Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran

Wilderness Villas to Downtown Disney

How long is the trip usually from Wilderness to Downtown Disney? I have read horror stories about using Disney transportation to get to DTD so I am reluctant to even try it. We have never tried Earl of Sandwich and would like to see the new Phineas and Ferb attraction at DTD, so I am only planning on spending about an hour at DTD. Is the ride there worth it? I was considering this for Halloween night. Will DTD be crazy since they no longer do trick or treating?? Thanks!!
jenhelgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The horror stories (Halloween or not) are a bit overblown. The bus ride will get you there just fine. It can be fun wandering around DTD.
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran

How long is the wait for DTD buses at Wilderness? And after that how long is the bus ride? I know its only a few miles, but I'm not sure if the bus is just for Wilderness guests or if they make multiple stops.....
jenhelgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The wait can be anything from a walk-on to 15-20 minutes. Sometimes it seems long. Its all depending on when you get there and when the next bus comes. They aren't on a rigid schedule so you just can't tell.

The ride itself is probably 15 minutes.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
The ride itself is probably 15 minutes.
I'd say more like 20-30 minutes going, since the bus stops at GF first, and then has to backtrack past WL. Before 11 a.m., the bus may also stop at TL, which takes at least 5 minutes more.

The return trip can take longer in the afternoon, when the bus has to stop again at TL, and traffic out of TL can back up if the weather is bad. I would expect the return trip from MktPl to take 1 hour in the afternoon, including wait time. If catching a bus to the airport or getting to an important dining reservation, allow 90 minutes.
joelkfla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
OKW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
I'd say more like 20-30 minutes going, since the bus stops at GF first, and then has to backtrack past WL. Before 11 a.m., the bus may also stop at TL, which takes at least 5 minutes more.

The return trip can take longer in the afternoon, when the bus has to stop again at TL, and traffic out of TL can back up if the weather is bad. I would expect the return trip from MktPl to take 1 hour in the afternoon, including wait time. If catching a bus to the airport or getting to an important dining reservation, allow 90 minutes.
Thanks for the clarification!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: