Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #361
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
That looks like something I can handle. Is the marshmallow cream the same as marshmallow fluff? Does it matter if you use butter instead of margarine? Clearly I don't bake much.
Marshmallow cream is the same as Fluff. I used to only use Fluff but they don't sell Fluff here. I always have my parents bring me some on their way through to AZ. Also I have only ever used butter, no fake chemical stuff in this house. Also I should note that I always have everything all measured out so I can just dump it in when the time comes and have your pan lined and greased (I just use butter) before you start. I have tried other fudge recipes and this is the easiest and the best one. Before I was allergic to nuts pb was my favorite and then I would just use a cup of pb instead of the chocolate chips.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #362
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous
 
Goofyluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Wreck It Ralph was so good. Very cute, good for all ages. Some funny inside adult humor- Disney hides it from the kids so well. The moral is relative and no one jerks the tears like Disney.

You've got to go and ask for our server. Jenna didn't resist but he was quite insistent. I'm sure they'd make you do something even more embarrassing. He started in the second we sat down. We did well with the TiW card. The DDP is okay but you know you like your appetizers. And sharing is so much fun.

You made marshmallows? I love marshmallows. I don;t know that I've ever had a homemade one. And fudge? Tell me it had nuts of some sort. I'm the only one who likes nuts in my fudge so we usually end up with nutless fudge.

No me gusta sterile either. I know people love BLT and it's proximity but it looks like an Ikea ad. I'm too for BLT. I haven't been to the GF but it sure looked purdy across from MK.

I will tell him hi. He's all over the FB, you should *friend* him.
I'm going to have to look Keith up and friend him. Jon still has the shirt that he a T got him, even though it barely fits anymore.

Ummmm, no nuts in my fudge. I'm firmly anti-nut.

You've never even stopped into GF? Girl, go the the GFCafe NOW! Fabulous food.
__________________
'Tis the gift to be simple,
'tis the gift to be free,
'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #363
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Marshmallow cream is the same as Fluff. I used to only use Fluff but they don't sell Fluff here. I always have my parents bring me some on their way through to AZ. Also I have only ever used butter, no fake chemical stuff in this house. Also I should note that I always have everything all measured out so I can just dump it in when the time comes and have your pan lined and greased (I just use butter) before you start. I have tried other fudge recipes and this is the easiest and the best one. Before I was allergic to nuts pb was my favorite and then I would just use a cup of pb instead of the chocolate chips.
Watch the boiling time if you live at altitude....I learned the hard way after ruining several batches of fudge after moving to Denver from Missouri. I use a thermometer and there are some good conversion tips online.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #364
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Watch the boiling time if you live at altitude....I learned the hard way after ruining several batches of fudge after moving to Denver from Missouri. I use a thermometer and there are some good conversion tips online.

Jill in CO
Thanks, I didn't think of that.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #365
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Marshmallow cream is the same as Fluff. I used to only use Fluff but they don't sell Fluff here. I always have my parents bring me some on their way through to AZ. Also I have only ever used butter, no fake chemical stuff in this house. Also I should note that I always have everything all measured out so I can just dump it in when the time comes and have your pan lined and greased (I just use butter) before you start. I have tried other fudge recipes and this is the easiest and the best one. Before I was allergic to nuts pb was my favorite and then I would just use a cup of pb instead of the chocolate chips.

Cool! I still have the 2 jars of marshmallow fluff I didn't use on our trip to WDW. Good and I prefer butter too. We don't have margarine in the house. I know margarine can separate the water from chemicals so I wasn't sure if that would affect the fudge. It sounds good with pb too. When did you develop a but allergy?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I'm going to have to look Keith up and friend him. Jon still has the shirt that he a T got him, even though it barely fits anymore.

Ummmm, no nuts in my fudge. I'm firmly anti-nut.

You've never even stopped into GF? Girl, go the the GFCafe NOW! Fabulous food.

Anti nut I heart nuts.

No, I haven't been to the GF. The menu looks good. It was on my maybe list last trip. Worth the trek over for if not staying at a Monorail resort?

He just posted on my status, you can't miss him.

Speaking of I posted the best video about women's right to vote. Kicking it old school today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Watch the boiling time if you live at altitude....I learned the hard way after ruining several batches of fudge after moving to Denver from Missouri. I use a thermometer and there are some good conversion tips online.

Jill in CO

Jill. I wouldn't have thought about altitude and you're correct, we're at about 4,500 feet so I'm guessing I'll need to adjust and use a thermometer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Thanks, I didn't think of that.
Neither did I. Does it mean I have to use a thermometer?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #366
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Cool! I still have the 2 jars of marshmallow fluff I didn't use on our trip to WDW. Good and I prefer butter too. We don't have margarine in the house. I know margarine can separate the water from chemicals so I wasn't sure if that would affect the fudge. It sounds good with pb too. When did you develop a but allergy?






Anti nut I heart nuts.

No, I haven't been to the GF. The menu looks good. It was on my maybe list last trip. Worth the trek over for if not staying at a Monorail resort?

He just posted on my status, you can't miss him.

Speaking of I posted the best video about women's right to vote. Kicking it old school today.




Jill. I wouldn't have thought about altitude and you're correct, we're at about 4,500 feet so I'm guessing I'll need to adjust and use a thermometer.



Neither did I. Does it mean I have to use a thermometer?
You need to dial back the boiling time for sure. As a rule of thumb, dial down the temp you are shooting for by 2 degrees F for every 1000 feet of altitude you are.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #367
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill

You need to dial back the boiling time for sure. As a rule of thumb, dial down the temp you are shooting for by 2 degrees F for every 1000 feet of altitude you are.

Jill in CO
Thank you Jill. I'll do that. I'm excited now to start making the fudge. I best make a trial batch
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #368
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you Jill. I'll do that. I'm excited now to start making the fudge. I best make a trial batch
Experimenting is fun and very bad for my butt.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #369
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill

Experimenting is fun and very bad for my butt.

Jill in CO
I hear ya! I'm such a grazer anyway.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #370
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics again. Knowing BLT sleeps 5 and has 2 bathrooms does put it on the table....One bathroom is doable but not fun with 5 of us. heck, Michael and I don't even share a sink at home. We've got 3 bathrooms at home which I know isn't necessary but we sure appreciate them. One for guests is so nice.

I didn't realize you are staying at BLT during your next trip too. I'll look forward to your review and pics. Isn't your cruise soon too????

I'm trying to plan a solo bday trip to So Cal for my birthday March. Solo as in no kids. I'm thinking of doing Disneyland/DCA for a day each and then staying with my girlfriend the rest of the time. My tentative dates would be DL/DCA 3/7 and 3/8. My bday is 3/7. 44; where does the time go? Let me know what you think.

I would imagine the mobility issues you and Fran face can be a pain for sure. Especially when she's in pain. Does she go on any rides? I didn't realize she didn't ride a lot. The resort time then would be extra important. I'm glad you can spoil yourselves there.
Been a few busy days before I could respond! Yes the Cruise is coming up really fast! I can't wait! We go in less than three weeks. Our next trip to WDW iss almost like the one we were supposed to take with our friend who passed away except we start out at WWoHP at the Royal Pacific. Each time it gets better (since we've canceled and rebooked three times), now we have to stay at the CL since they don't have any normal rooms!

We are at Kidani for 4 nights and BLT for 4 nights. At this point I don't care, I just want some vacations! I'm going stir crazy. Even the little jaunt to Santa whatever was cool, I was away from from home and didn't have to feed the kids. A week of that and I will be in heaven!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #371
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
When did you develop a but allergy?
This really is one of your best typos.

I unfortunately developed one about 10 years ago. I used to be able to eat the every once and a while but the other day I had one cashew and I had to use my epi pen. I was at work too. I loved nuts too. Cashews and pistachios were my favorite.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #372
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Been a few busy days before I could respond! Yes the Cruise is coming up really fast! I can't wait! We go in less than three weeks. Our next trip to WDW iss almost like the one we were supposed to take with our friend who passed away except we start out at WWoHP at the Royal Pacific. Each time it gets better (since we've canceled and rebooked three times), now we have to stay at the CL since they don't have any normal rooms!

We are at Kidani for 4 nights and BLT for 4 nights. At this point I don't care, I just want some vacations! I'm going stir crazy. Even the little jaunt to Santa whatever was cool, I was away from from home and didn't have to feed the kids. A week of that and I will be in heaven!

Less than 3 weeks? I'm so happy for you! You both deserve a nice relaxing pampered vacation. Poor thing having to stay CL. However will you cope? CL at Disney too? I saw that magic elevator at Kidani. I hope that one day I'll be able to snag it.

Was Santa wherever the car show?

I'll be eager to see your BLT pics. Are you doing a Studio or one bedroom? And Kidani. I swear I could live there. We all loved it. It's such a beautiful and mellow resort. It has such a peaceful vibe. I bought a bamboo while we were there and it sits right in my living room next to a lantern filled with sand from my favorite spot in Mexico, Zihuatanejo. Now you're making me want to go somewhere. Michael says he's planning our 20th for next year and I'm like: in 10 months? best get on it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
This really is one of your best typos.

I unfortunately developed one about 10 years ago. I used to be able to eat the every once and a while but the other day I had one cashew and I had to use my epi pen. I was at work too. I loved nuts too. Cashews and pistachios were my favorite.

But allergy? That is my best typo.

What causes a sudden nut allergy? That must have been so scary especially f you could eat them before. You'd have no idea what was happening.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #373
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER] Less than 3 weeks? I'm so happy for you! You both deserve a nice relaxing pampered vacation. Poor thing having to stay CL. However will you cope? CL at Disney too? I saw that magic elevator at Kidani. I hope that one day I'll be able to snag it.
I know I can't believe it! I would have our suitcases packed already but we have to go to DCA this weekend. I hope they upgrade us to CL, we can use it!!!!! It is our annual Band weekend. We stay over because we do a late dinner 8:45 at that *Special restaurant* with whoever from the band can afford it. Usually there are a little over a bakers dozen who show up and we have a great time, but get to bed at midnight.

When we all have to be at the call time at 9AM, it makes a rather sleepless night! We all show up in our tuxes and formal best and play a show. This year it is at 11:30AM so we'll all be in the park by 1:30-2:00PM and then spend the rest of the day having fun. Usually Fran and I go home because she is in pain or we have something to do.

This year she is on a mission to convince our new conductor that Disney is not evil and even large economy sized folks can have fun at Disney. He thinks he can't get on any rides because he is too big, so hopefully we can change that perspective.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #374
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
But allergy? That is my best typo.

What causes a sudden nut allergy? That must have been so scary especially f you could eat them before. You'd have no idea what was happening.
I don't know what started it. One Christmas Jon gave me a can of mixed nuts in my stocking and when I started eating it my lips, tongue, chest and throat started to feel tight and swell up. I went to the dr after the holidays and got tested and sure enough I had an allergy. I have to get tested again because I have noticed some times tomatoes are starting to give a reaction too.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #375
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

First snow for me today, we missed the real first snow during our trip. I hate snow. I'm going to try and retain a semi decent attitude this winter though. Wish me luck.






Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I know I can't believe it! I would have our suitcases packed already but we have to go to DCA this weekend. I hope they upgrade us to CL, we can use it!!!!! It is our annual Band weekend. We stay over because we do a late dinner 8:45 at that *Special restaurant* with whoever from the band can afford it. Usually there are a little over a bakers dozen who show up and we have a great time, but get to bed at midnight.

When we all have to be at the call time at 9AM, it makes a rather sleepless night! We all show up in our tuxes and formal best and play a show. This year it is at 11:30AM so we'll all be in the park by 1:30-2:00PM and then spend the rest of the day having fun. Usually Fran and I go home because she is in pain or we have something to do.

This year she is on a mission to convince our new conductor that Disney is not evil and even large economy sized folks can have fun at Disney. He thinks he can't get on any rides because he is too big, so hopefully we can change that perspective.

Sorry for my late response too. It's been a crazy few days. As you saw we're seeking the Expedition, refi-ing the house. The appraiser called us Wed at 10:00 pm to let us know he'd be there Thursday at 5:00. Michael and I were up at 5:30 yesterday cleaning.


I'm so happy for you. Are you ready? FEs all set to go? I've got a friend in Cabo now and she says it's gorgeous. What are the special restaurant options on the cruise?

*Special restaurant*. Love those pics! I can't imagine not going but it is expensive. I'd sell a kidney to go. Really.

What a fabulous experience to play there. And all gussied up too. Do you always dress to impress when playing? Do you have more casual venues?

Disney is so *economy sized* folks friendly. Hopefully he'll change his tune.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I don't know what started it. One Christmas Jon gave me a can of mixed nuts in my stocking and when I started eating it my lips, tongue, chest and throat started to feel tight and swell up. I went to the dr after the holidays and got tested and sure enough I had an allergy. I have to get tested again because I have noticed some times tomatoes are starting to give a reaction too.


Tomatoes too? I love tomatoes. I like nuts but could live without them. I think I'd perish without tomatoes. That must have been scary to have that allergic reaction.

I was going to work on an update during my conference but since its on Mindfullness, I might have to stay engaged.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: