Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #526
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Got to see some of your TR. Nice pictures from Typhoon Lagoon. I haven't been to TL in ages. Thank you for sharing your trip report. I will read the rest when I have time.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #527
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Love those mugs! I don't think I have ever seen ones like that at Disneyland?? Feel free to "regift" to me...I will not judge!

An impromptu cabana rental = totally awesome!!

88 degrees sounds amazing right now........

Great update!
I've got 4 barely used if you want me to send you one. Honestly, they're just in the pantry. 88* does sound amazing. So does 68*. heck, 58* sounds good. I despise Utah in the winter. I have to get really really into the holidays to make the cold bearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I think Great Wolf Lodge is crazy because you can't escape the craziness. The water park is inside the hotel, and so your room is right next to the festivities, if you will. Plus, they turn the whole hotel into a big treasure hunt as an added activity, and so there are always loud children running up and down the hallways, at all hours of night. It is literally one of the loudest places I have ever been.

I had surgery the day after we went, and I was actually happy to be in the quiet hospital.

Plus, although there are some kinda cool slides, that's all they are. They're just kinda cool...nothing about it is awesome because it's geared towards kids. So, everything is small scale.

I'll never go again.

The water park is in the hotel? And loud? Sounds okay for a day but not for an entire vacation. Live and learn.

The only slide my family would go on is Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. Even Gabby and she'll go on anything. They all said it would give too big of a wedgie. Plus, Gabby didn't wear the best water park swimsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Got to see some of your TR. Nice pictures from Typhoon Lagoon. I haven't been to TL in ages. Thank you for sharing your trip report. I will read the rest when I have time.

Thank you. I actually get embarrassed when I know you've seen my pics. You take some of the best photos on the boards.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #528
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
It really was the perfect non park day. I really like the water parks. The only thing we haven't loved was Disney Quest. Kind of hard to get into a big arcade/virtual theme park when the four parks are right there.

Are you getting excited for WDW? I can't believe you are going again so soon. So so envious. Are you get to do the Christmas Party too.
I'm so excited, but have so much to do. Yes, we're going to the Christmas party on Sunday.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #529
Senor_Jorge
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

I've got 4 barely used if you want me to send you one. Honestly, they're just in the pantry. 88* does sound amazing. So does 68*. heck, 58* sounds good. I despise Utah in the winter. I have to get really really into the holidays to make the cold bearable. :
My wife refuses to move out of Texas for that reason, even with the winter insanity we have every couple of years with ice storms. We can both drive in it, but too many of our friends and neighbors can't! I have managed to negotiate a week, over New Years at Deer Valley every third year though, and this year is my year. That also means a trip into Salt Lake City for dinner at Red Iguana and a stop at Harmon's to stock up on Bee Hive cheese!!!!
Senor_Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #530
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=rentayenta;46839830]
I've got 4 barely used if you want me to send you one. Honestly, they're just in the pantry. 88* does sound amazing. So does 68*. heck, 58* sounds good. I despise Utah in the winter. I have to get really really into the holidays to make the cold bearable.

How sweet of you!!! I would love to take you up on your generous offer but our cupboards are already bursting with our Starbucks mug collection....yes, we have a problem!!

I live in Seattle, doesn't matter what the temp is, most of the time it is grey outside - could be 40 degrees or 70 degrees. I was under the impression that at least in Utah, it is usually pretty sunny unless it is snowing??? While I love warm temps, I don't mind cold as long as the sun is shining!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #531
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Jorge View Post
My wife refuses to move out of Texas for that reason, even with the winter insanity we have every couple of years with ice storms. We can both drive in it, but too many of our friends and neighbors can't! I have managed to negotiate a week, over New Years at Deer Valley every third year though, and this year is my year. That also means a trip into Salt Lake City for dinner at Red Iguana and a stop at Harmon's to stock up on Bee Hive cheese!!!!
You like to visit Utah? Awesome! Love Harmon's too. We just got our first Trader Joe's last Friday too. It's in SLC. We are about 40 minutes from PC/Deer Valley. We go to Snowbasin to board. Basin is where alot of einter Olympic events were held. Love the Red Iguana. Their verde is the best. DH loves their mole, all of them, but I am not a big fan. Hopefully you'll get a white NYE. If it's going to be cold, it may as well snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
How sweet of you!!! I would love to take you up on your generous offer but our cupboards are already bursting with our Starbucks mug collection....yes, we have a problem!!

I live in Seattle, doesn't matter what the temp is, most of the time it is grey outside - could be 40 degrees or 70 degrees. I was under the impression that at least in Utah, it is usually pretty sunny unless it is snowing??? While I love warm temps, I don't mind cold as long as the sun is shining!

Us too. Between popcorn buckets and plastic Mickey head bowls (the ones that the kids meals used to come in) I'm overflowing with Disney plastic goodness. Love Starbucks. Or Fourbucks as I like to call it however DH just told me about an $8 drink they have. For $8 there better be a shot in it.

Yes, its pretty sunny here but we do get Utah's version of pollution. We call it inversion. It's smog but for some reason the weather folk here like to deny that we've got smog. And traffic. It is quite gorgeous with the four seasons but it gets so so cold. Luckily we don't get the ice storms that Señor Jorge above was referring to. We get nice pretty powder which is amazing if I don't have anywhere to be.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #532
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
;welcome: Scott. Are you the same Scott that's on FB in the Disney Talk group? Thanks for joining in.

You took 2600 pics? How long was your trip? I see your link, I'll go check out your report.
that is me.
I did. we were there for 13 days. 10/8-10/20

Great updates and pics.
I like the parade but can skip it.
Nice you met jenn. I live in the same city and have yet to. One day.
We just got the DVC premier pass so we will be trying our first water park next year.
I am looking forward to more.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #533
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I have been reading your TR sporadically (mostly just looking at the photos ) It looks like your family had a great time.

I was also surprised how much my kids like Epcot. I thought I would have to "sell it" more but they all liked it. DD12 said she would like to eat her way around the world more. That's my girl!

I too love the Main Street Electrical Parade. That synthesizer sound was big part of my childhood too and I was glad I got to see it again last year when we were at WDW. I liked Spectromagic on its own merits when DH and I were there a few years back, but there's something about MSEP -- bring it back to DLR!!!

We are also revealing next year's trip to Disneyland as a Christmas present. I just posted some photos over on my PTR of what I'm putting in the box. We have the advantage that our trip is for March spring break so it's a little more tangible.

I look forward to seeing more of your WDW trip!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #534
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
that is me.
I did. we were there for 13 days. 10/8-10/20

Great updates and pics.
I like the parade but can skip it.
Nice you met jenn. I live in the same city and have yet to. One day.
We just got the DVC premier pass so we will be trying our first water park next year.
I am looking forward to more.

Our trips totally overlapped. I'll check out your report. Did you get to meet up with Jennifer? You got a premier pass? I'm so envious. I;m still trying to talk DH into Disneyland next August. I know we're going to go, he knows we're going to go, the kids know we're going to go so he may as well give in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I have been reading your TR sporadically (mostly just looking at the photos ) It looks like your family had a great time.

I was also surprised how much my kids like Epcot. I thought I would have to "sell it" more but they all liked it. DD12 said she would like to eat her way around the world more. That's my girl!

I too love the Main Street Electrical Parade. That synthesizer sound was big part of my childhood too and I was glad I got to see it again last year when we were at WDW. I liked Spectromagic on its own merits when DH and I were there a few years back, but there's something about MSEP -- bring it back to DLR!!!

We are also revealing next year's trip to Disneyland as a Christmas present. I just posted some photos over on my PTR of what I'm putting in the box. We have the advantage that our trip is for March spring break so it's a little more tangible.

I look forward to seeing more of your WDW trip!

PHXscuba

I'm enjoying your report too. I'll go check out what's in your Disneyland box. Going during Spring Break does it make it a better Christmas surprise for sure. DH said no to having it be part of Christmas but I haven't given up entirely.

The synth is the best in the MSEP. I am so glad we didn't miss it this trip. For the past 5 trips I've been on the wrong coast.

Sorry for the lack of speed with regard to updates. I've been consumed with the DCFS/foster child gift collecting (as some of my FB friends know). I am hoping to get an update finished and posted by the weekend.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #535
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Sorry for the lack of speed with regard to updates. I've been consumed with the DCFS/foster child gift collecting (as some of my FB friends know). I am hoping to get an update finished and posted by the weekend.
You are doing an amazing thing there my friend special stuff.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #536
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You are doing an amazing thing there my friend special stuff.

Thanks friend. I posted that your jeans arrived, not sure if you saw that. Gabby was like: Oooooooo Hollister.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #538
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I did, that's too funny. I hope they like them and they fit!

They've been so good. Every gift under the tree is for the boys, and there's a lot. There isn't one for my kids. I think I'll throw them a bone and put something under for them.

They're beautiful jeans, I'm sure they'll fit.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #539
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Our trips totally overlapped. I'll check out your report. Did you get to meet up with Jennifer? You got a premier pass? I'm so envious. I;m still trying to talk DH into Disneyland next August. I know we're going to go, he knows we're going to go, the kids know we're going to go so he may as well give in now.
Yes they did. No I didn't. She claimed she was ill when we were to meet. I think it was an excuse. Only kidding. We really didn't meet. We were going to see Air Supply but it didn't work out.
I did get one. Not sure if I would again we are not water park people and have never been to Disneyquest but we will try both now.
No DLR for us anytime soon. We are doing WDW twice or three times next year and our first cruise on the Dream.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #540
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I hope you had a very Happy Hanukkah!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: