Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

Question Best plans for DHS & EP PM EMH?

On our upcoming trip we are visiting DHS & EP on PM EMH days. I didn't plan it around the EMH, just the way it worked out so we figured we might as well take advantage of the extra time in the parks. I'm trying to get together some sort of plan together for these days. What rides/attractions should we make sure we hit during the day because they will either be closed or too busy? Likewise, what are some of the best things to do in each park during PM EMH?

Please refrain from the 'don't do PM EMH, do AM EMH.' 1. All of our ADRs are made and 2. our schedule is pretty much set so we're not in a position to rearrange park days.

Thanks.
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
dnsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

At Epcot, definitely leave Soarin' for EMH. Or, if you love it enough to ride it twice (like me ), FP it during the day and ride again during EMH. Same with Test Track if you will be there after it reopens. At DHS, most of the shows only perform during the day, so be sure to hit those up. The most popular rides are Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania, so I would apply the same strategy as with the rides I mentioned at Epcot.

If you google search "rides open during extra magic hours" and click on the third result (at allears.net), you'll find a list to help you make your decisions. (I can't insert a link to it because I'm a newbie and have only made 6 posts - they require you to make 10 before you can post links.) Have fun! I've only experienced PM EMH once but it was great. Walked right onto Soarin' with hardly any wait.
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
mjp12831
DIS Veteran

You really cannot plan for pm emh - you never know how crowded the park will be or what the SB waits are going to be.

The best way to attack pm emh is just to wander and use your smart phone to see what wait times are and react.

We rarely will wait in a S! SB line at E pmh - it's just too long - arrive early and use your FP to ride it a few times. Other rides are generally fine (assuming TT is in refurb)

At HS, TSM and RnR are the same - often ToT and Star Tours are manageable waits during pmemh.

WDW Commando member #60
mjp12831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: