Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #991
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The MRI is Saturday and then the we see the neuro again on April 3rd so after that.


Oh my goodness! That looks good!
Good luck.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #992
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Saturday: the looooong drive home......we've decided that we'll be loaded in the car by 9:00 and heading out. Now that Gabby drives, I'll have some relief if I get too tired but in all honesty it's not like I can relax with a new driver on the road anyway.

I can seriously relate to this. Ummmm.....better to do the driving yourself, because if you are anything like I am you will be gripping the passenger door handle and putting you foot on the imaginary break the whole way.

I seriously loved this update, even if you call it another loose end. Living exclusively on the east coast, I love reading about all things west coast. It really sounds like a wonderful spring break trip. And all the potential food choices sound amazing. Have a great time!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #993
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

No fair posting food pics right before I have lunch!
What are your plans for Passover? Anything?
I just ordered a bunch of Passover food, including a prepared Seder plate. My kids actually love Passover so it'll be good.

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #994
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I love AKV. I'd add on there in a heartbeat. Good luck on BWV! They look so fun. 30 days isn't bad. And then how long until the points are yours after it passes?
I am not sure how long it takes. We are coming up on our 7 month window in two weeks. So, I am planning to call MS and try to change our ressie that we have with our AKV points. Probably won't plan to use the BWV contract until our next trip.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #995
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Ours went to Disney on 3/13 so we're in the same waiting game.

Amanda
Hope both of ours pass!!!!
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #996
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Good luck.
Thank you.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #997
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The MRI is Saturday and then the we see the neuro again on April 3rd so after that.


Oh my goodness! That looks good!


Good luck and good vibes. Please keep us posted. Have you got anything fun planned for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm so glad I ate before I came in here.

That trip sounds amazing. I can't wait for the TR.

Thanks! I'm so super. We're on the single digit countdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can seriously relate to this. Ummmm.....better to do the driving yourself, because if you are anything like I am you will be gripping the passenger door handle and putting you foot on the imaginary break the whole way.

That's exactly what I'll be doing too. No driving for Gabby.

Quote:
I seriously loved this update, even if you call it another loose end. Living exclusively on the east coast, I love reading about all things west coast. It really sounds like a wonderful spring break trip. And all the potential food choices sound amazing. Have a great time!

Thanks! Should be a good time? With only one Disney day and 4 beach days, they'll be more eating than walking. Have you been to the west coast?




Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
No fair posting food pics right before I have lunch!
What are your plans for Passover? Anything?
I just ordered a bunch of Passover food, including a prepared Seder plate. My kids actually love Passover so it'll be good.

Amanda

Aside from cleaning out my cupboards.....we're going to seder at our friend's on the 25th which also happens to be Michael's birthday. We'll do our own smaller seder later in the week. Our community seder is April 1st but we'll be in CA so we'll miss it. I actually really enjoy it.

How about you guys, what are you doing? I could never order a prepared seder plate. Matzo is very hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I am not sure how long it takes. We are coming up on our 7 month window in two weeks. So, I am planning to call MS and try to change our ressie that we have with our AKV points. Probably won't plan to use the BWV contract until our next trip.

Good luck! Hope the changes on your vacation go through smoothly.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #998
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Thank you. I will keep you posted.


We have the MRI on Saturday and on Sunday there is a bicycle team barbeque.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #999
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thank you. I will keep you posted.

We have the MRI on Saturday and on Sunday there is a bicycle team barbeque.
Good luck today! Enjoy the BBQ tomorrow.


We've got a lunch date with friends at Mo Better BBQ. The name throws me but we'll see....also getting haircuts and then our weekly trip to Trader Joe's. Good times.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #1000
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Have you been to the west coast?




I have been to Utah at least three times to ski and I love it there. One of my GF's moved to SLC from Maryland and her FB pictures are always amazing. I love the winter weather there. So much better than the East Coast.

As far as California, I have been to Venice Beach on a layover to New Zealand and one other visit to LAX for a connecting flight. Sad, isn't it?

I am seriously considering a west coast trip in Fall 2014, so I love reading about it. And, yes, DL will definitely be part of the trip.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #1001
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Good luck today! Enjoy the BBQ tomorrow.


We've got a lunch date with friends at Mo Better BBQ. The name throws me but we'll see....also getting haircuts and then our weekly trip to Trader Joe's. Good times.

Thank you. It went okay. I was kind of surprised that it took so long. It took over an hour. When Kody had hers it didn't take that long. We find the results on April 3rd. Which happens to be Kacy's 20th birthday and my moms 76th birthday. I am hoping for not bad news.

I hope you guys have fun!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #1002
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

There is SO much Passover food in our grocery stores right now. It's even more than usual.
We'll have a family-only Seder on Monday and then some guests for Seder on Tuesday. I'm working all week so it'll be a little crazy. Which is why I've ordered some of the food rather than make it all from scratch.
We did a Passover shopping trip today and - as usual - my husband purchased too much kosher-for-Passover food....

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #1003
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,828

Grocery store that I shop at has free (5 pack ) of matzo with $50 purchase. So far, I have collected three packs. I think we will be eating matzo all year!!,
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #1004
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,063

Have a great Pesach celebration.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #1005
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have been to Utah at least three times to ski and I love it there. One of my GF's moved to SLC from Maryland and her FB pictures are always amazing. I love the winter weather there. So much better than the East Coast.

As far as California, I have been to Venice Beach on a layover to New Zealand and one other visit to LAX for a connecting flight. Sad, isn't it?

I am seriously considering a west coast trip in Fall 2014, so I love reading about it. And, yes, DL will definitely be part of the trip.

It is beautiful and great to visit.....to live, hmm....I don't love it. It's very pretty and I certainly love the summers more than the winters. Having a boat sure has helped. I've only been to the east coast during the winter once and only for a few days. You guys get gnarly ice though right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thank you. It went okay. I was kind of surprised that it took so long. It took over an hour. When Kody had hers it didn't take that long. We find the results on April 3rd. Which happens to be Kacy's 20th birthday and my moms 76th birthday. I am hoping for not bad news.

I hope you guys have fun!

It was fun, good company, but the food was just ok. It was basically hyped up Hawaiin BBQ.


I'm hoping for not bad news along with you. Good luck. The waiting is so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
There is SO much Passover food in our grocery stores right now. It's even more than usual.
We'll have a family-only Seder on Monday and then some guests for Seder on Tuesday. I'm working all week so it'll be a little crazy. Which is why I've ordered some of the food rather than make it all from scratch.
We did a Passover shopping trip today and - as usual - my husband purchased too much kosher-for-Passover food....


Amanda


You're lucky. It's very very slim pickings here for Passover food. You have no idea. It's really sad. When we visited AZ a few years ago I was so happy to find cookie mixes and potato chips etc but here, we're lucky to find matzo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Grocery store that I shop at has free (5 pack ) of matzo with $50 purchase. So far, I have collected three packs. I think we will be eating matzo all year!!,

I'm so jealous!!! We're making a chocolate macaroon cake for Passover and DH's birthday cake for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Have a great Pesach celebration.
Thank you. Looking forward to it.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: