Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #901
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hi there!

I hope you had a great birthday!

Michael is in my neck of the woods. The weather is very welcoming too!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #902
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Hi there!

I hope you had a great birthday!

Michael is in my neck of the woods. The weather is very welcoming too!

He is. He said its beautiful. I can't remember the name of the hotel but I'll find out tomorrow, maybe you've heard of it?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #903
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
He is. He said its beautiful. I can't remember the name of the hotel but I'll find out tomorrow, maybe you've heard of it?
Mmm probably not. We have been in that area many times but never stayed there. We are so close that the thought had never crossed my mind until recently when I thought it might be nice for an overnight trip for Scotty and I.

He had a CT scan on Friday and he is seeing the neurologist on Wednesday. I am hoping they figure out what it is that has made him so sick.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #904
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a great birthday and I will be looking forward to hear about your recent trip.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #905
rentayenta

Quote:
Mmm probably not. We have been in that area many times but never stayed there. We are so close that the thought had never crossed my mind until recently when I thought it might be nice for an overnight trip for Scotty and I.

He had a CT scan on Friday and he is seeing the neurologist on Wednesday. I am hoping they figure out what it is that has made him so sick.

I'm sorry Scotty has been sick and hope they get you both some answers. Good luck on Wed and you'll be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

He sent me pics but I forgot the name. I'm so scattered when he's away. You'd think I'd be used to the solo parenting by now but I'm not. Having another driver though has helped a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Hope you had a great birthday and I will be looking forward to hear about your recent trip.

Thank you, it was fabulous. I had a major scare today, my iPhone suddenly turned off and I couldn't get it back on. I was so afraid I was going to lose my photos but thankfully I didn't. I need to get them on the mac stat.

Hoping to update tonight.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #906
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I'm sorry Scotty has been sick and hope they get you both some answers. Good luck on Wed and you'll be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

He sent me pics but I forgot the name. I'm so scattered when he's away. You'd think I'd be used to the solo parenting by now but I'm not. Having another driver though has helped a ton.

Thank you, it was fabulous. I had a major scare today, my iPhone suddenly turned off and I couldn't get it back on. I was so afraid I was going to lose my photos but thankfully I didn't. I need to get them on the mac stat.

Hoping to update tonight.

Thank you I will keep you up to date.

I would have freaked out about the phone.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #907
rentayenta

Quote:
Thank you I will keep you up to date.

I would have freaked out about the phone.

Please. Sending lots of good vibes your way.

I did freak! I have a lot of Club 33 pics and beach pics on my phone.

I'm at an impasse with regard to Spring Break and Disney. Can I live with DCA only for a day without a park Hopper? It'll save me $190. It'll cost $435 for the 5 of us with a one day/one park ticket or $625 for a one day hopper. I'm having an incredibly rough time swallowing over $600 just to walk in. $435 seems a little insane as well but I can wrap my head around it.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #908
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Please. Sending lots of good vibes your way.

I did freak! I have a lot of Club 33 pics and beach pics on my phone.

I'm at an impasse with regard to Spring Break and Disney. Can I live with DCA only for a day without a park Hopper? It'll save me $190. It'll cost $435 for the 5 of us with a one day/one park ticket or $625 for a one day hopper. I'm having an incredibly rough time swallowing over $600 just to walk in. $435 seems a little insane as well but I can wrap my head around it.
Ouch it really hurts to have our large families when it comes to tickets doesn't it?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #909
rentayenta

Quote:
Ouch it really hurts to have our large families when it comes to tickets doesn't it?

Indeed! I miss the days of child prices too. Still hoping for park hoppers but need to talk to Michael. I think just DCA sounds great on paper until it's about 2:00 and me and Joshua are dying to go on Indy! Then I see me springing for hoppers.

Working on the birthday update. It will be posted tonight. The pics make me smile.

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #910
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

This is our last year of Nathaniel being a Disney child. It is hard to wrap your head around those ticket prices. Right now we have APs and there is no more child AP but I don't know if we'll keep getting APs. We may be buying a DVC resale contract and then the AP will be cheaper!
I started a new PTR for my August trip.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #911
kaoden39
Hugs

I always know that if I don't buy hoppers that I will have something I just HAVE to do.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #912
rentayenta

Birthday, mini meet, and Club 33!

Once again, I'm sorry for the delay. I arrived home Sunday night only to be slammed with a week of solo parenting. I had less than a week's notice so I was not prepared. I have to prepare to solo parent my own children.

Iíve decided not to post my entire birthday trip. I donít want to bore everyone with every little detail. We enjoyed a night at the DLH, a day at Disney with a mini meet, a day at the beach with lots of eating and drinking, and a final part day on the water. Iíll focus on the Disney part.

My friend and I arrived at the Disneyland Hotel after a delayed flight into Long Beach from SLC. We picked up our luggage and then our rental car from Hertz. We got upgraded from a standard to a nice little Infinity. It had a starter button and it took us the entire 3 days to realize we didnít need a key to start it. As you can tell by the water, it had just stopped raining and it had turned into a gorgeous day.

Now I hadnít stayed at the DLH since 2005 and read about the refurb and how pretty it was.

Because we decided to stop by the beach before heading to Anaheim, I called the hotel to let them know weíd be late. I spoke with a nice CM named Jackie who was very friendly. She asked if we were celebrating anything and of course I told her it was our birthdays. I also requested the Adventure Tower and if possible a view of DTD. I let her know we booked a standard room on points and would appreciate anything she could do.

Proudly displaying my age:

And a trip to So Cal isnít complete without my very favorite snack:

At about 5 pm we pulled into the DLH. I was so excited as it had been so long. Even with our 3 stays at the GCV, I hadnít managed to make it over to see the updated DLH. I love the GCV but the DLH was the first resort hotel we stayed at and I have such fond memories.

I was not disappointed. After chatting with the valet, we used valet, we headed inside. As we walked in there was a beautiful bride and groom having their photo taken. I didnít want to be a spazz and snap a picture but secretly I wanted to.

Bell services took this of us:

We were the second party in line and just chatted away while waiting our turn.

Check in was easy and guess what tower we had? The Adventure Tower with a view of DTD! Let the birthday pixie dust flow....

Birthday buttons:

Adventure Tower, here we come:

The view was fabulous!

Lots of room and bathroom photos:

Continued in the next post....

Old 03-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #913
rentayenta

The light up headboard was tear worthy.

But wait, it gets better...

I was in heaven and my friend was in awe. She had been to Disneyland, even with us before, but never felt the magic until right then.

A few more pics:

We planned on meeting some girlfriends for dinner so we headed to Walt’s Wharf in Seal Beach. Neither of us wanted to leave the hotel and Disneyland area but dinner plans had been made months ago so off we went. It was a lovely night with good friends.

Our birthday dessert:

We got back to the hotel, changed into our pjs, and had a slumber party. We are so goofy and took these pictures. We couldn’t get over the light up headboard and music. When you turn on the headboard, the lamp hums the music to A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. OMG!

We took these:

We continued to chat and turned on the tv, posted pics our goofy selves on FB, and then fell asleep.

We still hadn’t decided on a plan for the following day aside from meeting Alison and Fran for lunch at Club 33.

My friend had been to Carsland but didn’t ride anything so technically, in my mind, she hadn’t been. I knew we wanted to start there.

We woke up about 7 am and were starving. We tried calling room service, after all it was our birthday trip, but after 15 minutes on hold, we gave up. We didn’t want to eat too much knowing we wanted to stuff ourselves silly at Club 33 but we knew we couldn’t go without anything.

The forecast was calling for 90% rain but luckily there wasn't a dark cloud in the sky. Yet. We knew we needed to take advantage of our luck.

I made some mediocre Disneyland decaf and we headed out. Can they not do something about the quality of the in-room coffee?

We checked out and gave our bags to bell services. I also learned something that morning. Our valet fee of $22 was good until midnight on 3/8. We checked in on 3/7 and I thought for sure we’d have to pay two days of valet but we didn’t. $11 a day plus tip was totally worth the convenience of being so close.

We walked through the grounds and into DTD. I love DTD during the chill of the morning. Its so fresh and clean. We were really hungry by this time; it was just after 8:00.

Did you all know that Compass Books is now an Earl of Sandwich? I didn’t know that and boy was a I happy. I love Earl’s original. Roast beef, cheese, and creamy horseradish? Pencil us in! We decided to split an original.

With full bellies and happy hearts we headed to DCA’s guest relations area to pick up our passes. THANK YOU!

And with that, I’ll have to continue later. I didn’t sleep well last night and want to give Club 33 and our mini DISmeet justice so I’m stopping for tonight.

I do have one photo to post though. If you read both mine and Alison’s trip report, you may recognize what’s in the baggie.

To be continued......

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-12-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #914
kaoden39
Hugs

I love the Adventure Tower. That is my favorite tower by the way.

I am so excited you started this. Now go relax!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #915
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I can't believe that you made THAT the cliff hanger!

But it was definitely for someone!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: