Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Need a second credit card

I'm furious with Bank of America. I recently found out they canceled my credit card, just because I hadn't used it in awhile. What makes me mad is, they didn't even send me a letter or email, saying they were canceling it. I also have a Disney Chase Visa that I use for everything and then go online and payoff every week or so. I just had the Bank of America card as a backup, in case the Chase Visa didn't work for some reason. The only reason I found out Bank of America canceled my card is that I also have my house loan with them and when I went online this month to pay it, I noticed that when I clicked on accounts the cc wasn't showing up. It usually shows up with a zero balance. Anyway, I called and they told me they'd canceled it, because I hadn't used it in about a year or so. I told him I was leaving for vacation soon and wanted the card as a backup and asked that it be renewed. He checked, but said they couldn't do it, as it had been too long since I'd used it and I'd have to reapply. Uh, no thanks, I'll just get another card. I refuse to owe alot of money or pay interest if I don't have to, so would be paying it off every month. I looked at the Chase Sapphire and applied online and was instantly approved. Is this a good credit card though? Are there any out there that are any better? Again I use the Disney Chase Visa as my primary card, but need a second cc as a backup.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-10-2012 at 12:36 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

You need to use any card every so often or the issuer can and will cancel it on you, with or without notice. Chase did this with my first Disney Visa. They cancelled the account and then sent me a letter. I've seen it recommended that you use a backup card at least every six months or so.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: