cool, a great off Strip option. I'm always up for trying some place new and am really looking forward to it. I think my heathens like to tease more than anything else.

The Prospector sounds great too. We've got a place here, The Grey Cliff Lodge
http://www.allmenus.com/ut/ogden-val...ff-lodge/menu/ that still serves tomato juice as a starter. I love love those old school places. They're so old school, they don't even have their own website. They have amazing food and the view is gorgeous. It serves a total geriatric crowd but that's pretty much my speed. DH and I went last year and we were by far the youngest people there.

I found some old pics of Mrs. Knott's Sunday brunch that we attended years ago. Their gravy is so good.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #1011
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great updates and pics.

What a great birthday you had. The lunch looked delicious.

The plans for the upcoming trip look great. If I don't get back in time have a great trip.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #1012
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

OMG I got so hungry reading that update. I just want to sneak in your suticase for the food.

Not to mention the power day and surprise stay. Speaking of which, how will you manage that with your stuff if kids thing you are headed back to your friends.

Great call though, now it can be a power day.

I want to so somewhere SO bad for Spring Break I can't stand myself.

Preferably Disneyland!

WAH!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #1013
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great updates and pics.

What a great birthday you had. The lunch looked delicious.

The plans for the upcoming trip look great. If I don't get back in time have a great trip.

Thank you. Lunch was fabulous. Best birthday lunch ever. Food and company were both stellar. I dream about the truffle Mac n cheese. It was so good, creamy with big truffle chucks, not tiny slivers. My lamb was great too. One chop was more overdone than the other and I took the overdone one as a leftover.

I was hoping to get two updates posted tonight but we'll see how the packing comes along once I get home. I'm painfully behind on this report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
OMG I got so hungry reading that update. I just want to sneak in your suticase for the food.

Not to mention the power day and surprise stay. Speaking of which, how will you manage that with your stuff if kids thing you are headed back to your friends.

Great call though, now it can be a power day.

I want to so somewhere SO bad for Spring Break I can't stand myself.

Preferably Disneyland!

WAH!

Aren't you going somewhere next week or really soon? I swore you had an April trip.

We have to check into the hotel that morning at like 6:30 am because we need room keys for EMH at DCA. They'll know then but I'm hoping not before. Waking them at 5:45 will also benefit me as they'll be asleep. Dinner will also be a surprise for them. Can't wait for that. They may clue in when I tell them no flip flops but not before.

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #1014
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is beautiful and great to visit.....to live, hmm....I don't love it. It's very pretty and I certainly love the summers more than the winters. Having a boat sure has helped. I've only been to the east coast during the winter once and only for a few days. You guys get gnarly ice though right?

The east coast winter weather is awful. It doesn't snow a lot. People freak when it snows an inch. In New England the skiing can definitely be all ice because it will warm up, rain, and freeze.

It's also overcast here the majority of days from November through March. It's a damp cold that over the years I have grown to hate. I told my DH that we absolutely have to move south to retire!

I certainly would love to see Utah in the summer. Sounds lovely.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #1015
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The east coast winter weather is awful. It doesn't snow a lot. People freak when it snows an inch. In New England the skiing can definitely be all ice because it will warm up, rain, and freeze.

It's also overcast here the majority of days from November through March. It's a damp cold that over the years I have grown to hate. I told my DH that we absolutely have to move south to retire!

I certainly would love to see Utah in the summer. Sounds lovely.

We get that bad grey sky too but it's not overcast, it's smog or inversion as the Utahans like to call it. It's smog. It's gross and it's depressing. And cold. Once you get into the mountains it clears but who has time to drive to Park City everyday? Lol! I'm just not a winter fan at all. The kids used to tolerate it more but our numerous trips to So Cal have enlightened them too much and now don't love the winter. They'll sled and play in the snow but poor DH's dreams of having his three offspring become pro snowboarders is over. They much prefer the water like their mama. Thank goodness we've got the boat and beautiful lakes nearby. It makes suffering through Utah winters almost worth it.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to be able to get back here. We're still in So Cal and we've been so busy. It's been a fabulous trip but non stop. Hoping to enjoy some down time on the beach today.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #1017
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
5:45? Do they get warning the night before to expect such an early departure? Yikes. 6:30 check in? is emh at 7?
My kids? Yes, they knew we were leaving at 5:45. Thank goodness our room was ready early because they hit their wall at 1:00. EMH was at 7 am. After valeting the car, checking in, and grabbing our passes, we were at the gates for DCA by 6:45. My friend lives literally 10 minutes away without traffic and on Easter Sunday at 6 am, we were the only ones on the road. It was a crazy cool magical day and I'll give a full report when we get home.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #1018
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like a real magical trip.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #1019
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear all about it, but until then enjoy your time away!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #1020
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They'll sled and play in the snow but poor DH's dreams of having his three offspring become pro snowboarders is over.
Too funny!

Quote:

Sorry it's taken so long for me to be able to get back here. We're still in So Cal and we've been so busy. It's been a fabulous trip but non stop. Hoping to enjoy some down time on the beach today.
I hope you are having a marvelous spring break with lots of fun and awesome weather!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: