Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
94bruin
DIS Veteran

Child swap for child who just hits the ht limit?

I measured my 3 yo last night and she is 40.25 inches. Yay!

However, even though that opens up a whole bunch of new rides, I'm not sure if she'll be ready for those rides as she is very cautious about those rides. We've been to the parks quite a few times and she has always been content to see big sister go off to ride the "scary" rides.

If we try a few and she doesn't want to, can we still use child swap, or is it reserved only for those who are strictly too short? I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure.

On one hand, I'm happy that DD2 is finally able to meet the ht limit for the rides, on the other hand, it'll totally change the way we visit the parks now. DD1 will be so sad that she will only get to ride her favorite rides once (vs twice in a row with one parent each time.)

Past DL visits: 1984, 1990-95 (numerous times), 11/01 (GCH), 9/09 (GCH), 5/10 (GCH), 12/11 (DLH) - as new AP holders!, 1/12 (offsite), 4/12 (Homewood Suites), 10/12 (PP-concierge), 11/13 (DLH) - with three other families/AP holders again!, 4/14 (DLH)
Past WDW visits: 1982, 1998

Next DL visit: July 2014 offsite/GCH
94bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

You should be able to use child swap with no trouble. The CMs are pretty understanding that just because a child is tall enough, it doesn't mean they WANT to ride. We used it successfully for my friend's DD6 last year, who is very tall for her age. While she can go on everything height-wise, she is still too scared to do things like Indy and Screamin'. We were able to get a child swap ticket every time, no questions asked.

Hope that helps! Have a great trip, I'm sure it will be magical with all those little ones!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: