Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #556
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Argh! I was almost finished with my update and one of the kids accidentally closed my window.

Before I move on to our first day at Animal Kingdom I need to add that sweet Emma spent the night with us a the THV the night before. Jenna et al came over after DTD to bring her things and stayed a while, listening to stories of Michaels travels in Africa and just general catching up. Ya know those friends you don't see for a couple of years but when you get together it all still clicks? Thats us. They are really such a great family.

Back to park day numero four.....

We wanted to make sure we made rope rope so we were up and gone by 8:15. Chloe and Kayla had been YouTubing videos of EE and they were so very excited for Kaylas first ride on it. Joshua had also worked up the courage to ride it again. On our last trip in 2009 he rode it once and didnt love it. His taste in coasters is bizarre to me but to each his own. I dont make them ride anything theyre uncomfortable with. Its so not worth it. I hate seeing parents do that to their children and unfortunately I see it often at Disney.

On our way:

We look tired in this picture:

And thats because we were tired. Because we visit WDW so infrequently, we really try to get the most out of each trip in terms of experiences. We arent park commandos but we try to really enjoy every minute whether it be at the park, resort, or pool. I dont think I watched even a minute of tv this trip. The boys watched a little ESPN but other than that, I dont think the bedroom tvs even got turned on.

First stop:

Its worth noting that Michael and I have been off caffeine for sometime now but we needed some this morning. I shouldnt have started with an expresso. I was shaky the entire first half of the day. My energy/anxiety levels are on the high side so that's why I originally went off caffeine, to naturally help with anxiety. The difference in how I feel is notable.

The park was open by the time we got our coffee so no one wanted to stop for a picture. Heres my drive by:

It was a little overcast but still very warm. Another two drive bys. We were on a mission to get to EE stat!

We arrived at EE and it was a walk on. Love that. I was able to get them to hold still long enough to take some photos.

Funny enough though that on the way to EE, Chloe and Joshua found hats they had to have. You'll see them a few pics down but I can report that not only did they wear them that day but they've worn them a lot since returning home. Thanks goodness for Utah winters, they make knit Yeti caps useful.

Chloe and Kayla are major Yeti/Sasquatch fans so I knew this would remain Chloes favorite ride and would become Kaylas. The group rode it 3x that morning....without FP. We did grab some FPs though for later. I sat out the 3rd time and chatted with Jenna. She is not a coaster lover. She grabbed a coffee and I snapped some photos.

Tacky ride shot:

Once they got back:

Nate is the funniest guy ever!

Group shot of the kids:

And of us mamas:

I took alot of photos today. AK is my favorite park as far as aesthetics go. MK holds the magic but AK has a great vibe.

Kids just got home, I'll continue the day soon.....

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 12-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #557
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Those hats are adorable! Fun morning, you do look tired though! I've thought about going off caffeine. The caffeine part I don't think would be that bad but giving up the routine and the flavor of coffee...brutal. I'd become a decaf drinker I know it.

Still, straight espresso on an empty stomach will hit me hard though I think it's the sugar that hits me worse, I don't do sugar at all and can't handle it well.

EE is the boys favorite as well. Were you doing single rider line or just the normal line but no wait? It isn't worth it to force kids on rides. We have been known to coerce, only if we are darn sure they will like it. We've also been known to let it go even if we know they'd like it, or have loved it in the past. Not worth it.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #558
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love those hats and the group shot of the kids!

Woohoo for Walk-on EE! That's the way to start the morning. That might wake you up better than the caffeine. And then again - probably not!

Sorry you had the shakes from expresso overload.

Fun Update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #559
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Fantastic to walk-on to EE three times in a row! Love the hats. They are adorable.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #560
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Subbing in late. Just wanted to thank you for a great trip report. I haven't taken the kiddos to the water parks yet, but your photos/descriptions are making me want to take that plunge.

We aren't DVC yet, but my goal for our DL and 2 WDW trips in 2013 are for scoping out the DVC resorts so I can hone in on which I want for home resort.

Anyways, I look forward to the rest of your TR.

and Glad you are enjoying the report.

The water parks are really so much fun and a nice break from the parks but still very Disney, just a more relaxed Disney. Curbs the Disney craving and allows for some down time. I think they're brilliant. My kids have enjoyed most but overall and after this trip Typhoon Lagoon wins over Blizzard Beach.

Wow, a trip to Disneyland 2 to WDW in 2013? How exciting! Which DVC resorts are you leaning towards? We've stayed at AKV, OKW, SSR/THV, and GCV at Disneyland. Loved them all and each has it owns perks for sure. The villas at OKW are huge and I love the theme, it's very relaxed. SSR/THV are super cool. We stayed at the THV and they were amazing. They are so unique. Having the big deck and private grill made for some very fun family time. And who doesn't want to sleep in a Treehouse? I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. We didn't try the THV pool but really enjoyed the High Rock Springs pool at SSR. The staff too at SSR were awesome!

The GCV are at Disneyland their location is by far my favorite. Getting soaked on GRR and then running up to the villa to change is unreal. Both of our stays there we've had a DCA view that was amazing. But of all of them, this last trip to Kidani has solidified AKV has our family's favorite collectively. I cannot say enough good things about Kidani. And a SV is a must for us. It never gets old. The staff were the best ever, the pool, the atmosphere, loved it! It has such a peaceful vibe. Having now stayed at Jambo and Kidani, Kidani wins hands down. The 2 bedroom villa had 3 bathrooms which was fantastic with 3 teenage girls and a tween son plus DH and myself.

I'm sure whatever resort you choose, you'll be very happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm not sure that the various ports offer different types of jewelery. The "presentation" we went to was a total sales pitch for all the various jewelers in the areas, but she did tell us about where to go for various unique stones that we wouldn't find in the US. Meaning which shops and stuff. None of these were "buy it on the beach" budget shops!

I purposely looked for unique. They also had very tradtitional settings too, but I wanted something that I wouldn't find anywhere else. Today a Macy's we saw some Tanzanite and I got earrings to go with my other loot, but it was all very traditional looking, not a large variety at all.
Oh yeah, they did look fancy shmancy and what you chose was just beautiful. If I could afford or keep track of more than simple stud earrings or have anywhere to wear them, I might be more of a jewelry connoisseur but for right now Kohl's $7.99's are fine for the carpool. You'd think with Michael's diamond adventures in Africa I;d have a big rock. Someday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Those hats are adorable! Fun morning, you do look tired though! I've thought about going off caffeine. The caffeine part I don't think would be that bad but giving up the routine and the flavor of coffee...brutal. I'd become a decaf drinker I know it.

Still, straight espresso on an empty stomach will hit me hard though I think it's the sugar that hits me worse, I don't do sugar at all and can't handle it well.

EE is the boys favorite as well. Were you doing single rider line or just the normal line but no wait? It isn't worth it to force kids on rides. We have been known to coerce, only if we are darn sure they will like it. We've also been known to let it go even if we know they'd like it, or have loved it in the past. Not worth it.

I drink decaf. I love the morning ritual and once I realized that's where the joy came from, the no caffeine was easy. Still love my coffee mugs and Keurig but now my pods are decaf as is my Starbucks. My anxiety level has decreased. I was hoping for an increase in sleep but no such luck.

We do the normal line. I should elaborate. The first ride was a walk on, the next two had little waits but no more than 10 minutes. I actually prefer that because I like to enjoy the queue to be honest. I hate rushing through.

Love the hats too. They wore them yesterday to play in the snow. I have a feeling they will today too as it hasn't quit snowing since night before last. Michael isn't feeling well so thank G-d for neighbors with snowblowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love those hats and the group shot of the kids!

Woohoo for Walk-on EE! That's the way to start the morning. That might wake you up better than the caffeine. And then again - probably not!

Sorry you had the shakes from expresso overload.

Fun Update!

Thank you! It really was a super fun morning. I just love AK, we all do. Well except for Dinoland which aside from Dinosaur, is total crap. Its campy carnival which I guess is the point but it detracts from the beauty and vive of AK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Fantastic to walk-on to EE three times in a row! Love the hats. They are adorable.
I love them too. They're so funny. Between that hat and Chloe's Jedi robe she was Disney out the entire trip. I love how Disney allows kids to be kids and adults to be kids.

EE was walk on the first time and only a minimal wait the next two. Well worth it. Its such a great time.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #561
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

I have a confession. I've never ridden EE. I'm askeered. But, we've made a vow...my wife and I. (who also hasn't ridden EE) We're trying new rides we've been too chicken to ride before on these next two trips. EE is on the list.

The boys know about their trips! J threw his hands up in the air with an explanation of "YES!!!"

Big C is totally excited too...especially about getting his airplane ride.
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #562
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I have a confession. I've never ridden EE. I'm askeered. But, we've made a vow...my wife and I. (who also hasn't ridden EE) We're trying new rides we've been too chicken to ride before on these next two trips. EE is on the list.

The boys know about their trips! J threw his hands up in the air with an explanation of "YES!!!"

Big C is totally excited too...especially about getting his airplane ride.

I did not see one FB photo or video of the surprise. Did you post any?

You gotta do EE. I swear it looks far scarier than it is.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #563
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
...pssst pssst...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I did not see one FB photo or video of the surprise. Did you post any?

You gotta do EE. I swear it looks far scarier than it is.
No pics. Because, ummmm, I forgot. Maybe I should have them reenact it.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #564
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

looks like a great start to the day!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #565
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I love the Yeti hats. They are so cute. I need one for Lexi. She needs a hat and she saw the picture and said that is the one she wants.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #566
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great EE update! I LOVE that ride, Fran brings her book and I go through the single rider live three times in a row. That's my limit.

I tried giving up coffee because I seemed to get a stomach ache, but then I realized that it was McDonald's coffee that was doing me in. I need that boost in the morning! I don't have much anxiety problems since we take everything really slowly.

I wish I had more opportunities to wear the jewelry. My life is kind if bi-polar. I'm either doing manual labor or attending a fancy schmancy dinner. There's no Chili's, Red Robin, Olive Garden middle ground! Either eating a meal on my lap at a drive through or a meal with more forks than you know what to do with!

I hope your holidays were fabulous! We had more rain than I wanted, but we're hoping to take a couple extra days. Got to call the doctors office when the open to reschedule tomorrows appointment.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #567
rentayenta

Quote:
No pics. Because, ummmm, I forgot. Maybe I should have them reenact it.

Um heck yes you should reenact it! I'm serious! I bet they're so excited! What did they say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
looks like a great start to the day!

It really was a nice start. There is just something about AK and WDW in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I love the Yeti hats. They are so cute. I need one for Lexi. She needs a hat and she saw the picture and said that is the one she wants.
They are really cute and decent quality. I've washed theirs and it washed well. Air dry. I swear my dryer ruins everything. About the only thing I dry is towels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Great EE update! I LOVE that ride, Fran brings her book and I go through the single rider live three times in a row. That's my limit.

I tried giving up coffee because I seemed to get a stomach ache, but then I realized that it was McDonald's coffee that was doing me in. I need that boost in the morning! I don't have much anxiety problems since we take everything really slowly.

I wish I had more opportunities to wear the jewelry. My life is kind if bi-polar. I'm either doing manual labor or attending a fancy schmancy dinner. There's no Chili's, Red Robin, Olive Garden middle ground! Either eating a meal on my lap at a drive through or a meal with more forks than you know what to do with!

I hope your holidays were fabulous! We had more rain than I wanted, but we're hoping to take a couple extra days. Got to call the doctors office when the open to reschedule tomorrows appointment.

I always forget about the single rider line. It really is such a good attraction in terms of both coaster quality and theme. Was it Montezuma's Revenge at Knott's Berry farm that used to go backwards and upside down? I think that was the name.

Anxiety has been my lifelong nemesis. My mother was/is very emotionally ill which left me always wondering *what's next*. Its a hard feeling to shake. between yoga and being caffeine free, I've got a fairly good handle on it. Its funny; I don;t worry about the big stuff at all. I can handle anything. It's the daily little crap that I worry about. Its so ridiculous but I guess we all have our things.

Bi-polar life. That's funny. I think we go between McDonald's and Michael's cooking which is five star but fortunately I can wear sweats to dinner at home and there's only one fork unless I want to do extra dishes . We were thinking of getting all gussied up for NYE but we've got some friends coming into town who wouldn't enjoy it so we're skipping that. We're going to a cool little place in SLC called The Copper Onion for an early dinner sans kids and then taking all of the the kids to the movies. What are you and Fran doing?

Speaking of doctors, how's Fran healing?

Old 12-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #568
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
...pssst pssst...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Um heck yes you should reenact it! I'm serious! I bet they're so excited! What did they say?

J said, "It's been so long!" ...it will be 3 years since he's been. And Big C is very excited about riding on the plane there. He's already wondering which airline we're going to fly.

We've told them where we're eating, and they're so excited about Ohana and we've really hyped up Be Our Guest. We're forcing them to watch Beauty and the Beast.

Then, we told them we're going twice and that we'll be there during Christmas-time. I think we're all probably more excited for our Christmas trip than the June trip...not that we're not excited.

They're also super excited about their Disney gift cards. They're planning their snacks and souveniers.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #569
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Catching up today!
I love the Yeti hats. So cute!!!!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #570
rentayenta

Quote:
J said, "It's been so long!" ...it will be 3 years since he's been. And Big C is very excited about riding on the plane there. He's already wondering which airline we're going to fly.

We've told them where we're eating, and they're so excited about Ohana and we've really hyped up Be Our Guest. We're forcing them to watch Beauty and the Beast.

Then, we told them we're going twice and that we'll be there during Christmas-time. I think we're all probably more excited for our Christmas trip than the June trip...not that we're not excited.

They're also super excited about their Disney gift cards. They're planning their snacks and souveniers.

I'm so so happy for you all! What a special year you're all going to have. Planning snacks? Men after my own heart. Will you adopt me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Catching up today!
I love the Yeti hats. So cute!!!!

Hey girl! How are you? The hats are adorable for sure.

Any change in plans? Or more changes?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: