Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Disney Gift card to pay for WDW package/deposit

I'm planning our 1st trip to the "world".....we did 2 days at the "land" over 2 years ago, so new territory for me!

Quick question: I will be calling to book our package next week when the new discount is released to the GP. Can I use a Disney gift card to pay the deposit amount (isn't it $200?) and then use gift cards to pay the balance over the next couple of months?

Our local grocery store sells the cards and I can earn fuel discounts this way
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

i have paid the balance on gift cards. but a word of caution, if you cancel, they credit that card back so don't throw it out. i had cancelled a trip & fortunately when they told me balance was going back on the gift card I kept them in a safe place. same as cash.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
princessmomma92
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom
I'm planning our 1st trip to the "world".....we did 2 days at the "land" over 2 years ago, so new territory for me!

Quick question: I will be calling to book our package next week when the new discount is released to the GP. Can I use a Disney gift card to pay the deposit amount (isn't it $200?) and then use gift cards to pay the balance over the next couple of months?

Our local grocery store sells the cards and I can earn fuel discounts this way
My friend who lives 500 miles away and I took a trip together last month. She paid her entire half with Disney gift cards and I paid most of mine that way as well. You can get Disney gift cards at Walgreens if you do not live near a Disney store. . Hope this helps.
princessmomma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
sydneysmom
Always dreaming about Cpt Jack Sparrow

I just booked our package and used a couple of gift cards for the deposit... you can pay using them right on the website.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Those of you who buy gift cards in order to get gas perks or other discounts should read about the problem that it caused for this poster:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002452

In a nutshell, she purchased GCs to pay for her trip and now she has to cancel for financial reasons. She needs the trip money so that she can pay a hospital bill. If she can't return the GCs for a refund (and that's possible if she didn't purchase directly from Disney), she may have to settle for a reduced price on ebay or one of the credit card re-seller websites.

Yes, it often works out without any problems. But when it doesn't work out, it really sucks. Having a couple thousand $$$ in Disney GCs is worth nothing when the accepted currency is USD where you owe money.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: