Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
letsgoagainsoon
North Central PA

WCC Huge disappointment

I know there is a thread on here but I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents.

We went last night to WCC, it was horrible. We had been in the past and it was one of our favorite meals. This menu change is very disappointing. The food was bland and overall just terrible. The desserts are a joke and you don't even get to pick which one you want -- they just put one in front of you. Who was the genius that picked this new menu?? Jalapeño cheesecake...yea it's that gross! Lol

On the plus side our server was good. I told him we were disappointed, he said he personally has not gotten a lot of complaints about the new menu, but he would let management know we were not impressed. Either other people have never been before the menu change or they like crappy food!

He said they changed the menu to allow guests to get in and out faster because resort guests were complaining they could never get a table. Well, if they keep this menu, I think there will be lots of tables available.
August '96 - Off Property; September '01- All Star Music; October '04 - All Star Movies; July '05 - Pop Century; September '06 - Pop Century; April '07 - Pop Century; September '08 - Movies; September '09 - Pop Century; September '10 - Pop Century; September '11- Pop Century; September '12 - Coronado Springs
letsgoagainsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
DEEJ91
Earning My Ears

I have heard similar things. WCC was always one of my favorite places to eat. However since the menu change I have no desire to go. I even canceled our res next month and we'll just do a QS
DEEJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

Oh no. Now i am worried about eating lunch there on my next trip. We really enjoyed it on our last trip.

I just canceled a 4:15 ressie at 4:15 on our party day bc i was able to get a 2:15 ressie at WCC. I thought it would be better to eat early and not spend park time eating. Now i am wondering if i should stalk the ressie site to see if i can get a ressie at another MK resort restaurant

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip (Hopefully) 2015 to Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

We had a ressie there for dinner, but with the change to the platter only I cancelled it. I can't eat the BBQ stuff, and others we were meeting up with didn't care for other parts. Very disappointing because I really enjoyed the restaurant when we went in the past two years.

Past Trips: Nov-Dec 20130; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

Our last trip was our first and last visit to WCC. Lonnnnngggg wait for a table (with and ADR) friendly, but sllllooowww service and we just were't impressed with the food. I guess if we were staying there we might try it again, but to travel all the way over there ... not worth it in our book!

Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...
AlixaLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

After seeing the changes to the menu on allears.net, I quickly decided not to go there again. I've only been once but the food was wonderful and the "show" hilarious. So disappointing. And jalapeno cheesecake?! Really?!?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
And jalapeno cheesecake?! Really?!?
A restaurant really has to question its overall strategy when it puts something on the menu that servers more or less have to apologize for, or say things like: "You should try it. It's not as bad/weird as it sounds". This dish may be very good. But I'll be the staff gets really tired of explaining it.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymummer View Post
Oh no. Now i am worried about eating lunch there on my next trip. We really enjoyed it on our last trip.

I just canceled a 4:15 ressie at 4:15 on our party day bc i was able to get a 2:15 ressie at WCC. I thought it would be better to eat early and not spend park time eating. Now i am wondering if i should stalk the ressie site to see if i can get a ressie at another MK resort restaurant
The lunch menu is still a la carte so you should be fine. The one change is that the all-you-care-to-eat skillet is no longer offered at lunch.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #9
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEJ91 View Post
I have heard similar things. WCC was always one of my favorite places to eat. However since the menu change I have no desire to go. I even canceled our res next month and we'll just do a QS
We were supposed to eat dinner there during our Oct 27th-Nov 4th trip. After seeing the new menu, we too canceled. The other day, when I went online to cancel it, I just put in my dates and clicked dinner for the time, hoping for anything decent at this late date. I was pleasantly surprised to find a 7:00pm Boma available, so switched to there.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #10
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Had planned on booking but didn't want BBQ wanted the pasta dish they had for dinner but guess we won't go now!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #11
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

What is WWC? It's sounds horrible!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDetective View Post
What is WWC? It's sounds horrible!
WCC is the Whispering Canyon Cafe, found at the Wilderness Lodge...

In spite of mixed reviews of WCC in the past I have always been a big fan of the place and have always made sure it was one of our ADR's. I must admit though, with what I have been reading about the new menu I have some concerns.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
Tinker74
I had goosebumps with the opening credits
i must admit i raised my eyebrow only slightly at HASH

I too am gutted about the new menu and I NEVER EVER complain about restaurant changes..i just think "oh well" and roll with the punches..

But/.....why Oh Why mess with the skilllet??....Why take the pulled pork off?...Why take the brisket off?? What is left is bland bland bland.

So sad to not go to WCC next year..was a fave..now Whats the point?
And we will be staying at VWL next year....just means an extra trip to trails end I suppose...but I will miss dining in the lovely WL lobby...
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I'm gonna have to chime in on this one, too. My DD18 and I ate there in early Sept (just before the menu change) and I'll be honest, even then I wasn't impressed with the food. The "fun" was good, but the food wasn't even close to worth what they charged me for. We each wanted the platter but most of the meats were on the drier, tougher side. (I like mine juicy, tender and a bit saucy - go figure.) They brought us ONE platter to share, which we did, and we asked for more chicken - to which they brought us 2 more legs and then charged us for TWO orders of the platter. Seriously? We only had ONE!!

DSCN9360 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

We didn't stay for dessert so I can't comment on the desserts. But if jalapeno cheesecake would have been one of the choices, you can be sure I would NOT have been ordering that. We went to Roaring Forks after dinner and split THIS instead ....

DSCN9369 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

IMHO, the food at WCC has never been very good. I believe that people are interested in eating there more for the "show" than for the food.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: